Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeus View Post
    "Why did you shoot her?"

"Well she kept saying shoot me shoot me come one, I got shot her."

"Okay good enough for me, off you go!"
    Pretty much. That line of reasoning can't even be used as defense in a euthanasia case!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Hebephilia. Pedophilia is the term that's usually thrown around incorrectly as a blanket term when it only deals with attraction to those pre puberty. Ephebophilia is the attraction to those in later puberty from 15 to 19.
    Thanks i get Hebephilia and epephilia mixed up...Also i like to call Pedophile the kleenex of lower end chronophilias.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of trauam comes from it ever havin happened.

Do you have research? As in VERY specific criteria such as NO telling the younger individual it was wrong minus abuse from either party in the relationship itself AND not being torn apart?

Because from what i know in the modern world the criteria to TRULY test my hypothesis are almost impossible to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Pretty much. That line of reasoning can't even be used as defense in a euthanasia case!
    Wow I totally forgot about consent in regards to Euthanasia for a bit there lol, thanks for reminding me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    If the relationship is genuinely worth pursuing, why isn't it worth the wait for it to become legal? And is their relationship somehow invalidated if they cannot engage in sex for a short period of time?
    There's no logical reason they can't wait and of course it doesn't invalidate the relationship. It doesn't change the fact that two people in love are not allowed to express that love the way they want without fear of being jailed/fined/labelled a sex offender for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    You can't just ignore the law because you don't agree with it. Make a case for changing it if you feel it's improper, don't just disregard the principles that the laws are founded on.
    Yep. Doesn't matter if she consented or not - she's below the age of consent, and thus has no legal right to consent to sexual intercourse.

So even if we assume she was the 'aggressor' (which is highly doubtful) and he's the 'victim', he's still guilty of satitury rape - which warrants a larger sentence all by itself.

Ignorance is no defense, never has been. And a man his age really should leave girls more then half his age well alone, regardless of any circumstances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Wow I totally forgot about consent in regards to Euthanasia for a bit there lol, thanks for reminding me :P
    Its one situation where I think killing another human being is justified, though it should require a lot of paperwork, monitoring, evaluating and control to stop people using it as a defense in murder cases.

But that's another subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Problem is in order to have a proper study I imagine you would have to do some very unethical things and as much as I would love to see an answer I don't really think it's worth the outcome to the participants.
    I propose finding couples with age differences interviewing them over several years looking out for abuse and violence while not reporting it to a government and chart changes if they get found out/reported focusing on the younger individual primarily.

Even then the test results could be shifted just by doing it. But overall safety precautions could be in place the sad thing is research like this is illegal due to breaking local laws to do it. BUT places with lower ages of consent are VERY good places to start looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I do actually know of girls that young that are indeed "sexual predators", teenage pregnancies are at an all time high.
    ^This.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I propose finding couples with age differences interviewing them over several years looking out for abuse and violence while not reporting it to a government and chart changes if they get found out/reported focusing on the younger individual primarily.
    That person would still be complicit in a crime.

There's no logical reason they can't wait and of course it doesn't invalidate the relationship. It doesn't change the fact that two people in love are not allowed to express that love the way they want without fear of being jailed/fined/labelled a sex offender for it.
    It does cause problems when there are couples who only have a small age difference between them (say, 15 and 16). Such cases should be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

But larger age groups? You wait patiently, no matter how creepy it might be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which could be a problem with the law, could it not?

I'm sure there's only one way to look at legality. But I'm not so sure that there's only one way of looking at the morality of the law itself

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    I had a friend who had sex with a minor.

She admitted in court to having a fake ID showing she was 18 and told everyone she was 18.

He still got Probation and labeled as a sex offender......
    how old was she really

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    So, still, we arrive at: Age of consent is arbitrary.
    Plus different brains develop differently...As well as chemicals whether medicinal or otherwise affecting it...

So, still, we arrive at: Age of consent is arbitrary.
    But it shows, that a thirteen year old girl can not give reasonable consent. The man however was 41, which means, his brain was fully functional, being able to make the right decissions. But he chose not to. Instead he decided to have a sexual relationship with that girl, just like he decided to have pictures of sexually abused children on his computer. He is the one to blame. And nobody else. The judge and the prosecutor have proven, that both are incapable of doing their job right.

Victim blaming is nothing else but disgusting. Knowing, there are judges and prosecutors, who do this is terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    I had a friend who had sex with a minor.

She admitted in court to having a fake ID showing she was 18 and told everyone she was 18.

He still got Probation and labeled as a sex offender......
    Happens more often then people realize i suspect....

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    ^This.....
    There's a lot of underage smokers and drinkers too. Its still a crime to sell certain products to underage people, no matter how old they seem.

As tacky as it seems, I think it would be sensible to ask someone for ID before getting down and dirty with them. Only way to really be sure.

Now if that person used a fake ID to trick someone, then they might have a defense. Otherwise, there is none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    If the relationship is genuinely worth pursuing, why isn't it worth the wait for it to become legal? And is their relationship somehow invalidated if they cannot engage in sex for a short period of time?
    Heh some people can't wait and beyond that it would STILL be called wrong even IF there was no sex..I think you underestimate how emotionally charged this issue is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post

But it shows, that a thirteen year old girl can not give reasonable consend. The man however was 41, which means, his brain was fully functional, being able to make the right decissions. But he chose not to. Instead he decided to have a sexual relationship with that girl, just like he decided to have pictures of sexually abused children on his computer. He is the one to blame. And nobody else. The judge and the prosecutor have proven, that both are incapable of doing their job right.

Victim blaming is nothing else but disgusting. Knowing, there are judges and prosecutors, who do this is terrible.
    If you want to wait for the frontal lobes, you'll be waiting until 20+. Which no one thinks is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Yes. I can't stand it myself. Victim blaming is one of the lowest bullying tactics out there, and its disgusting that grown adults take part in it with alarming regularity.

how old was she really
    She could've been 12, and that wouldn't change the fact that the guy getting charged was bs.

For a brief. brief. amount of time, they legally cannot engage in sex.

These laws are in place to protect people, to protect children. It's virtually impossible to find the perfect day at which every citizen can express their consensual love for their partner while at the same time protecting others from exploitation and abuse.

As I said before, if the relationship is genuinely worth pursuing, then it should be worth the short wait. If it cannot withstand a brief dry spell, then it surely wouldn't have stood the test of time to begin with, so why risk jail for something already so fleeting and fragile?

Respect the law of your land, because in this instance, what is and truly is a minor, temporary inconvenience to you is there to protect someone else.