Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The next time an obese woman asks you OP out and you say no, would it be ok for her to say you're discriminating against her? No? Well then it isn't here either. You know why? Preferences. She doesn't like black guys that way. Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Hardly. You are free to choose your life partners however you please. Likewise, I'm free to pass judgement on the manner in which you do so. You don't particularly have to care.
    So you can bring yourself to find the same sex attractive and have a meaningful relationship with them just because you decide to? Finding someone physically attractive is based on a multitide of factors.

It would be very difficult to get over finding someone physically unattractive in a relationship, and I think it's irresponsible to lead someone in to a relationship when you don't find them physically attractive because it will be a major and negative factor in that relationship. As you get much older, physical attractiveness becomes a non-issue because you lose that deep-seated psychological consideration, but it will effect the relationship for decades leading up to that point.

You are free to choose your life partners as much as you are in control of your own subconscious decision making. You can find someone less physically attractive when compared to others you find very physically attractive, but still find those lesser physically attractive people somewhat physically attractive to have a relationship with and get to know. It depends on the persons, and arbitrary judgement on everyone isn't suitable in this instance.

If you find someone utterly unattractive to you physically, I don't consider it shallow to not enter a relationship with them based on that. In the end, physical attractiveness is purely on the surface of the person being observed, but the person doing the observing bases whether they feel attracted to that person or not on deeper, subconscious thoughts and feelings, so it's anything but shallow.

You are free to pass judgement as you see fit, but if I think it's based on faulty logic I'll argue against it.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    So you can bring yourself to find the same sex attractive and have a meaningful relationship with them just because you decide to? Finding someone physically attractive is based on a multitide of factors.
    Monogamous romantic love between couples is a social cognition. It is not one that includes committing to a partner against your orientation. It would go against more than just my personal tastes and preferences to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    If you find someone utterly unattractive to you physically, I don't consider it shallow to not enter a relationship with them based on that. In the end, physical attractiveness is purely on the surface of the person being observed, but the person doing the observing bases whether they feel attracted to that person or not on deeper, subconscious thoughts and feelings, so it's anything but shallow.
    So you think making a decision based off your immediate instincts, especially one that can be potentially life-altering, is anything but shallow? I'm going to have to say that that is the very definition of shallow. Bear in mind that I'm not suggesting you accept dates from any ugly that comes asking you out. What I'm saying is that if you've been around someone and think they're a very nice person, and you acknowledge on some level that they might be what you consider relationship material, then turning them down and not even giving it a chance purely on the basis of them being unattractive isn't the wisest decision on your part. These are only specific, individual cases too. Generalisations as broad as "Oh, I'm never going to date an asian woman" or the like are just facepalm-worthy. Even if you dislike a particular physical attribute, you have to admit that it is indeed possible you might find someone of an ethnicity stunning despite those attributes. Generalisations aren't any good when you come across individuals who defy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrys View Post
    i have lots of interest in a white woman that a friend know. she looking good and is really nice to be around but she turned out to be racist toward blacks. i asked her out and she said am not her type. i asked what she want to say with that and she said she don't like black men but can go with others, latinos, asian and whites but not black.

why do people think this way??? is there some way i can report for discrimination against black?
    If this isn't a troll thread, no you cant report some one for discrimination because they don't want to date you no matter what the reason is, that's just dumb. Its not being racists towards blacks that she doesn't want to date you. What if she said no sorry I don't date tall guys or short guys. People like what they like and not what they don't. Ive dated one black girl and it just wasn't for me, I really only find myself attracted to whites, Japanese and Korean women. I don't have anything personal against the other types. Aesthetically I jus t don't find them to be my type. Just seems to me your making an issue that doesn't exist or your mad you got rejected and instead of saying ok and moving on your calling her racist instead of just admitting to yourself she just isn't into you.

To be fair, it probably wasn't the best idea to jump out at her from a dark alleyway with a knife and THEN ask her out.

bro

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-08-16 at 02:30 AM.

You know, him being a troll or not, the fact remains I'm sure this happens in life and I'm sure people of ALL color feel it could be racism.

The question I have, why exactly is it not racism when it's something like someone not being attracted to someone of a different color but it's racism when you think "Blacks should go back to their black countries" or something else? Afterall my preference is that all blacks should live outside of the US.

Maybe put another way, why is it racism all of a sudden when you see blacks getting arrested for mugging/knifing/shooting/murdering someone (of any color) and you call them a thug or something. Afterall, they are doing "thug-like" things...

Blacks are a double-standard. Always have been, always will be.

**Oh, and I'm hoping for a little leeway using potentially racist things from the mods. There's no other way to give the examples without doing so.**
    Last edited by xpugtorx; 2013-08-15 at 02:48 PM.

