Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Blame the healer

I've noticed a recurring theme in the time I've been playing is to blame the healer.

I've been playing since 2007 and recently decided to level a healer.
    Now having first hand experience I can say I know how utterly frustrating it is to be given the blame often for something out of your control.

I've gotten to level 50 on my shaman without heirlooms and one thing that really bothers me is a lot of players tendency to blame the healer, I know it's the same at max level as of course I've played a lot of max level (7 level 90 characters).

We just had a dungeon where the tank in full heirlooms body pulled (zero threat) everything in BRD, he's dying so I put a heal on him and about 4 packs start casting at me, killing me in 2 seconds.
    This happens about 5 times in the dungeon, tanks getting pissed off saying I suck, learn to heal etc, and when I explain he just won't see reason, responding with "deal with it" "healer problem" and of course including the childish expletives.
    One of many experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    L2Fade; reroll priest.

Contribute constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-08-09 at 01:17 PM.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

This is one of just a multitude of things that turned me away from this game. Use to if something went wrong, either the tank would apologize, or someone would at least ask "What happened?" Now the trend is to just immediately blame the healer...sad times.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    /bender mode

i always blame the healer. it's easier than searching for the real reason.

I can't speak to your experiences, but we've all had our share of blame the healer, blame the tank, or blame the idiot dps. Just depends on the weather what kind of jerks you get. Unless you really are the problem. Sometimes that happens too.

Never seen this happen in my entire life, unless the healer was just afk, and I have 5 max level healers.

Well, besides stuff like minor complaints from someone who died, and then stopped complaining once they either got an apology (if the complaint was valid), or it was pointed out that it was their own mistake.

Sure don't see it anymore than I see anyone else blamed for anything.

People are too fucking quick to label themselves as victims for being members of some group. Oh, being a tank is soooo haaard; woe be me! Being a healer is soooo haaard; woe be me!

The DPS are the only ones who don't complain how hard it is to be "a dps"; they at least treserve their complaints for stuff like other classes being better than they are, or how it feels wrong to be outdamaged by tanks and healers, or how there are too many other dps. I guess when you're not in the luxurious position of being a desired commodity, you can't go around acting all diva about every minor slight you experience.

Anyway, if 'blaming the healer' is a "recurring theme" that you see, OP, when you play the healer, then maybe - just maybe - the thing might be that - maybe - you are to blame. I extend this possibility to all the other healers complaining about seeing this "recurring theme" as well.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Always happens when im doing random hcs and some guy is standing in some shit, eating like 100k ticks every second, and when he die because I can't keep up, they always blame me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
    I've noticed a recurring theme in the time I've been playing is to blame the healer.
    my main is a healer and i also heal on a few other of my toons and i have only had one group,back in wrath, in toc, where 2 of the dps, was from the same guild, one died to his own stupidity and i got the blame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mklovin View Post
    This is one of just a multitude of things that turned me away from this game. Use to if something went wrong, either the tank would apologize, or someone would at least ask "What happened?" Now the trend is to just immediately blame the healer...sad times.
    When was this? I've heard people blaming any role that isn't them since...2005? Ish?

Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    my main is a healer and i also heal on a few other of my toons and i have only had one group,back in wrath, in toc, where 2 of the dps, was from the same guild, one died to his own stupidity and i got the blame.
    I let people die all the time and rarely if ever get blamed for it. I usually start out by keeping them at low health while they are standing in stuff so they at least might think "WTH why am I dieing? What is damaging me?" And if they continue I just stop healing. While they are dead and notice how no one else is having health problems they can see it was their fault.

I have been blamed for being slow which happens sometimes if Im distracted or have to drink a lot but rarely get blamed for wipes even if they are my fault.

I noticed healers usually dont get blamed in LFR either probably because there are so many ways for tanks and dps to mess up. The only thing I see is "heals were too low because those 3 healers were in dps spec."

I have a 90RDruid, 90 Disc Priest, and 85 RShaman, never had that problem before. To be honest, you don't even need a tank in anything aside from raids. Leveling to 90 on my Priest a few weeks ago I could basically tank 5mans myself and heal through the damage, or heal the DPS without a problem. I mean, if you wipe in a 5man it kind of is a healers fault. I know on my Disc Priest I was doing more DPS than any of the DPS and keeping everyone alive no problem, my RDruid is basically unkillable unless I go AFK in a 5man, I mean, I'm really not too sure what else to say. I'd probably blame the healer for wiping as well, it's not particularly hard to keep 5man groups up.

Obviously in raids that's different, but in 5mans, it kind of is the healers fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by proplayerofdoom View Post
    Always happens when im doing random hcs and some guy is standing in some shit, eating like 100k ticks every second, and when he die because I can't keep up, they always blame me.
    100k per second in MoP heroics? Outside of a couple of 1-shot mechanics (thinking Armsmaster Harlan and Rattlegore maybe) nothing really does any damage in MoP heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled a priest from 1-90 and have never once had somebody criticize/blame me for anything. Mind, this was without any heirloom gear.

I'm not saying this is your fault either, I'm just saying that because this happens to you, doesn't mean people always tend to blame the healer. In fact, what I've noticed is people blame the tank and DPS way more often than healer.

But really, if someone doesn't like how you heal them, the nicest thing to do is to not heal them.

Deleted
    Also you should learn to identify whether deaths are your fault or someone else's fault. That way it's either:
    a) Your fault. Whoops! Apologise to the group, learn from your mistake and move on.
    b) Someone else's fault. Get ready to laugh at someone getting mad at you, we all know people raging on the internet is funny.

As long as you keep calm and don't let people get to you it's a win-win situation. Good luck healing OP!

This is one of the reason why I raid with my friends only now.

Best thing you can do is to politely point out why he died and how whining at you doesn't solve anything; tanks will continue to die as long as they acknowledge that their healers are not all-powerful angels and the he must do his job right otherwise nothing's solved.

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    L2Fade; reroll priest.
    Or cast Wind Shear. Strangely enough it is a threat dump as well as an interrupt. That having been said, I feel your pain.

I was healing on my 71 monk in that first spider dungeon and we had a hunter and 3 DKs, all in dps spec. The 'tank' pulled all three groups before the first boss and my first heal attracted two. I got cocooned and attacted and the 'tank' died in two hits. We wipe. One of the other DKs asked to kick the tank, but lo and behold... The third DK blamed me for not healing! There is nothing you can do against that. Some people are just too stupid to see the blatent truth.

We did kick the tank and finished the dungeon with the four of us, with the smart DK tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    blame the healers has been a thing ever since vanilla. its human nature to blame others and not yourself.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I get blamed for deaths is when I purposely don't heal someone. That can either be because they're standing in stuff (Which I tell them once or twice before stopping to heal, depends on my mood) or because they're massive dicks, in which case I just laugh at their rage. The rest of the time people are (funnily enough) mature enough to say it was their own damn fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I always blame Canada.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.