Thread: Ji-kun trash

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Ultimately though, skipping trash that isn't meant to be skipped is a bad thing. And pointless too, since the trash takes like 10 mins to clear, if that.
    Depends how much avoidable trash your raid likes to pull. I'm pretty sure we always get at least 3 of the worms and pretty much all of the spiders, on top of all of the Gastropods and Bowflys at the same time. It's usually one of the ranged who gets Gary following them and runs it through the melee and at the same time somehow agros more. Apparently people still don't understand what webs on the floor or the yellow glowy things are! D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    but in many cases they are just downright frustrating (Dark Animus trash springs to mind. Absolutely terrible trash; you're almost guaranteed a wipe on that). .
    If you do the correct tactic, you should never wipe.
    Think it took us 5 weeks to even realize there was a tactic lol, we always used hero + 8 man interupt rotation before we found out. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Edit; If they've removed this, i'm going to be fucking pissed off. Not because of the skipping of the trash itself, but because this is one of the stupidest things to fix. I bet the time it took to put a wall in, and texture it, and to test if you couldn't jump it, took longer then it would to fix that damn Pre-Tortos Cinematic you can't skip.
    I sat for Ji-Kun this week, so I didn't actually see the "wall" close up, but judging by the screenshot above, it's just an invisible wall with a little mist effect (unless the mist is the actual waterfall, I can't recall). Something like that wouldn't take time to implement, nor even test, really. The cinematic thing is annoying but it's a loss of 30 seconds of your time, tops. Trash, as much as we all hate it, is put into the game for a reason, and this trash skip as others mentioned was actually negatively impacting LFR. People losing a blip of time on a cinematic really is low priority.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

It got fixed over a week ago on US why is this being posted now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Yeah yeah, fixing bugs in their software is bloody stupid thing to do.. what?
    Skipping the Ji-Kun Trash is nothing on the scale of a bug compared to the Tortos Cinematic. Skipping the trash is an optional choice, that means you risk missing out on Epic Drops, and in most cases you can skip 90% of it anyway, it just saves you time.

The Tortos Cinematic is mandatory, annoying and buggy as sometimes you're down the hole created, sometimes you're still on the bridge and a few times I've been teleported back to the start of the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    (Dark Animus trash springs to mind. Absolutely terrible trash; you're almost guaranteed a wipe on that).

...Assign interrupts to the 3 with non-glowing hands (these cast http://www.wowdb.com/spells/137995-s...tual-lightning ), have the ranged spread out in a loose circle within 30 yards of the trash (keeps http://www.wowdb.com/spells/137998-shadow-nova from doing any significant amount of damage), and ignore the http://www.wowdb.com/spells/137994-l...tual-lightning , of which no one should be able to be hit by.

If you are having so much trouble, I really recommend you research these things. Trash isn't meant to be a guaranteed wipe, there will always be a tactic to take it down without deaths.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    I really hope it is impossible now. Not because of people exploiting it, but because of the number of people who can't. I've been in too many LFRs lately where the group is split in 2, half on the boss platform, half still down there. You can watch them jump off the edge and just respawn down there again. 20mins later, and the raid is still split in 2 locations ><
    haha yea yesterday both tanks decide to go at platform....But we manage to deal with trash coz healers act like a Man and stay with the group to provide the support

Deleted
    I hope they reduced the amount of trash that you can't mass pull up the tunnels then

This sucks.

Well that's just lame as fuck.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Every week I hope they have implemented the movie skip between council and tortos but it never comes, they did implement the popup but clicking the right option to skip still does nothing. But "fixing" this thing is just lame really. I guess the slugs needed more victims ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Every week I hope they have implemented the movie skip between council and tortos but it never comes, they did implement the popup but clicking the right option to skip still does nothing. But "fixing" this thing is just lame really. I guess the slugs needed more victims ...
    You can skip the movie though by not starting it.

Deleted
    I actually think the trash are quite ok, bar the Council one. The Gastropods are fun, the Horridon trash is annoying after 10 weeks, but it sure is different. Dark Animus trash the same. I don't think you can call the trash boring or tedious imho.

