Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by madyaks1 View Post
    Lazy, as with the rest of the game today some people think they shouldn't have to work gear or valor or to see end game content.
    For me its not about gear or rewards. To hell with welfare gear that is useless inn 3-6 months. This is 2013, anyone giving rats ass about gear is really wierd.

What the problem for me however is, that I'm an achivement whore, rep whore, all inn all GRINDER (The only rep grind I haven't done is 2 factions for Insane and WSG) off pretty much anything, but when daylies are involved inn all rep grinds it gets very annoying. Some off the best grinds I've ever did was Key farms inn Dire Maul North, or Scryer>Aldor conversion. I could choose the speed, not some stupid game system. And let me tell you; I grinded DM North for like 2-3 weeks straight. I lived inn that damn place on the weekends, but when it was over I was very happy.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i havent played since mid way thru Cata so i cant speak for the fiasco of MoP dailies but ive never enjoyed dailies basically since their inception. i always thought they were a lazy/cheap way of "giving the player something to do"

i would say a good 95% of the dailies i did in my WoW lifetime were all boring and uninteresting the FIRST time i did them, let alone the multitude of times after. i did however run the shit out of the netherwing dailies because no matter how bad i thought those things were i was determined to get a netherwing drake. to this day i still think those are the coolest looking mounts and i was quite excited when i got mine not much longer after they were implemented.

one could argue if they came up with awesome, long lasting rewards to put behind the various reputations then i might have a different opinion. however up until mid way thru Cata the only faction's rep reward that i gave two shits about was the netherwing one. to each their own!

Dailies are the latest bandwagon to complain about.
    5.4 is bringing many changes to the reputation requirements for gear, so most of the arguments about mandatory rewards are simply out of habit and because people like to complain.
    Come 5.4 there will be no mandatory need for dailies, which had been reduced multiple times already.
    Remember Therazane ?

People may complain about the effective cap of dailies, but the point is without a cap, without that gating then people will blow through it as quickly as they possibly can.
    If you offer more people will do more.
    The raid formats fiasco proves that.

I suggested previously that the biggest issue with dailies was the gating of gear behind them.
    Come 5.4 the reputation for most gear is hugely reduced.
    It looks like I was right.

Reputation rewards at exalted should be attractive, but not mandatory.
    Mounts, pets, cosmetic stuff is fine that sort of level.
    But it should not really be core progression gear.
    Exalted should be a choice, not a necessity and 5.4 is doing a lot right in that regard.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-08-04 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Thats where you are wrong. The zone had the best, or some off the best, world pvp action Ive ever seen inn wow. And my server wasen't quit healthy inn TBC, so can only imagine it being more chaotic, ganky and rage infusing on high pop.
    How is world pvp on pvp server making daily quests on a pve server any better? Or the daily quests in pvp server for that matter? It only made most of the people to be on the same area. That's it. The daily quests weren't any more better or worse than today. They were just the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Dailies are the latest bandwagon to complain about.
    5.4 is bringing many changes to the reputation requirements for gear, so most of the arguments about mandatory rewards are simply out of habit and because people like to complain.
    Come 5.4 there will be no mandatory need for dailies, which had been reduced multiple times already.
    Remember Therazane ?

People may complain about the effective cap of dailies, but the point is without a cap, without that gating then people will blow through it as quickly as they possibly can.
    If you offer more people will do more.
    The raid formats fiasco proves that.
    I would rather have like 3 options on how to get reputation. If they really want to cap the amount of rep to get per week (like it is now), then just cap the damn rep regardless of how you get it. And converting dailies to weeklies would be a good start too. Let's say 10-15 quests per faction per week + dungeon championing with tabard (would work in raids too) + farmable/returnable items. Take all these for all factions, then add a cap of, say 10k a week, and there you go. Anyone can do your weekly cap in a day if they for example know they can't play for the next 5 days. Or they can take the whole week to do it. Or is it stupid to have a choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    They aren't anti-daily, they are anti-dailies where those dailies are the only way to get important upgrades.
    This. I like dailies, but loot spread at the start of MoP was damn foolish.

These days, I'm of the opinion that the only things that should be gated behind faction grinds should be mounts, vanity items, profession patterns and faction-specific story lines. Leave the gear on the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    How is world pvp on pvp server making daily quests on a pve server any better? Or the daily quests in pvp server for that matter? It only made most of the people to be on the same area. That's it. The daily quests weren't any more better or worse than today. They were just the same.
    Its not so much the daylies being fun, its the gurantied 10 minutes to 1 hour off world pvp you we're gonna have, while doing them, that was alot off fun. Especially good for TBC, cause we still had the hole rivalary between few persons, the odd taunting realm forum post, and the notorius great pvpere's you could sometimes get to try and kill at the place. And I'm not into PvP much, but world pvp like that I have always enjoyed.

