Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    The change is not to hold aggro against dps classes its to make tank swaps a little easier I quess
    Actually, I think it's more likely for trash AOE packs. Tank swaps are fine if your tanks aren't selfish.

Vengeance was also changed that if you have 1 mob, you get 100% vengeance from it. If you have 2 mobs you get 100% vengeance from mob 1, and I think 50% from mob 2. Then if you have 3, you get 100/50/33 in a 1/n situation. This is going to cause a HUGE drop in vengeance for AOE packs and fine, holding aggro on that 1 mob is easy but like the 8th mob? That's a pain the arse especially when your vengeance is going to be slashed.

Should also say, more threat isn't going to help tank swaps, because you're both going to receive the bonus threat. If only one of you did say for 5 seconds after a taunt, fine. But no, it's at all times. It's like putting 2 identical midgets on 2 identical boxes and saying "I WONDER WHO IS TALLER NOW?"
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-08-15 at 09:11 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    >Thinks tanking ever required a high skillcap.

ufunny.
    Guess you never tanked Vaelstrasz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    >Thinks tanking ever required a high skillcap.

ufunny.
    long time since i've seen meme arrows

Quote Originally Posted by quiks View Post
    aggro was hardly ever a fun mechanic. [snap]
    One the one side, I understand you. We're playing a game that's meant to be fun. On the other hand, removing everything that's not fun would make the game very boring...

Things that are not fun:
    - hit / exp cap
    - dodge / parry stats
    - necessarity to enchant or gem new gear
    - spirit
    - and many more

So ... does this mean 540% threat or 700% threat ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Be helpful for lfd tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    may as well buff it to 5000%, what difference does it make at this point?
    Hi

It's a buff because all shit tanks in LFR's and dungeons struggle to hold threat when it has been made trivial for years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    It's a buff because all shit tanks in LFR's and dungeons struggle to hold threat when it has been made trivial for years now.
    auto attacks should hold threat if you are in LFR and marked as a tank role.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Probably 740%.
    40% of 500 would be 200, so my bet is on 700%

Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    want it to go back to classic tanking and have a trash pack wipe a group over and over again because a tank can't keep aggro?
    Yes! A thousand times yes!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    It didn't take skill, it took waiting for 5 sunders. It took dps sitting on their hands. It took a threat meter addon being a requirement to raid.
    Or it took equipping a thunderfury. A single item solved all threat issues in Vanilla (until you had to swap tanks in vael/huhu encounters).

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    - necessarity to enchant or gem new gear
    Heh why don't we go back to the days when games had upgrade mechanics that could actually fail and destroy your precious item instead of improving it.

OT: As far as I can judge it this change will do nothing at all. Equally geared tanks will still be miles ahead in aggro while those that aren't able to press a button or two after body-pulling will still lose every single mob to the first Living Bomb tick. As always only the symptoms are treated and not the disease that causes them.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Yes! A thousand times yes!
    Tank: I'm going in! Just give me a few secs to..."
    *a fireball already hits the target*
    *arrows flying by*
    Warlock/Mages running wild: "OMG! Aggro! Heal! Heal!"
    Hunter feign deaths: "ROFL!"
    *Healers healing dps therefore gaining aggro*
    *Healers die*
    *dps die*
    Hunter: "ROFL!"

... all the while tanks are running after mobs taunting one occasionally.

Fun times. God how I miss these times!

Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    want it to go back to classic tanking and have a trash pack wipe a group over and over again because a tank can't keep aggro?
    Um, yes? Yes, I would like to go back to actually having to play the game instead of automatically "winning".

Were MoP tanks having threat problems? The only threat problems I ever had was getting the boss back immediately after the other tank taunts
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Back then all tanks did was hold aggro and not stand I the fire... Some still stood in the fire and most dissent hold threat. Now they actually have to keep themselves alive and rotate cooldown for the big attacks aswell as heal/BoP/intervene the suicidal dps.
    I liked the old days

That said though, I never see tanks having aggro issues except if the other tank is better geared (my usual case running with a bear), or I guess in rare cases where you have someone geared to the teeth in a heroic with a tank who just dinged (in which case I'd honestly put the blame on the DPS. A good DPS knows when they're pulling too much and when to back off). Not sure really if an additional 40% is going to be that useful.

As an aside one thing I really would like is if more mobs have a frontal cleave to punish derp DPS who stand in front. It's always funny watching someone die to that one Zandalari guy after Horridon who does frontal damage.

You know that this change is in place to offset verngeance reduction?

Back when BWL was current content and thousands of guilds were failing on Vaelestraz, threat meant something. If you out threat the tank and a few DPS died, you couldn't beat the enrage timer. If your tank was lousy with threat, you couldn't beat the enrage timer. You had to manage threat and that encounter was perfectly tuned.

Now it's not even worth a mention. MAYBE Tortos bats if you are misdirect/tricking them onto a tank, but Prot Pallies doing 200kdps and 100khps at the same time normally pick them up without any help anyways.

I miss threat as a mechanic - even as a DPS. Then again I am weird - I also miss the resist stacking fights. I find it funny how it seems Blizzard always makes a case for lack of gear selection and yet they have nerfed so many things out of the game which used to provide just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigapples View Post
    I miss threat as a mechanic - even as a DPS. Then again I am weird - I also miss the resist stacking fights. I find it funny how it seems Blizzard always makes a case for lack of gear selection and yet they have nerfed so many things out of the game which used to provide just that.
    Uhm, while i can see why you would miss threat mechanics (for the record: I don't miss it at all)... You miss resist stacking fights? Urm, how come? Resist stacking fights had nothing to do with 'gear selection' you mentioned, as there was nothing to select: Huhuran/Ragnaros/Shazrah is next? OK, time to get that Nature/Fire/Shadow resist gear out of my bank and put it on.

Not to mention there wasn't any skill nor fun involved, as equipping gear isn't particularly skill demanding and suddenly doing half your normal dps doesn't really qualify as fun.