I'm actually quite impressed with how they still come up with new ideas. And the Ji-Kun trash being skipped by half the raid is horribly annoying. I know it can be done yes, but i also know that if you just clear the trash you're done in just over 5 mins, which is about the time that it takes for the raid to manage to skip it in the first place.

in LFR the Megaeara trash is even worse than Ji-kun tbh.

Deleted
    I see both sides of the coin when it comes to trash..

In (whatever patch number Dragon Soul was, (4.3?)), people were complaining that there was next to no trash and that they often cleared DS (Norm and heroic/some on heroic) within 90 minutes. Now that Blizzard have put a bit more trash in the game it seems people spend a fair bit of their time trying to skip it completely.

I actually quite enjoy the trash before Ji-Kun, I'm the RL of a guild currently 6/13hc and we never used the 'trash skip' even though we were aware of it.

It was always amusing to see who would fall victim to the Priests and Resto Druids w/Symbiosis, life gripping in front of the snails

Every week I hope they have implemented the movie skip between council and tortos but it never comes, they did implement the popup but clicking the right option to skip still does nothing.
    This..

I wished they just ban/suspend the exploiters. This is an exploit... This is the same thing as skipping C'thun trash (almost using the same method lol!), and guilds that did that got banned permanently. But, blizzard is bleeding subs and won't do anything harsh anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I wished they just ban/suspend the exploiters. This is an exploit... This is the same thing as skipping C'thun trash (almost using the same method lol!), and guilds that did that got banned permanently. But, blizzard is bleeding subs and won't do anything harsh anymore.
    I'm not familiar with this C'thun trash skip, but I assume you mean this:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2006/11/06/ov...heir-permaban/

I'm not sure how accurate the term "hack" is in this article, but if it was a true "hack", that is far, far different than what was going on in ToT for Ji-kun. It was perfectly doable by anyone in the game using nothing but the standard game client and pressing logout at the right time. Not only that, but, tops, they had to ban 40-50 people in the c'thun scenario. Potentially thousands of people did the Ji-kun skip, and it is highly likely that they have no reliable way to pick out the people that did it.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Picture shows nothing.

If you're talking about the Trash Skip, I spoke with a Game Master a few weeks ago, and he confirmed it wasn't an exploit, and was perfectly fine to use, although they obviously didn't intend for it to be used. I only mention this, as there seems to be a lot of hate towards those that use it, and I get a lot of threats of being banned because of it.

Edit; If they've removed this, i'm going to be fucking pissed off. Not because of the skipping of the trash itself, but because this is one of the stupidest things to fix. I bet the time it took to put a wall in, and texture it, and to test if you couldn't jump it, took longer then it would to fix that damn Pre-Tortos Cinematic you can't skip.

Stupid priorities like this, is what pisses me off with Blizzard.
    Your priorities don't match everyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    I'm not familiar with this C'thun trash skip, but I assume you mean this:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2006/11/06/ov...heir-permaban/

I'm not sure how accurate the term "hack" is in this article, but if it was a true "hack", that is far, far different than what was going on in ToT for Ji-kun. It was perfectly doable by anyone in the game using nothing but the standard game client and pressing logout at the right time. Not only that, but, tops, they had to ban 40-50 people in the c'thun scenario. Potentially thousands of people did the Ji-kun skip, and it is highly likely that they have no reliable way to pick out the people that did it.
    You could jump over a wall with a /camp macro. My friend found out about the macro back then and my guild used it to skip the trash,buy weapons, and kill C'thun. Just glad I wasn't online the week that they did that or I would have been banned too. I am not talking about overrated. But, I was about to transfer to overrated the week they did it since I had several friends in the guild. Dodged two bullets I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty funny to put in the wall right before 5.4. It would have made sense to fix early, but now? for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    Pretty funny to put in the wall right before 5.4. It would have made sense to fix early, but now? for what?
    They've attempted to fix it every time we've found a way around it. It's been "fixed" multiple times throughout the tier.