...Oh all the times I would be a total kid to people, just ganking people as I was flying around being bored inn a zone. Some don't enjoy world pvp, and thats fine, I just know its the best kind of pvp for me - The unprepared, suprising world pvp ftw. Especially fun while lvling alts back many years ago.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    all the people who complain about dailies should just leave wow and the game would become instantly better - if u dont like quests & grinds dont play a RP game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    The more and more time goes on I keep seeing people complain and say how it's unfair you have to do dailies. It's like y'all are scared to leave a capital city almost.
    Personally, I like them because it gives me something to do besides AFK in a capital city and hope I don't miss the que popping up. But this also brings up the topic of the bulging bags of charms. Everyone is saying its a way to make money because Blizzard put dailies into the game to force you to do to them to get anywhere..? I never did any almost on my pally and he's got full ToT LFR gear with some normal ToT pieces now. Never did use the bonus rolls...because they are BONUS rolls. Not something that you're forced to do. If you wan't something to help gear you easier, why complain about it?

But all in all, it takes me maybe 2 hours to do all the dailies on my warrior at the most and I end up with over 1,000g, several spirits of harmony normally, lots of enchanting mats, and something do while waiting for LFR or BG's to pop up. So why are people so anti dailies in your opinion? Some people are honestly acting like they are hitler and dailies are the jews during the holocaust on how big of a deal it is with them...don't know why still.

P.S. Those of you that don't like them, did you play during BC? Dailies were a blast back then when getting max flying to go everywhere to do them was NOT easy :P
    Dailies are fine, just don't lock epic gear behind them that are "needed" for progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    all the people who complain about dailies should just leave wow and the game would become instantly better - if u dont like quests & grinds dont play a RP game...
    How about all the retards like you leave who don't understand why dailies in their current form are bad.

I think the TBC - Wotlk dailies were perfect. They only offered cosmetic stuff like tabards and mounts. Sure there was the shoulder enchant, but that's 1 item wich isn't even close to what the current dailies boost you in progression.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-08-04 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    What the problem for me however is, that I'm an achivement whore, rep whore, all inn all GRINDER (The only rep grind I haven't done is 2 factions for Insane and WSG) off pretty much anything, but when daylies are involved inn all rep grinds it gets very annoying. Some off the best grinds I've ever did was Key farms inn Dire Maul North, or Scryer>Aldor conversion. I could choose the speed, not some stupid game system. And let me tell you; I grinded DM North for like 2-3 weeks straight. I lived inn that damn place on the weekends, but when it was over I was very happy.
    Got Insane achievement before it was nerfed to the ground.
    It was quite an enjoyable experience actually.

What's the difference? You was not forced to do that, and there was a decent reward in the end that was worth it. And there was THE END of the grinding.
    Dailies are infinite, it's endless pointless grind without anything in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    The more and more time goes on I keep seeing people complain and say how it's unfair you have to do dailies. It's like y'all are scared to leave a capital city almost.
    Personally, I like them because it gives me something to do besides AFK in a capital city and hope I don't miss the que popping up. But this also brings up the topic of the bulging bags of charms. Everyone is saying its a way to make money because Blizzard put dailies into the game to force you to do to them to get anywhere..? I never did any almost on my pally and he's got full ToT LFR gear with some normal ToT pieces now. Never did use the bonus rolls...because they are BONUS rolls. Not something that you're forced to do. If you wan't something to help gear you easier, why complain about it?

But all in all, it takes me maybe 2 hours to do all the dailies on my warrior at the most and I end up with over 1,000g, several spirits of harmony normally, lots of enchanting mats, and something do while waiting for LFR or BG's to pop up. So why are people so anti dailies in your opinion? Some people are honestly acting like they are hitler and dailies are the jews during the holocaust on how big of a deal it is with them...don't know why still.

P.S. Those of you that don't like them, did you play during BC? Dailies were a blast back then when getting max flying to go everywhere to do them was NOT easy :P

simply put I log on to kill raid bosses. that is what I enjoy, not being forced to do six hours of something I have no interest in.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    WoW was perfectly fine before MoP introduced lesser charms and reputation locked valor gear. Of course, you probably weren't playing back then.

People who are anti-daily are incapable of managing their WoW life in general, and blame Blizzard for giving them choices that overwhelm them.

Because of all this daily hate for me patch 5.3 felt like there was nothing to do - the gear from barrens is completely obsolete if you do as much as ToT LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Because of all this daily hate for me patch 5.3 felt like there was nothing to do - the gear from barrens is completely obsolete if you do as much as ToT LFR
    how bout it, a brand new feature with catch up gear that your alts are either not geared enough to do, or already overgear because the items are below raid finder and reputation ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    If all you do is LFR and you have "nothing to do", that's your fault. Take on other challenges or find something else to fill your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    People who are anti-daily are incapable of managing their WoW life in general, and blame Blizzard for giving them choices that overwhelm them.
    Or people don't like that they can't farm that rep once a week and get the max. amount of rep possible. 'Cause you know, they might have to manage their own life.

If all you do is LFR and you have "nothing to do", that's your fault. Take on other challenges or find something else to fill your time.
    I actually raid heroic modes, but I used LFR as example because even that offers better rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Or people don't like that they can't farm that rep once a week and get the max. amount of rep possible. 'Cause you know, they might have to manage their own life.
    Oh really? What rep do you still need from dailies and why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Because doing the same boring thing over and over every day that you do for the reward it gives instead of because it's fun is called having a job.
    Exactly my thoughts it stops being a game and becomes a second job, it was a very bad idea to tie progression to daily/reputations.

Oh really? What rep do you still need from dailies and why?
    dailies are not really needed for any current rep as you can just go out and easily solo warbringers for bind to account rep ups and pass them to the alt of your choice.