Is HowLongToBeat.com Accurate?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if HowLongToBeat.com is Accurate.

For those who don't know, this site shows how long it takes to beat a game in Main Story, Main Story and extra content, and how long to finish the game 100% (Completionist).

Deleted
    I use it from time to time and from what I've gathered, it's pretty accurate. Of course, a game's length can be pretty subjective, especially in the Main+Extra and Completionist areas but the website is pretty accurate despite that.

So far, I've found it to be pretty accurate. I tend to always find a way to stretch more hours out of most games, but for the most part, it's been pretty on the mark. It's a pretty good source to use.

That's good to know, thanks.

As long as you're not looking for something thats down to the minute accurate, it's ball park accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    The completionist area seems to be quite off on some games i played rather recently on harder difficulties but i guess it depends on the player and how efficient their playstyle is. As far as only going for the main story it seems more accurate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Checked bioshock infinite, doesn't seem that accurate. I did the main story and explored all routes etc and my play time was between 7-8 hours. I wasn't rushing or anything either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Checked bioshock infinite, doesn't seem that accurate. I did the main story and explored all routes etc and my play time was between 7-8 hours. I wasn't rushing or anything either.
    There might be people playing on higher difficulties taking extra time from dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems accurate, i've only found this site recently, and it was very close to my playtime for both Sleeping Dogs and DLC Quest.

I've learned that the color of the hours box in the search list indicates how "stable" the length is. Orange and towards red means less contributions, while light green towards dark green has a lot of contributions and thus is a better approximation.

Speaking of this site, I just have to make a shameless plug here. I've created my own database/backlog/checklist site for video games called GameDeed.com and I invite you to check it out. (I can't link to it directly as the forum won't allow it - I'm not the type that posts a lot - but the name is also the web address.)

It's been pretty accurate from my experience, but I haven't used it much.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    it might also depends on the difficulty you choose.
    I almost always play my game at the highest difficulty settings out of the box. Exception are usually economic/managing games.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's all self-reported, so if it isn't accurate it's because people reporting their times are being less accurate, or are a time outlier (extremely fast or slow) - and the sample size is still too small to balance them out.

From what I can tell it's accurate.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter