Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old God expansion?

I demand tentacles, lots of naughty tentacles... and Myrmidons!

This is what Ra-den sais when defeted
    " Wait! I am... I am not your enemy. You are powerful, more powerful than he was, even... perhaps you are right. Perhaps there is still hope.
    But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course.
    But you have earned the right to try. Farewell. "

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    They aren't going to release a "Dark Below" expansion without Azshara and the Naga. Your theory is nice but its convoluted and made up from your own imagination completely irrelevant to the lore.
    Um... what theory is that, that Azshara wouldn't automatically have something to do with a South Seas expansion? Maybe she would. Maybe she wouldn't. Nobody knows yet.

We know the words "the dark below" and that is the only thing we know. If it's a WoW expansion we have no idea what it entails (half the people here seem to feel it would be entirely Burning Legion-based). Your first sentence is therefore rather... convoluted and made up, wouldn't you think?
    Last edited by damonskye; 2013-08-13 at 07:20 PM.

Last edited by tommyhil622; 2013-08-13 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    Figures, I too thought that we weren't prepared for another legion themed expansion, too soon IMO. So, I was thinking of the Azjol Empire, but I guess that's gonna happen with the Northrend 2.0 expansion, and someone already mentioned Ozumat, so I am guessing South Seas, lot's of water and islands etc. more interesting than a legion expansion, but maybe it's just me. Anyway, could be another thing entirely, we'll just have to wait.

Nobody thought Mists of Pandaria was the expansion when they trademarked that...!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming...The nightmare corpse-city of R'lyeh…a coast-line of mingled mud, ooze, and weedy Cyclopean masonry which can be nothing less than the tangible substance of earth's supreme terror...The geometry of R'lyeh is abnormal, non-Euclidean, and loathsomely redolent of spheres and dimensions apart from ours...it was built in measureless eons behind history by the vast, loathsome shapes that seeped down from the dark stars. There lay great Cthulhu and his hordes, hidden in green slimy vaults. ”...deep beneath the sea...the Dark Below.
    I'm hoping so much that the Rl'ye...I mean NYA'LOTHA, is going to rise from the depths (atleast partly) bringing lot of landmass with it, and be our new contient as it has been speculated in a few threads.

I will be all up in your grimdark expansion, doing the Kung-Fu Panda dance!

You heard it here first:

I hear various theories about EITHER an Azshara/naga themed expansion OR a Burning Legion expansion. But what if they weren't mutually exclusive??

Azshara's goal in the War of the Ancients was to transport Sargeras through the Well of Eternity...If the next expansion features Azshara as a prominent lore figure, then what if we travel to the depths in order to stop her from summoning Sargeras through another portal of pure energy? A naga/underwater/burning legion themed expansion?? Could constitute both - and could culminate into the final expansion where we travel through the twisting nether to fight Sargeras on his home turf.

Quote Originally Posted by bimbio View Post
    There is a reference in one of the warcraft lore books, where 2 orc brothers ventured in some deep cavern underground, and awoke some ancient evil, then escaped barely. Can't remember what it was.
    Every WoW expansion references some "dark, ancient evil" that has awoken. To me it is just incredibly vague for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Leat View Post
    Nobody thought Mists of Pandaria was the expansion when they trademarked that...!
    Everyone thought it was the expansion, they just didn't want it to be.

It's most likely the name of the Diablo 3 expansion. Blizzard said they had a big D3 announcement at Gamescon, so the timing lines up nicely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    10,000 years ago, yeah. Now? Not so much.
    10,000 years is nothing to Azshara!

Deleted

On the wiki

Quote Originally Posted by bimbio View Post
    This is what Ra-den sais when defeted
    " Wait! I am... I am not your enemy. You are powerful, more powerful than he was, even... perhaps you are right. Perhaps there is still hope.
    But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course.
    But you have earned the right to try. Farewell. "

Yeah, I added that qoute to wowpedia.org/Dark_Below

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    Everyone thought it was the expansion, they just didn't want it to be.
    I was sold on the expansion the minute I read the name.

What is the normal timeframe for WoW expansion related trademark registration? I feel this is a lot earlier than has happened in the past, so that makes me think D3.

Here's something really fun... go visit the old WoWInsider report on the trademarking for Mists of Pandaria. It's the same exact thread as going on here:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/02/bl...ria-trademark/

It can't possibly be real. There's no way they could register it so soon. It can't be in Pandaria. There can't be Pandaren. It has to be Azshara/Old Gods/N'Zoth/Burning Legion. There's no way Blizzard would ever do this. It has to be for Diablo 3/a CCG. Etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    10,000 years is nothing to Azshara!
    Sure. However, considering in those 10,000 years the naga serving under her (not including Lady Vashj, who left Azshara) have not aided the Legion in any way, it does not seem likely. Sargeras and his minions failed, so why would Azshara care for them? She respects power. The Old Gods have proven their power to her. She probably is making tentacles babies with N'zoth, she wouldn't want to cheat on him with Sargeras.

azshara expansion. Please Blizzard