I'm only sexually attracted to blonde or redhaired caucasian women between sizes 8 and 18. Does that make me racist, anti-anorexic/obese, or homophobic?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    If this isn't a troll thread, no you cant report some one for discrimination because they don't want to date you no matter what the reason is, that's just dumb. Its not being racists towards blacks that she doesn't want to date you. What if she said no sorry I don't date tall guys or short guys. People like what they like and not what they don't. Ive dated one black girl and it just wasn't for me, I really only find myself attracted to whites, Japanese and Korean women. I don't have anything personal against the other types. Aesthetically I jus t don't find them to be my type. Just seems to me your making an issue that doesn't exist or your mad you got rejected and instead of saying ok and moving on your calling her racist instead of just admitting to yourself she just isn't into you.
    So then the question becomes what IS IT about white, jap, korean women that make them attractive to you and everyone else not attractive?

I guess to put it the way I'm curious of, if you put a white, jap, korean and black girl (who had all the same height, weight, build) and you couldn't speak with them before going on a date you literally skip the black? When you put it that way, it's almost is (going by the definition of "racism" that MMO-C users seem to use) racist. You are saying you are not attracted to someone of a different color, no?

The reasons people give when they reject people are usually LIES, and not the real reason they are rejecting them. Just saying, she probably had something more personal about you that she didn't want to say so she gave a blanket reason. Like when my buddy told a friend he wouldn't date her because he didn't want to mess up their friendship, when really...

Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus View Post
    I'm only sexually attracted to blonde or redhaired caucasian women between sizes 8 and 18. Does that make me racist, anti-anorexic/obese, or homophobic?

No.
    I'm still curious how when it comes to dating, preferences doesn't make your racist but using facts to prove something like "typical black thug" is racist for some reason.

**Oh, and I'm hoping for a little leeway using potentially racist things from the mods. There's no other way to give the examples without doing so.**

Deleted
    Monogamous romantic love between couples is a social cognition.
    *scratches head*

...what?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    *scratches head*

...what?
    The very concept of "Romanticism" is defined by culture; it's not a huge stretch to believe that society's ideal for how a relationship ought to be is a social construct.

I'm not saying love is a social cognition - science conclusively disproves that. I'm saying that romantic love is. The distinction is a critical one. There have been many studies on it. I'll try and find you one :P

http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/phl/sum...ottschall.html

That has a few paragraphs on it. I couldn't find the one I was looking for. It's an article I read years back.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2013-08-15 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    It certainly is a factor. It might even be a big one for some. But if you make it the only factor, then you're being a shallow fool.

Case in point:
    I don't see how it makes me shallow to not want to be with someone that I don't find attractive. Physical attractiveness is important; Not as important as a lot of other things, but it still matters. If you aren't prepared to admit that to yourself in a bid to maintain your 'nobility', then you're the fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling it now: Affirmative action for equal distribution of white women.
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-08-15 at 05:37 PM.

why do people think this way??? is there some way i can report for discrimination against black?
    wtf? why do they think this way you ask? it's called personal opinion. like if i say i don't like chocolate ice cream. or if i say i don't like techno music. or girls with black hair. or loud animals. or farts.

she does not want to mate with black men. wow, big deal. maybe look for another girl? and grow some thicker skin please...

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    I don't see how it makes me shallow to not want to be with someone that I don't find attractive. Physical attractiveness is important; Not as important as a lot of other things, but it still matters. If you aren't prepared to admit that to yourself in a bid to maintain your 'nobility', then you're the fool.
    You said you'd never date a black woman. Such absolutes irk me. You honestly think no black woman can be attractive?

LOL how it is not racism when she say she dont like black men??? how can someone even think this way?
    i don't like black men like you. there, you have it. still has nothing to do with racism. hint: i also don't like white men who are like you!

You said you'd never date a black woman. Such absolutes irk me. You honestly think no black woman can be attractive?
    I've certainly never seen a black woman that I found attractive. They just don't have the features I'm looking for, but it's still not racism.

Deleted
    That woman would probably be sent to trial for racism in sweden. OP would simply say he felt violated and discriminated
    because she didnt want to fuck him. Her life would be shit after that because all of the politically correct retards would
    frown upon her and treat her like trash.

The pathetic part is that im not even exaggerating or making shit up. Thats how the world looks in sweden today...

Sad...

10+ Year Old Account
    So you think making a decision based off your immediate instincts, especially one that can be potentially life-altering, is anything but shallow? I'm going to have to say that that is the very definition of shallow.
    I'm saying that basing whether you'll enjoy a relationship enough with an individual to stick with them for a long period by taking in to account whether you find them physically attractive isn't based on shallow instincts, nor is it shallow to do so. You seem to be using absolutes to argue against me when I'm not using them myself.

If you find a certain characteristic a big turn-off then chances are you won't be able to maintain a relationship with them. That is just how it is. If it's a case of "meh, it's not too bad" then you can get past that.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-08-15 at 03:15 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!