Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I've noticed that maintankadin is a tad more active with high ranking tanks than our forums. But that's pretty much what I meant. Choice is the only one I have seen posting actively as far as I can remember. But then again, I'm not keeping up with whos tanking for who so I might just not notice.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

We're top 200 (#35 US10), which isn't saying much, but I agree; outside of Choice, I don't see any "cutting edge" posters in here, unless they just keep quiet about who they are. Would be nice to get some insight from folks in that position.

I need to branch out to maintankadin again, haven't visited since ICC lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    We're top 200 (#35 US10), which isn't saying much, but I agree; outside of Choice, I don't see any "cutting edge" posters in here, unless they just keep quiet about who they are. Would be nice to get some insight from folks in that position.

I need to branch out to maintankadin again, haven't visited since ICC lol.
    haha I was just adding maintankadin to my bookmarks an got stuck reading through the 5.4 trinket thread. when I came back to mmo there was no new post. so I guess you're reading maintankadin aswell as we speak? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    haha I was just adding maintankadin to my bookmarks an got stuck reading through the 5.4 trinket thread. when I came back to mmo there was no new post. so I guess you're reading maintankadin aswell as we speak? :-)
    There is a lot of noise over there too though.

Deleted
    I have not been hanging on MT for ages. Dunno, mmo-champ fills my paladin needs. Always found that the discussions was better and more rewarding here.

Probably tanking meta and dps cloak.

Seeing how meta no longer scales with haste and -40% proc rate i'd say it would go from 10% to ~4% which is meh.
    At the same time i hope that dps cloak will be good enough to somewhat offset that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonerteey View Post
    To the guys who reasoning with the old Ardent defender. Please dont forget that the game changed a lot since we got "the good old Ardent defender" and there are no bosses like the Lich King who hit us for 60k with 65k max hp... dmg is a lot more smooth nowdays therefore the proc is not that significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    The tank cape is useless if you don't want to game it.
    That was the reason of my quoting the old AD - I plan to game it, if the mechanics are there. I'm not worried about a (I'm using the example) Lich King 60k swing. For that the proc is useless 90% of times, since your healers can't always catch up. I'm thinking about Algalon's Big Bang - 100k damage when you have 40k health. That's what you can game it for. Eating Lei Shen's Decapitate without moving (debuff problems apart). It's not about getting killed, it's about cheating a mechanic, the same way we use HoP to get out of things you normally don't.
    Anyway, as I said, it will depend on the mechanic. If there's no need for such tricks, then the cloak swap is a no brainer. I'm just starting with precautions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    That was the reason of my quoting the old AD - I plan to game it, if the mechanics are there. I'm not worried about a (I'm using the example) Lich King 60k swing. For that the proc is useless 90% of times, since your healers can't always catch up. I'm thinking about Algalon's Big Bang - 100k damage when you have 40k health. That's what you can game it for. Eating Lei Shen's Decapitate without moving (debuff problems apart). It's not about getting killed, it's about cheating a mechanic, the same way we use HoP to get out of things you normally don't.
    Anyway, as I said, it will depend on the mechanic. If there's no need for such tricks, then the cloak swap is a no brainer. I'm just starting with precautions.
    Well it's really easy to eat decaps actually between our current AD , DS and BoPs.

Slightly more on topic :
    Currently the dps one that we have gives us :
    (+ 20% of Attack power) damage to up to 5 enemies in front of you, every 0.3 sec for 3 sec. (Approximately [1.05 + Haste] procs per minute)
    which is 10 attacks with a total of 200% AP but alas 1.05 procs a minute.

for a 210% AP / minute

the caster dps one gives us :
    (+ 200% of Spell power) damage over 4 sec. This damage also affects up to 4 other enemies near the burning target. (Approximately [2.61 + Haste] procs per minute)

for a 522% SP / minute (or 261% AP)

Now the question is :A) Which of our spells can trigger the caster one B) Is the dps proc physical damage (aka - ~30% of actual dmg done) or magical

Deleted
    Bit out of topic, but..
    Currently I'm at 10/12 runestones, so it's quite possible I'll get my cloak before patch.
    Current epic600 cloak is upgradeable, and new leg600 cloak is ugradeable.. assume that upgrade from epic608 wont be copied to legendary one, and will have to upgrade it once again in case of upgrading the epic one now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking for the original Blizzard Post on the changes to Meta and Cloak. can anyone help? :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Bit out of topic, but..
    Currently I'm at 10/12 runestones, so it's quite possible I'll get my cloak before patch.
    Current epic600 cloak is upgradeable, and new leg600 cloak is ugradeable.. assume that upgrade from epic608 wont be copied to legendary one, and will have to upgrade it once again in case of upgrading the epic one now?
    They said they are thinking about leaving your cloak 608 after upgrading to legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    yup on ptr it stays 608. also buying a second cloak for offspecc keeps that second cloak at 608 immediately.

bought both of them yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    i might switch the gem, but ill keep the dps cloak, just sad to get a legendary that dosent feel legenday at all, but the stats and proc on the tanking cloak are just not my taste
    I totally agree with you... the meta seems like it might be worth changing, but I want the haste from the cloak.

I can't buy a second cloak in 5.3. Is this something enabled in 5.4?

Cloaks should be 7k a piece in 5.4.

The cloak is on the vendor at 7K on 5.3 now but when I go to purchase it I'm told I'm only allowed to carry one "Cloak of Virtue". Even banking the cloak didn't allow to buy the second cloak.

Deleted
    You will be able to buy the legendary for multiple specs in the next patch. And they will keep their upgrades, if you have already upgraded them.

Currently the cloak is labeled as "Unique: Cloak of Virtue (1)" so if it's banked, bagged, or on you... you can only have "(1)". Next patch they're changing to be Unique Equipped, meaning you can have multiples.

I've never understood the reasoning for Unique-Equipped on single-slot items (i.e., anything but rings, trinkets, and weapons)...

And in this case, Unique makes sense from a flavor perspective, but sucks from a mechanics perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I'm just going to have both cloaks, and swap between them as necessary.