The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    First off, if Blizzard came out publicly and said that no they did not file for the trademark, then I couldn't care. Guess what, they haven't come out and said anything. This is just Blizzard trying to throw us off.
    Secondly there are too many facts and hints leading it to be TDB next.
    Third: This is for all the legion fanboys, since when has blizzard hinted at the next expansion in the current expansion? Things like Ruby Sanctum don't count, because that's tech. a cata patch(and it was as fun as cata too).

Like I said, it's still gonna be TDB
    Could you list all of these hints and facts? Because I've not seen anything, All we have is a seemingly failed application, apart from that it's just people like you grasping at straws, If you have some actual evidence then I shall eat my hat, But I really doubt you do, All there is at all right now, is speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, if Blizzard came out publicly and said that no they did not file for the trademark, then I couldn't care. Guess what, they haven't come out and said anything. This is just Blizzard trying to throw us off.
    Third: This is for all the legion fanboys, since when has blizzard hinted at the next expansion in the current expansion? Things like Ruby Sanctum don't count, because that's tech. a cata patch(and it was as fun as cata too).

Stop using the word fanboy. It doesn't make your argument credible.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    I don't understand, why is it gone.. Does that mean Blizzard did something about it being a hoax or is it Blizzard trying to throw us off again?
    Well If it was a Hoax, the Office dealing with it would've found out and cancelled it, I highly doubt a company like Blizzard would mess around the trademark office by adding and removing patents just to throw off the playerbase, That would be highly unprofessional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Stop using the word fanboy. It doesn't make your argument credible.
    It's a shame people like Bill seem to think that, It only works to do the opposite.

15+ Year Old Account

Stop spreading bullshit.

Blizzard hints at the next expansion prior to its release every single time. Yes, Ruby Sanctum DOES count and no the Twilight Dragonflight does not count as a Cata patch - it was a Wrath patch. Whether or not they release an epilogue/prologue patch correlating to a specific number schema is irrelevant. There is always an epilogue and always a prologue, believe it.

You wanna argue the veracity of this filing? Fine. But don't make up shit out of thin air to support your argument, especially when it contains logic-breaking caveats like "Ruby Sanctum technically counts as a Cataclysm patch."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    They actually don't. Intellectual Property is implicitly protected by copyrights and trademarks as soon as it is created. The government process just gives the individual or company concrete proof as to when they created their product in case somebody tries to steal it.

Blizzard could trademark their next expansion today, or the day before Blizzcon, or the day after the expansion actually releases, if they were so inclined.
    Then I'm wondering why they've always done it a couple of months before the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Well If it was a Hoax, the Office dealing with it would've found out and cancelled it, I highly doubt a company like Blizzard would mess around the trademark office by adding and removing patents just to throw off the playerbase, That would be highly unprofessional.
    Is it really that much more unprofessional than leaving a fake trademark application in the application process for weeks just to throw off the playerbase?
    Since Blizzard obviously knew about the trademark as soon as the rest of us did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
    Then I'm wondering why they've always done it a couple of months before the announcement.
    I've heard that it generally has to do with them preparing materials for Blizzcon.
    Posters and goodie bags and collaboration with Direct TV and such all go on months prior to Blizzcon.
    To the extent that Direct TV actually has a copy of the game announcement trailers prior to announcement.

So in general it's more legally sound to put down a concrete trademark before they send off an order for hundreds of posters and the like.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-08-29 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Is it really that much more unprofessional than leaving a fake trademark application in the application process for weeks just to throw off the playerbase?
    Since Blizzard obviously knew about the trademark as soon as the rest of us did.
    You're assuming it staying up was Blizzard not addressing it, and not the Trademark office just taking it down whenever they get to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but we don't know the way it goes, There are always procedures, if indeed Blizz did see it, and contact them, they would have to first establish which Blizzard was indeed the real Blizzard, which could take time?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Could you list all of these hints and facts? Because I've not seen anything, All we have is a seemingly failed application, apart from that it's just people like you grasping at straws, If you have some actual evidence then I shall eat my hat, But I really doubt you do, All there is at all right now, is speculation.
    Yep I can list most of them

1. Ra'den Quote: "Wait! I am... I am not your enemy. You are powerful, more powerful than he was, even... perhaps you are right. Perhaps there is still hope.
    But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course.
    But you have earned the right to try. Farewell."

2. The Blank Scroll: "Stormwind fell. The orcs reigned supreme. For a time.
    The Dark Portal, left unguarded, was reclaimed by the Burning Legion. Horrors rose from the sea and found no champions left to stop them.
    Azeroth's mountains burned and melted. Its oceans boiled until nothing remained. And all was dark."

(Don't say it could be the legion as well, because after 5.4 the portal is still guarded.)

3. Ozumat: Fiend of the Dark Below as well as the stuff in Vas'hir

4. Erudax, the Duke of Below, who is a Faceless General, and if you know lore, they work for the Old Gods, specifically N'Zoth

5. N'zoth's Constant mentioning in Cata, and we know he's still out there.

6. The Naga and Azshara are still out there, and we know Azshara made a pact with an Old God so that her loyal people would survive and turn into naga.

