Thumbs up iOS / Android games. I need some more ideas

Ok, so the android and iOS gaming scene is actually pretty huge.
    Some games have a million or more players. (*shocked*)
    I've been playing some RPGs, Puzzles, CCG and a variety of other time wasters.
    (Currently most active in Defender of Texel, see below.)

And, I'm curious what you're playing.

Everyone has heard of Angry birds, Plants vs Zombies and Candy Crush by now,. surely?
    But, what about the slightly less known - but still amazing games?
    What do you play?

Free games are preferred obviously - but lately I've seen iOS ports of classic Commodore, sega, and nintendo games being released.
    Sadly at a rate of 5-15$ which is,. a bit excessive for games you can play for free on your PC... Still, some of them offer big improvements / new graphics and sounds, extra levels. It's worth taking a look to see if you can find some of your favorite classic games.
    e.g. Secret of mana, Alien breed and even final fantasy and Worms!

At any rate, I'd like to recommend you look at:
    * Jelly Splash - if you like candy crush, you'll enjoy this one. Personally I find it to be better / more fun. But it has some drawbacks as well, such as mandatory facebook integration if you want to get past level 60 / 80. And it's iOS only currently.
    * Defender of Texel (as above) - ios and android. If you've played games such as guardian cross, spellstorm, hellfire, dark summoner, rage of bahamut, deity wars, etc. You'll be familiar with the RPG/CCG genre to collect cards, evolve them, and then use them for PVP or missions/events. DoT really stands out of the crowd because of it's systems, frequent events, method of growing cards and graphics. It's well worth a try. Feel free to use my code "NGaF" if you decide to try it later. You can enter the code after defeating the first boss for a nice bonus. We both get a little bonus, a rare monster which is never a bad thing since you can trade it later.
    * Motor world - Car Garage. It's a collectible game which allows you to build cars, manage a car factory, upgrade your cars and then use them to race vs your friends. There's a wiki page for it as well, if you want to look around the graphics: http://motorworld.wikia.com/wiki/Motor_World_Wiki - The game has a very classic feel to it. It has some stability issues which might deter some users, but if you got a fast phone the game will also perform better. And support is unlike any other - fast and friendly.
    * Clash of Clans - originally based off the popular flash game "backyard monsters". You build a base, you upgrade the buildings, and 1 minute becomes 2 minutes, becomes 15, 1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day, 1 week to wait for such upgrades. Normally such games entertain me for 2-3 days before I realize,. "damn, they did it to me again",. and quit in rage because i fell for the age old joke that such games always are. Not this one though,. yes it does take an age to upgrade the top level buildings. BUT, unlike all the others this game has balanced it perfectly in between the ability to get more resources, attack other players, gain an automatic shield when attacked, the ability to hire extra workers by completing achievements, and a friendly clan system. If you ever rage quit a similar game like me - TRY THIS ONE. You won't regret it.
    * Bad piggies - a puzzle game, kind of popular, and i think it's from the creators of angry birds.
    * Beasty bay - if you're into pokemon like games - try this one. It's an rpg/adventure/evolve monsters game which works very similar. Don't be discouraged if you mis-place some buildings early on, you'll be able to destroy them later and replace them.
    * Plants vs zombies 2 - the sequel, I haven't touched it much yet, but heck, it's the same game as far as ive seen so far. Just with egyptian zombies / mummies as well. It's free, so grab it.

Give me your suggestions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tiny wings, but it's iOS exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Tiny wings, but it's iOS exclusive.
    Seems to be a paid app as well.
    Do you find it to be worth the coin then?

Zenonia 4 is pretty amazing as a free RPG on iOS bytheway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tiny Wings is a great amount of fun. It'll keep you entertained for a few weeks at least. It was free a few weeks back, maybe it'll go free again at some point. Regardless, it's worth paying for
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    i got a card game on my ipad called "o & c duels"

quite a good card game, theres a campaign story line where you fight the AI, or you can play other players, which i don't do because most of them are cheaters. theres different classes to pick and lots of cards you can customise you deck with. not bad for a free game!
    dragonmaw - EU

You mean this one?
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orde...533390985?mt=8
    526 MB, is rather heavy for a card game.

And Ohmygods,. chrono trigger is available!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chro...479431697?mt=8
    Shame its 9.99,.
    but still, that's one very great and classic high ranked game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get terraria - gta vice city for android and it's done :P! but yeah chrono trigger adds the new DS fights and stuff :P

I've already got Terraria on the pc,. so it feels weird having to pay to be able to do it on the iphone.
    Also, Terraria 1.2 will be released / updated on october 1st

Terraria on the I pad is kind of a pain. I only gave it 10 minutes. Building things is great, lovely. Combat is a pain. Disclaimer: 10 minute review

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hero...626095764?mt=8

Heroes War, about a month old, pretty addictive and not blatantly P2W.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puzz...489178757?mt=8

Puzzle Craft, neat puzzle game which is truly F2P.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2013-09-16 at 08:34 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Terraria on the I pad is kind of a pain. I only gave it 10 minutes. Building things is great, lovely. Combat is a pain. Disclaimer: 10 minute review
    Minecraft is unplayable in much the same way,.
    Certain methods of movement are just impossible / inconvenient when you try it on a phone/pad/console.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hero...626095764?mt=8

Heroes War, about a month old, pretty addictive and not blatantly P2W.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puzz...489178757?mt=8

Puzzle Craft, neat puzzle game which is truly F2P.
    Most games that feature large chested women tend to be heavily P2W somehow,. they use sex to attract a certain type of player I guess.

I got puzzle craft, it's good-ish until you get to level 50 or so - after that, it's kind of a grind.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Most games that feature large chested women tend to be heavily P2W somehow,. they use sex to attract a certain type of player I guess.
    There are definitely some P2W elements in it. But it does have several PvE modes (in addition to the PvP which probably is P2W), and in that mode the P2W-aspect is not really felt, in my view.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance