Question Arenas and 5.4 - Holy or Ret? and Why?

As title says, I just hit 90 and I am planning to go as paladin for 5.4. I know how to play both specs well.
    Looking at patch notes and actual specs performances, what would you pick and why?

But.. I am a rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy is still dependent on cast time spells, but the devo aura glyph helps that out considerably. SH also got a good boost, as well as divine plea not causing self-ms now, too.

Ret got some good QoL improvements with Inquisition and GoAK. Need to glyph Burdern of guilt now, but that frees up that talent tier for 30s stun, repentance, or fear, which is a buff, I believe. ES won't be as useless for putting single-target pressure since dispelling it will cause damage.

Both will be fine in 5.4...really depends on how good you are at either spec. Which one do you find more fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayocell View Post
    Holy is still dependent on cast time spells, but the devo aura glyph helps that out considerably. SH also got a good boost, as well as divine plea not causing self-ms now, too.

Ret got some good QoL improvements with Inquisition and GoAK. Need to glyph Burdern of guilt now, but that frees up that talent tier for 30s stun, repentance, or fear, which is a buff, I believe. ES won't be as useless for putting single-target pressure since dispelling it will cause damage.

Both will be fine in 5.4...really depends on how good you are at either spec. Which one do you find more fun?

Def ret, i can do dailies and old content as ret alot better

But.. I am a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    What the hell does that have to do with arenas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What the hell does that have to do with arenas?
    HAHAHA... Nothing really... It is just a PLUS...

But.. I am a rogue.

Did you start a thread to ask which spec and then answer yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by oblongship View Post
    Did you start a thread to ask which spec and then answer yourself?
    He was asked which spec he found more fun and answered but not in regards to PvP. Play what you want, the only thing is that PvP Ret is much harder than PvE Ret. And obviously whichever you pick will influence what comp you play.

Real paladins level as holy!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Bad paladins level as holy!
    Fixed!

I'm pretty interested in this too, will Holy still be the worst healer around, and is Ret going to be good for 2v2 and 3v3 (the rated PvP I primarily do)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    He was asked which spec he found more fun and answered but not in regards to PvP. Play what you want, the only thing is that PvP Ret is much harder than PvE Ret. And obviously whichever you pick will influence what comp you play.
    Pretty much the only answer we can give you. Since you have experience playing both, only you can decide. There's not much discussion to be had here, so closing.