Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"You can keep your valor for 5.4" "but we're not adding valor gear so tough luck"

Well, when I need to upgrade 8 items on the first week of SoO I'll remember to thank you blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a bad move to not turn valor into justice. Its taking 3 weeks of progression out. People may unsub faster.

You'll get potentially 8 upgrades on the first week of Siege of Orgrimmar. What's the problem, here?

Realistically, if you're a 10 man raider, you'll be lucky to get 1, maybe 2 piece of gear on the first week. You won't be upgrading 8 things. Even if you're a 25 man raider with loot competition, you'll be lucky to get the same amount. The sky isn't falling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you upgrade two...and get 1000 more valor...

Deleted
    Meh, not bothered - we're reaching the end of the expansion and, as such more alts are cropping up and getting ready for the next expansion. Forcing alts (who possibly haven't even seen ToT LFR yet) to lose their valor is a bit of a pain... Justice points do nothing so it's not a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only a problem for the first week or two until you've gotten a few pieces.

If you upgrade an average of more than 2 items a week (even a fraction more than 2, if you only occasionally get 3 or more) you will run a deficit of valor. Being able to stockpile beforehand increases the number of weeks before you actually run out of valor entirely.

edit: Also, it puts less pressure on you to cap valor every week once 5.4 hits. You can afford to miss a few hundred valor and, if you end up not getting many upgrades during any of the next few weeks, still maintain a decent stockpile of valor.
    Last edited by Scorned; 2013-08-13 at 04:40 AM.

Valor gear is used to help alts and non-hardcore raiders, it was something to look forward to every 2nd week if you're not able to run all the content because people don't invite you with less than 515 item level (lollfr502).

For SoO flex people will probably ask like 530+ so you either wait 3 months in LFR to get a full set or you could've done it in 1.5 or so with the help of the 6000 valor buying you 3 really good items.

what? blizzard sucked not making new vp gear, how the fuck I would gear my alts up to normal SoO or some valiable offspec pieces or unlucky drops in normal, I don't want to run 3rd difficulty and look for fucking flex raiding grp on my 4 alts I playing on dead server, there only a single 535 trinket which u have to go mob farming , which lots of people hate, a way fucking more then dailes even
    and why the fucking hell they don't take away upgrades at new raid patch

Where does a blue say there won't be new VP gear? I have yet to see this confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    what? blizzard sucked not making new vp gear, how the fuck I would gear my alts up to normal SoO or some valiable offspec pieces or unlucky drops in normal, I don't want to run 3rd difficulty and look for fucking flex raiding grp on my 4 alts I playing on dead server, there only a single 535 trinket which u have to go mob farming , which lots of people hate, a way fucking more then dailes even
    and why the fucking hell they don't take away upgrades at new raid patch
    There's a whole set of 535 gear that you can grind out on the Timeless Isle and not have to deal with the same gating you experience with VP cap/raid rep like 5.2. The base piece is BoA-don't remember if the 535 piece is also BoA. I also remember there being something you can buy for VP from one of the Timeless Isle vendors.

Edit: You can spend 500 VP for a pouch of timeless coins, which you need to buy the item necessary to make a 535 piece, though it seems bugged on the PTR at the moment.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-08-13 at 04:54 AM.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/05/20/pa...-ghostcrawler/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Our current plan for 5.4 (which I'm probably not supposed to talk about at all yet) -- is that there won't be valor vendors, and the upgraders will just stick around. There will still be some alternative ways for players to gear who don't want to go into raids, but we'll see. That's our plan for now, we might also have them go away again when 5.4 launches, then come back again.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    There's a whole set of 535 gear that you can grind out on the Timeless Isle and not have to deal with the same gating you experience with VP cap/raid rep like 5.2. The base piece is BoA-don't remember if the 535 piece is also BoA. I also remember there being something you can buy for VP from one of the Timeless Isle vendors.
    it's not 535, it's 505-515 , as I said only trinket is 535
    and damn mindlessly mob farming, this what we get for ppl whine about dailes

theres an item that upgrades the crap 505 or whatever item into 535 epics.

They cost 50,000 timeless coins each, which is very little time farming. A full set could take a day or two if you are dedicated.

You need to do some more research on 5.4 in general.

Deleted
    All the items have 535 versions make by Burden of Eternity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I understanding this correctly? Blizzard is about to release a way for botters to get good gear? Rofl much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Am I understanding this correctly? Blizzard is about to release a way for botters to get good gear? Rofl much?
    It wont be good, you'll get better from flexmode even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Clearly worrying about something like this should be high on Blizzard's list of priorities.

Anyway, I believe the gear is similar to the 5.3 epics you can get with the radical mojos, in that they don't have good secondary stats. But the ilvl/primary stat gain should be more than a good enough start to get an alt caught up to raiding status.

The plethora of dailies and return of that grind was in turn a result of some players complaining about exhausting the VP items on vendors and then complaining there was nothing to do after VP capping on all of their alts every bloody week.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-08-13 at 06:36 AM.