Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not a fan of Fury in MoP, at all.

I really hope they revamp the spec completely in X5, hopefully changing Colossus Smash as well.

I've played nearly every DPS spec in the game in MoP to a level of at least basic understanding, with the exception of the Shaman & Druid, and I can confidently say that Fury is definitely one of the most frustrating specs to play at the moment, especially without top level gear.

Procs should be a bonus, not a crux.
    ^ YES

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Arms will not get anywhere without massive buffs. Cleave fights or otherwise, its scaling is quite simply: shit.
    RPPM changes may or may not change much for us. It will lower other classes, but I highly expect them to see damage buffs to compensate. Likewise, I could be wrong but I believe that the top two Warrior trinkets next tier are ICD, not RPPM anyways, so the difference for us is moot anyways.
    Lastly, I don't know what kool-aid your drinking from if you think we are getting a "good defensive overhaul". The Stance change is a joke, there's absolutely no point to it. The only benefit will be if you screw up and hit the wrong stance maybe; and the difference between 3 seconds and 1.5 on your dps is almost insignificant. Unless they expect us to constantly cycle stances, I honestly don't know why they added it. Infact the whole reason for making it 3sec in the first place was so that people couldn't constantly dance and had to "think" about which Stance to use (which worked out real well ).
    The Shield Wall change is a slight DPS increase, but more than that it was just a sorely needed quality of life change. Its only a defensive buff in so much that people will actually use it now, because it won't cause them to lose DPS.
    Call those defensive buffs if you want, but we really didn't see any Defensive buffs that put us near on par with other classes.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the class, just really wish that we would get some worthwhile changes. Most of our talents are complete garbage, damage is at best mediocre and our rotations are full of design flaws (for both specs). GC tweets did indicate we would be seeing some DPS tuning love. I just hope it makes a difference.
    This whole expansion has been woefully short on Warrior love.
    I feel they should either be 100% committed to removing Warrior stances or backtrack and make them a huge part of being a Warrior again. This in-between crap doesn't work. Make up your mind.

It used to be a unique playstyle, now it seems as if stances are just there for the sake of being there.

This whole expansion has been woefully short on Warrior love.
    I realize that the tone of your post was PVE oriented, and I somewhat agree there, but part of the problem with warriors is that arms was insanely OP in PVP for a significant portion of the expansion, and you are now paying for that. Blizzard doesn't like plate classes to perform very well in PVP, and if one of your specs is doing better than they want you might as well just brace for the PVE nerfs as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I left wearing robes and throwing fireballs around when fire lands came out... the beard has grown in and I cannot shave it off even if I wanted to!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 545 on my Fury warrior. I have put in to much time and effort into perfecting every bit of my play and doing hours of testing to give up. When you have other players that are really solid raider playing classes like mages/locks/rogues with equal gear, yeah it is really difficult to be competitive. The only thing I can do is compare my WoL ranks to theirs to see who actually plays better. Regardless though, I hope that with the changed to RPPM trinkets and our "hopeful" scaling with more crit at this end of this expansion will help us bridge the gap in dps. Here's to hoping. *cheers

To the TS, I've a 548 Fury warrior which I raid on, a 530 hunter and a 510 warlock. At ilevel below 51+, Fury feels broken. There's just not enough crit. Between 520-530, you'd find that Fury makes it to the top half of the DPS pack.

Towards BIS level, FURY again feels broken. For those who have grinded H Leishen at an ilv close to BIS, you'd know what I mean- Having to scroll down your Skada to see your DPS in P1. Yes we catch up in P2/P3 but P1 just shows how sub-par our single-target DPS is compared to other specs when close to BIS. There is a big scaling issue with our spec.

These days the only fights I get placed Top 5 on are Mageara and Twins where Bladestorm comes as my saving grace. Not counting Horridon and Jikun where I am allowed to scumbag and tunnel boss. The thing that pisses me off is that on add fights like Twins and Mageara, Demo warlocks and sometimes Feral can still out DPS me on adds.

