Poll: Who will kill Garrosh?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It just occurred to me, and bare with me if this has been said, I didn't read every page of this thread, that this may actually be finally the "fist pumping moment" for Alliance. Until now, I was firmly in the vol'jin camp, and wouldn't be surprised if it was him still. This just seems like an opportunity to give Alliance a little love this patch.

My vote in this case is Varian or Anduin, maybe even a father-son tandem thing. It's just too bad this game is rated "T" because I'd love to see a cinematic with Anduin standing over him, drenched in blood.

Deleted
    Will probaly be Vol'jin, for blizzard have clearly stated and showed They dont give a FUCK about alliance lore. I mean all that have happen in Pandaria and pre pandaria is in total. Hordes blew up teramore. Alliance got control of Dalaran, that is about it. So i highly doubht Blizzard will now start to give a shit

Deleted
    Anduin or Taran Zhu would be cool

I would say Baine because Garrosh killed his father and if anyone does deserve to kill Garrosh it's him.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Vol'jin better be waiting in the shadows for Garrosh to slump over, exhausted. The players will look down at Garrosh, and we'll step forward to finish the job, but Garrosh will collapse to the ground, blood spreading out from him, an arrow rising from his back. Vol'jin will step forward, looking down at the "Warchief" before spitting on his body, job well done.
    So Vol'jin will be portrayed as a pussy that waited for others to do the real work and then elevated his status to kill-stealing pussy?

VOL'JIN FOR WAR-CHIEF!!!

I'm not sure that is truly as epic as it might have sounded at first, but, I fully expect Vol'jin to play a major part in the canon kill. Let's just add in Saurfang, with his promise from Borean Tundra, cleaving Garrosh in the head while Vol'jin shoots him in the heart, Thrall sitting on his ass after getting stunned, and the Alliance will just stand on the sidelines and cheer their Horde heroes.

I think someone is going to use the timeless isle to rip grom hellscream from the past right before he is about to take the big explosive blow to the face, and bring him to our time. Once he finds out what his son had done i think he will assume the mantle of Warchief with Vol'jin and Thrall being his close advisors. Also have to wonder what other creatures this time rip could have sucked into our time-line maybe an old god hitches a ride?

As for the killing blow Either Varian, Vol'jin, or Jaina. I would be very surprised if it is'nt Jaina after what Garrosh did to her home. It also makes sense as to why the alliance leaves Orgrimmar instead of taking it, Jaina with Garrosh dead would advise them to do so.

Garrosh will never die, he will go get a cab and be a cab-driver in Guatemala for the rest of his life.

I voted for Vol'jin because he is the "obvious" choice and perfectly set up for it. On the other hand, I agree that "well lets have him sit out most of the fight and grab all the glory in the end" is kind of off putting. On the other hand, will the other NPCs be active the whole fight? Whats the difference between that and... well say Varian coming out at the end and getting the killing blow?

If there is a "surprise" character I vote for Anduin. Part of his appeal is that he has skills and strengths that he keeps well hidden. And, of course, his father is entirely against his even being PRESENT at the final battle.

This thread has really made me interested in seeing how this plays out

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archodas View Post
    I would personally love to see Varian Wrynn doing the deadly deed
    This may appeal to a lot of alliance players but it would be wrong in just about every sense of the word in a game in which half of the players play horde.

The only way I can see this happening in a way which can satisfy both Horde and Alliance honor is for the killing blow to be delivered execution style after Garrosh is beaten, by a Horde champion, most probably orc. First choice would be Saurfang, second choice Thrall.

Having Vol'jin (in the Horde version) or Varian (in the Alliance version) delivering the crippling blow eg shattering Garrosh's weapon/mortally wounding him, but importantly not killing him, would be a good idea.

So from the Alliance perspective, as Garrosh reaches some low %, he knocks everyone down, Varian jumps in, they duel for a short while and it ends with Garrosh flat on his back - and Varian hands him over to Saurfang who issues the death sentence.

If, however, Varian executes Garrosh, it basically undermines Horde as a faction.

Think of Sadam Hussain, and for that matter pretty much every war criminal in the modern age. The international community may be the ones who bring them to justice, but it is ultimately up to the sovereign country to issue judgement and punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tirion Fordring, obviously.

Or maybe Taran Zhu if he's not dead.

I still imagine a scenario where the players defeat Garrosh, and then we see a little cutscene where all the NPCs are standing around him while he's beaten / on his knees. Someone is about to deliver a killing blow, but Thrall stops it and convinces everyone to show him mercy, exile him, or whatever else.

