Heroic Lockout question

So I got kicked from a heroic Firelands after three bosses. Am I able to start another group and finish the last four? Heroic Lockouts always confuse me

It works if other raid members haven't killed any hc bosses.

Awesome thanks for the fast reply

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    So I got kicked from a heroic Firelands after three bosses. Am I able to start another group and finish the last four? Heroic Lockouts always confuse me
    If the rest of the raid killed the last four bosses, no..
    If the raid disbanded after you was kicked, then yes... Assuming noone got the same idea, and formed a new raid for the last 4 bosses.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    If the raid disbanded after you was kicked, then yes... Assuming noone got the same idea, and formed a new raid for the last 4 bosses.
    Oh wow, really? The locks are that extensive :O, that your lock gets the amount bosses killed, even if you were not along?

As i understand them, you yourself cant join a raid that has killed any HC bosses.
    That also means that new people you gather for your group cant have any HC kills that week.

If the group you where in cleared the rest of the place on HC should not matter at all.
    If you are not there, you do not get locked.

As people have mentioned:

Ill use this as a example. Player A and Player B
    Player A has killed shannox Beth and Ryth
    Player B has killed no bosses what so ever.

You can invite player b to your group but player b cant invite you to his group since you have already killed said bosses
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I don't think this is the case anymore. But it's been a while since I've done anything like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Locks are not that hard to understand.

There are two different kind of locks.
    Normal locks - You get locked to a boss.
    Heroic locks - You get locked to an instance.

So when you killed the first boss in heroic firelands, you got saved to the instance.
    That instance got an lockid and all the people who are in there got that same instance-lockid.
    If you leave and they continue, you're still saved to the same instance.
    If they kill bosses, they are killed in your instance too.
    This also means you cannot join an other heroic group in firelands, because they have a different instance-lockid.
    You can however join a normal run to clear the rest, as normal runs don't have instance-lockid's.

Normal locks work different. Like i said before, you don't get an instance-lock but a boss-lock.
    If you kill bosses on normal you cannot kill them again that week.

Hope this helps you to understand lockouts

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Locks are not that hard to understand.

There are two different kind of locks.
    Normal locks - You get locked to a boss.
    Heroic locks - You get locked to an instance.

So when you killed the first boss in heroic firelands, you got saved to the instance.
    That instance got an lockid and all the people who are in there got that same instance-lockid.
    If you leave and they continue, you're still saved to the same instance.
    If they kill bosses, they are killed in your instance too.
    This also means you cannot join an other heroic group in firelands, because they have a different instance-lockid.
    You can however join a normal run to clear the rest, as normal runs don't have instance-lockid's.

Normal locks work different. Like i said before, you don't get an instance-lock but a boss-lock.
    If you kill bosses on normal you cannot kill them again that week.

Hope this helps you to understand lockouts
    Does that mean that you can't make your own group with new people to kill the remaining HC bosses, if your original group killed them the day before?
    (Essentially getting locked on bosses you are not in the instance at the time of death?)

I only ask because i am clueless on this

Edit: When i think more about it, the answer is right infront of me.
    Last edited by Lysakers; 2013-08-08 at 07:55 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysakers View Post
    Does that mean that you can't make your own group with new people to kill the remaining HC bosses, if your original group killed them the day before?
    (Essentially getting locked on bosses you are not in the instance at the time of death?)

I only ask because i am clueless on this
    Yes, that's exactly what it means. If anyone in your original group kill the remaining bosses on HC, then everyone from the group gets locked to the amount of bosses that one person killed off.
    Armory
    Haste only feels good to classes that truly benefit from it though. Can it be +Amp instead? Anything else really.
    "Classes that truly benefit from Haste" means... Everyone except Warriors. (And we're going to fix that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Allacess View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what it means. If anyone in your original group kill the remaining bosses on HC, then everyone from the group gets locked to the amount of bosses that one person killed off.
    Yeah when i first started really thinking about it, it all made perfect sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Oh wow, really? The locks are that extensive :O, that your lock gets the amount bosses killed, even if you were not along?
    On HC, you are saved to the instavce.. On normal, you are saved to bosses..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allacess View Post
    Always good too see some Valkyrie friends on here. ./wave