It was ~ 546 ilevel that I decided that Fury was just not worth the effort. The scaling is just terrible. Once we are able to find a fury replacement for me, I am switching to my 510 warlock.
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-08-13 at 03:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I stopped playing my Warrior (at least playing him as my main) about a month after I hit 90. I found Fury to just be so incredibly boring and under performing without gear and I didn't want to force myself to play a boring class for a couple weeks just so it could be fun. So I played my Holy Pala.
    When 5.2 came out I decided I would get him geared because I wanted to give him a chance. So I got him somewhat geared. I've found him okay to play with and fun at this point, but I've been unlucky in getting epic weapons and I'm currently not a in raiding guild so my DPS has suffered.

I've found myself enjoying my Paladin more atm. I still think my Warrior's fun, but without decent weapons his DPS has been really mediocre which doesn't exactly inspire me to have him as my main again. I also hear we don't exactly do staggering damage when we're geared anyway which further pushes me away from my Warrior.

So I still play him. He's just not my main at this moment in time.

Depending on the next few weeks I can see myself move from my 551 warrior to my wl or mage alt just for the last tier. It's not really for the damage it's more for being not exactly fond of the mechanics and encounter design.

Deleted
    Nah man, class loyalty and all that shizzle. 8 years and counting. Been a bumby road playing a warrior but i still enjoy it.

My warrior has been my main since I started playing at release. I've taken a few breaks but I think total time I had a wow subscription is probably around 4-5 years. I never bothered with alts until the last few months that I've come back to play during MoP. My warrior never feels powerful the way it used to when I played in Vanilla and WoLK.

And even if we were having some balance issues, I was always either happy tanking or happy dps'ing. But now I feel completely out-gunned in both departments. My warrior is 542 fury spec and 535ish tank spec - and yet my 1-week-at-90 Brewmaster Monk with 495 ilvl does the same damage tanking that I do tanking on my warrior with tons of heroic ToT gear (sounds silly to compare tank dps, but its a valid concern to someone who exclusively runs 10-mans). And my monk barely has enough gear to properly perform his rotation yet. At least I used to be able to compare myself to my plate-dps brothers, the Paladins and Death Knights. But I check out what our Pally tank can do in our main raids, and I know my warrior would never approach his level of survivability, solo-tank-ability, or damage.

It's a similar story on the dps side. My hunter is 515 ilvl with mostly ToT Normal gear and easily pulls numbers that required 525-530 ilvl from my warrior. And hunters aren't even top of the heap dps right now.

I will say that once you break 525-530 ilvl on your Fury Warrior, it starts to be a bit more fun in that your rotation becomes manageable (although more infuriating when the Crit RNGods frown upon you). But that's simply from a Quality of Life standpoint. If you're unfortunate enough to be running a damage meter, you will get the wind taken right back out of your sails.

TLDR: Had a Warrior as my main for many years, only recently have I been upset enough to bother leveling alts, and they all feel better than my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    I stopped playing my warrior alt pretty much when the new rage system was implemented.. It felt to far away from the original warrior concept to me.

I tried levelling it and gearing it a bit in some scenarios and what not.

All my warrior does now is gather dust and do farm/blacksmith daily.
    It's better than the old system but still incredibly poor. Needs another rehaul.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Stance dancing was the best I do t know why blizzard removed it the old rage system was the best. The new one is lackluster and boring I been play a war since the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, even if we do great DPS this tier, the encounter designs are just melee unfriendly as a whole. I am normally fairly optimistic, but unless they do something pretty drastic, I do not see raids (25 man especially) taking a lot of melee until later in the tier. For the first time in a long time, I feel the situation is bleak.

God speed, my bearded friends.