Then, just as the scene is about to end, BAM. Someone steps out and kills him anyway. I'd kinda like to see Jaina get the killing blow.

thrall, he will call all the elements, broke corrupted gorehowl with the doomhammer and then hit him with a full elemental empowered blow that will cleanse garrosh from the sha corruption, garrosh agonizing will start a speach about how he want the orcs to reign over anything but an arrow hit him in heart and then an axe cut it's head, both Vol'jin and Saurfang have arrived; the cinematic close up with thrall saying "lets go we have to rebuild the Horde and prepare for another war" and leave followed by both Vol'jin and Saurfang.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    That'd be great. Garrosh is on his knees, breathing heavily as the life bleeds out of him. Vol'jin readies and arrow them WHAM.

A WRENCH.

OUT OF FUCKIN' NOWHERE.
    Both yours and the poster you quoted's comments made me laugh more than they should have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I still imagine a scenario where the players defeat Garrosh, and then we see a little cutscene where all the NPCs are standing around him while he's beaten / on his knees. Someone is about to deliver a killing blow, but Thrall stops it and convinces everyone to show him mercy, exile him, or whatever else.

Then, just as the scene is about to end, BAM. Someone steps out and kills him anyway. I'd kinda like to see Jaina get the killing blow.
    Hehe the only thing missing is the person dealing the killing blow saying something along the lines of: "Seriously? You were going to create another scheming splinter faction out for revenge that will sooner than later stab you in the back?!"

I would actually like it to be Jaina too and her making it quite gruesome .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Both yours and the poster you quoted's comments made me laugh more than they should have.
    I'm not sure what Mekkatorque would really achieve smashing Garrosh's kneecaps with a wrench, I mean that's about as high as he could reach, right?

If Tarran Zhu is dead though, be nice to see Taoshi shadowstep in and slit his throat while everyone's lecturing, mutter something like 'Jerk', then *poof* vanish in a smokebomb.

in game: I see it being a final boss that players kill simply to try and stop the complaining of the last 2 expansions "oh come on the lich king wiped us just so the frozen guy could break his sword and look epic?!" "WHAT?! WE DID ALL THE WORK WHY IS THRALL DOING THE THING THAT WAS PLANNED AND EXPLAINED TO US SINCE THE START OF THE RAID?!"....I kinda feel sorry for blizzard employees getting bombarded with that much rage over not getting the last hit...

buuuuuuut lorewise since the players are pretty much nothing but an occasional forced reference so people feel special: thrall, he went into the fight first and he's the one who started the entire garrosh idiocy in an attempt to get his dead best friend's son out of depression, he should be the one to bash the idiot's skull in to end it.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post

The problem with this scenario is that whoever did this would need to have action taken against them. It would simply set up a whole new cycle of retribution that led to the Garrosh problem in the first place.

What might happen though is that Thrall makes this declaration, but Garrosh decides to try grab a weapon and lunge at Thrall, only to be cut down by someone. That scenario could make it so that anyone could legitimately get the kill without sparking a new wave of reprisals. This is pretty much the only way I can see Varian or Jaina getting the kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The problem with this scenario is that whoever did this would need to have action taken against them. It would simply set up a whole new cycle of retribution that led to the Garrosh problem in the first place.

What might happen though is that Thrall makes this declaration, but Garrosh decides to try grab a weapon and lunge at Thrall, only to be cut down by someone. That scenario could make it so that anyone could legitimately get the kill without sparking a new wave of reprisals. This is pretty much the only way I can see Varian or Jaina getting the kill.
    Dear gods no. Anyone. ANYONE but Thrall. He can't save the universe again. Just no. No. I'd rather just let Garrosh live than that.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    it will be Basic Campfire.
    I change my answer to this, I can see how it happens already, the players beat garrosh into submission, cue cutscene where thrall gets back up and charges at him to kill him but instead simply knocks him back into basic campfire, who using its tactical and strategic prowess has snuck up behind garrosh taking his bunker-throne from under him, garrosh lands on basic campfire who sacrifices itself to burn him to death, after the celebration of their victory the horde and alliance hold a funeral for basic campfire that begins with them gathering a lot of debris and lighting it, suddenly basic campfire's ghost takes over the huge bonfire leading to basic bonfire, the new warchief of the horde-liance coming into existance and leading the now unified forces off into the sunset. basic bonfire will then take its place as leader of the army of light that defeats sargeras and the old gods...cause it's a fire..that gives off light... I'm so witty.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Deleted
    He'll suffocate on the interesting mix of his own blood and the-um-old god liquids before anyone can pull the final throw on him.