7. Vashj'ir, that giant whatever the hell its name is thing is being drained for something huge underneath it.

8. http://www.mmoculture.com/wp-content...013-poster.jpg | There's a lot of water in that poster, I wonder why. Thrall being a shaman is not the answer btw. I'll save you the post.

9. Yogg Puzzle Box

10. Could perfectly tie in the Legion expansion after it, with Azshara as last boss trying to use the remains of the Well of Eternity to bring the Burning Legion back. (This is obviously not a hint, just would make sense.)

11. There's more I can't think of right now, but this is more than enough hints at TDB being real

Better get some sauce to choke down that hat
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Deleted
    I've heard that it generally has to do with them preparing materials for Blizzcon.
    Posters and goodie bags and collaboration with Direct TV and such all go on months prior to Blizzcon.
    To the extent that Direct TV actually has a copy of the game announcement trailers prior to announcement.

So in general it's more legally sound to put down a concrete trademark before they send off an order for hundreds of posters and the like.
    Then that sounds like a good reason to trademark the actual thing soon.

10+ Year Old Account

1. Ra'den Quote: "Wait! I am... I am not your enemy. You are powerful, more powerful than he was, even... perhaps you are right. Perhaps there is still hope.
    But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course.
    But you have earned the right to try. Farewell."

2. The Blank Scroll: "Stormwind fell. The orcs reigned supreme. For a time.
    The Dark Portal, left unguarded, was reclaimed by the Burning Legion. Horrors rose from the sea and found no champions left to stop them.
    Azeroth's mountains burned and melted. Its oceans boiled until nothing remained. And all was dark."

(Don't say it could be the legion as well, because after 5.4 the portal is still guarded.)

3. Ozumat: Fiend of the Dark Below as well as the stuff in Vas'hir

4. Erudax, the Duke of Below, who is a Faceless General, and if you know lore, they work for the Old Gods, specifically N'Zoth

5. N'zoth's Constant mentioning in Cata, and we know he's still out there.

6. The Naga and Azshara are still out there, and we know Azshara made a pact with an Old God so that her loyal people would survive and turn into naga.

7. Vashj'ir, that giant whatever the hell its name is thing is being drained for something huge underneath it.

8. http://www.mmoculture.com/wp-content...013-poster.jpg | There's a lot of water in that poster, I wonder why. Thrall being a shaman is not the answer btw. I'll save you the post.

9. Yogg Puzzle Box

10. Could perfectly tie in the Legion expansion after it, with Azshara as last boss trying to use the remains of the Well of Eternity to bring the Burning Legion back. (This is obviously not a hint, just would make sense.)

11. There's more I can't think of right now, but this is more than enough hints at TDB being real

The Dark Portal is more then one way to get into Azeroth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Stop spreading bullshit.

Blizzard hints at the next expansion prior to its release every single time. Yes, Ruby Sanctum DOES count and no the Twilight Dragonflight does not count as a Cata patch - it was a Wrath patch. Whether or not they release an epilogue/prologue patch correlating to a specific number schema is irrelevant. There is always an epilogue and always a prologue, believe it.

You wanna argue the veracity of this filing? Fine. But don't make up shit out of thin air to support your argument, especially when it contains logic-breaking caveats like "Ruby Sanctum technically counts as a Cataclysm patch."
    Name a hint for Wotlk in TBC

Did Ruby Sanctum have anything to do with the Lich King or the Scourge, which WotLK was based around? Yep that's what I though

10+ Year Old Account
    Name a hint for Wotlk in TBC

Did Ruby Sanctum have anything to do with the Lich King or the Scourge, which WotLK was based around? Yep that's what I though
    Tone down the attitude. No need to be rude about this thing.

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's strange that TDB was removed.

But I'm also not saying this proves that Kil'jaedan is the next final boss.

I'll continue saying it's Azshara and TDB until we get a leak on the front page a'la Cata.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Tone down the attitude. No need to be rude about this thing.
    As if I started it? I'll do what I please thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    You're assuming it staying up was Blizzard not addressing it, and not the Trademark office just taking it down whenever they get to it.
    I would assume that the trademark office would not get a call from Blizzard's representative saying it was fake, and then continue to waste personnel on its examination process rather than canceling it, yes.

10+ Year Old Account

While they are good hints, They don't say that the next expac will be N'zoth, they do hint it will come, but not that it will be the next to come, I'll get some sauce ready for my hat just incase, But I'm not eating it just yet:P

10+ Year Old Account
    As if I started it? I'll do what I please thank you
    I don't care. You are being very rude about this stupid trademark thing.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's strange that TDB was removed.

But I'm also not saying this proves that Kil'jaedan is the next final boss.

I'll continue saying it's Azshara and TDB until we get a leak on the front page a'la Cata.
    How about saying you don't know what it is, and that nobody knows but Blizzard?

I bet we see the final trademark registration 1 or 2 weeks before Blizzcon.