Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

overcoming challenges that not everyone else can.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Obtain new gear, help my guild mates obtain new gear, and become more powerful. It really hasn't even been fun since cataclysm, but that's where the gear is so yeh, that's what needs to be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    - My guild. Being part of the team. Feeling like a contributing member, as opposed to a lazy casual.
    - DPS competition, and by extension WoL ranks.
    - Gear. See ^ above ^ for why that matters.
    - I have a superiority complex. Clearing heroic raids helps maintain my elitist attitude.

Because it's fun to overcome challenges and work together as a team with your friends in one of the most robust worlds you can be a part of.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first started raiding it was for purely for fun and to advance my character.

These days, it's the slightly competitive element that I enjoy. The fact I get a nice achievement for a Heroic kill and Feats of Strength for killing current content end bosses is a really nice prestige addition to the raid rewards.

Gear is a nice benefit, but only really to aid raiding, there isn't really a need for gear otherwise... aside from a bit of epeen.

I also enjoy seeing the guild that I created keep going, it's personally satisfying to see us sitting at the top of the realm raid rankings on WoW Progress, knowing that I helped create something that has ended up thriving so well... it's quite like running a business - perhaps I should add it to my linkedin profile
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

-Achievements
    -Gear
    -Having fun with people I like
    -An escape from the real world which allows me to forget everything even if just for a few hours.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

I use to raid for typical reasons: get phat look, look like a BAMF, kill the big things, feel like I'm contributing to something.

I lost the motivation since LFR and then I stopped being motivated by gear. I didn't raid to see the next boss since LFR let me see all of it without effort.
    Then I just kept raiding because there wasn't much else to do and I already had developed some friends in the guild.
    Eventually I stopped all together because LFR demotivated me to spend the time for close enough rewards.

I got into PvP for a bit before I quit. I might return to raiding since PVE gear > PVP gear and I might just start WPvP/grief players.

Deleted
    having fun with the guild overcoming challenging fights and slowly gearing up my char so he becomes stronger.

I used to raid cause of the challenge to bring down bosses with precise military like execution of tactics and managing 25 or 40 people coordination to do what they are supposed to. The rush of achieving a victory over something that requires more than one person and of course to see the entire story the game and lore had to offer.

Now i do it just for the lore and story and to complete the game 100% and collecting tier sets. Purely just for my collection of them or for transmogrification, to maybe someday get back to just pure roleplaying and using xmog there, as i did when i started, when the looks of the gear meant more than the stats.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2013-08-13 at 01:40 PM.

Chicks dig the epic lewtz

To see the raid content. Getting gear is needed to meet the requirements for seeing the content.

This is going to cause a problem in T16, since after I do LFR once, I'm done.

(Not planning to do the world boss that needs the legendary cloak.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

During progression? The adrenaline rush, and high level of play needed since literally all of the raid is learning the boss and trying to kill it in a timely manner. WOL/Wowprogress ranks are always nice, too, they show you what you need to do to be better as a guild or player.

During farm? Parses and getting some TF loot. Fooling around and laughing until it hurts included.
    Last edited by Adsertif; 2013-08-13 at 06:31 PM.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

The first time I ever raided, I was asked to come in for Garr in Molten Core by some random guild just because I was a warlock. After we killed him, the rush and the enjoyment I got out of it was too great to pass up. Ever since then, I've enjoyed raiding like crazy and probably won't quit until WoW decides to hang it up.