Just don't do what I did. I rerolled from warrior at the beginning of Cata to a death knight, as I just liked the mechanics better. Now DKs are in the same place as warriors; poor scaling, poor damage (for frost anyway), lousy mechanics (i.e. completely ignoring Killing Machine procs, etc), weakest 2 tank specs in both survivability and damage, etc. I'd rather quit the game than play some cloth-wearing, effete weakling, Harry Potter though.

Didn't realize my post would be quoted so many times over one night! Not going to get into every detail, because I have a tenancy to write page long posts of rant.
    The major one would be:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    That caught my eye, how is the Fury rotation full of design flaws, wondering what you're seeing there.
    Warriors are flawed in general, but Fury in particular because of the way our damage works. Our out of CSmash damage is so pathetic that its almost not even worth having. Stepping from T14 to T15, with crit gains and rage gains in general, we saw a very real increase in DPS; but at this point with end of T15 gear, we have reached an almost hard cap on inside CSmash damage. Short of weaving 4p Executes, we can't fit anything more inside our CSmash. Hence the first problem, our out of CSmash damage is pathetic. Every class faces this problem to a certain extent, I just see it as being much harsher on us, I could be over analytical.
    As for actual rotational flaws, 3 fold:
    1) CSmash itself; brought it up before, losing a CSmash due to parry/movement/etc cripples our damage.
    2) Our Mastery. Requiring us to stack Crit just to proc our Mastery, which then requires us to stack Mastery is... I don't even know how to say how silly that is.
    3) Our AOE rotation is slow and incredibly clunky. Try AOE'ing anything in ToT without Bladestorm up, its a joke.

Not trying to turn this into a hate fest. I love my Warrior, despite offers in my raid group for main changing, I never would. Just haven't been overly happy with our design this tier, and I don't know many people that have been.

It is a class that leaves a lot to be desired in every aspect of PVP and PVE. Thats all i'll say.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Just don't do what I did. I rerolled from warrior at the beginning of Cata to a death knight, as I just liked the mechanics better. Now DKs are in the same place as warriors; poor scaling, poor damage (for frost anyway), lousy mechanics (i.e. completely ignoring Killing Machine procs, etc), weakest 2 tank specs in both survivability and damage, etc. I'd rather quit the game than play some cloth-wearing, effete weakling, Harry Potter though.
    Blood DK's, while not quite as strong as Prot Paladins, are in a much better place than Warriors for most fights. Also DK's have very good, almost required abilities (Death Grip on Lei Shen, Kiting bats on Tortos is easiest on a Frost DK).
    And I would expect next tier seeing DW Frost make a comeback and seeing a nice boost because of cleave. Will have to wait and see.

1) CSmash itself; brought it up before, losing a CSmash due to parry/movement/etc cripples our damage.
    Just thinking out loud, what if the debuff from CS got applied to the target before the damage component occurs. First off, this would lead to a small damage increase, as the damage from CS would be affected by the CS debuff, and it would also mean that if the damage component of CS gets avoided, the debuff is already applied.

Something along those lines would solve what I according to me is the "clunky" and frustrating part of Fury rotation.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried some other classes but always get back to warrior, it's just my class

Am i wasting my time leveling this class? Warrior, warlock, and hunter are the only classes i have left id like to get to 90. Currently just hit 55 on my warrior yet all i am reading is bad things about it. Should i just jump over to my lock or hunter instead?

Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    Am i wasting my time leveling this class? Warrior, warlock, and hunter are the only classes i have left id like to get to 90. Currently just hit 55 on my warrior yet all i am reading is bad things about it. Should i just jump over to my lock or hunter instead?
    Play a class because you like it, not because it's flavor of the month.
    Yes Warriors are not the end all be all at the moment. I am perhaps one of the worst complainers about the class, you get jaded when your raiding top end and see the pro's and con's in front of your face every day. I personally love the class and enjoy the hell out of it, I just get frustrated by it's limitations.
    Every class has been weak/strong at one point in the game, you just have to roll with the punches.