Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well my dad had some sort of knee operation done and he was out of work for I think it was at least 3 weeks or so. I think it all depends on the operation. I'd ask your doctor or whoever did the operation.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    I had surgery on my right knee last year (Iliotibial Band was too tight so had to be released). I was signed off work for a month, but full recovery time was around 1.5 months. It really depends on the surgery. I've heard people being off work for 6 months following more severe surgery.

Just rest it, and ask your doc for painkillers. I was on Co-codamol and Tramadol, both of which are very powerful pain killers, but they definatly helped.

The biggest issue you will have is the swelling. Accidentally putting weight/strain on the knee is VERY painful (believe me!). Rest, rest and more rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    I had surgery last night for my Right knee, to fix the damage up thats been causing me problems

So my question is, has anyone ever had knee surgery and if so whats the recovery time you have been told it would take?
    My brother had, but I don't remenber what his problem was. It took him around 3 months I guess, to fully recover.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    because god forbid internet people can't be assistants or doctors either
    i'm speaking from experience on my knee injury/surgery.
    Why not ask the actual surgeon when you're there, hell even BEFORE the actual surgery? Seems like pretty basic stuff to ask.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    Problem is, the OP doesn't ask for medical advice. Knee surgery recovery depends a lot on the damage, the person and the doctor performing it.
    So posts telling him to ask a doctor are kinda trolling and/or missing the point. He's just asking for other people's experience.

OT: Had a torn ACL and meniscus. Had a meniscus removal operation, which was immediatelly effective. I could walk the moment that fucking tube inserted underneath my knee cap was removed (day after the operation). However, my acl is still torn (requires about 6 months of physiotherapy and limited movement, and due to university and work issues I cannot perform it right now. The pcl is also torn but not completely, so I was told that with being cautious not to damage it again I would be fine).
    You'd think a surgeon is the most experienced and qualified person to ask about the surgery he did...

10+ Year Old Account
    i had my gall bladder removed and it was pretty painful waking up with tubes coming out of my chest and vomitting bile.

urgh. knee would be better i bet.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I have had knee surgery, mine are messed up. :P
    Going to wait until we have epic robotic limbs, then i'll blow my pension on that !

My brother had some surgery to one knee recently and he didn't need much time to recover at all. Guess it differs from person to person, and on the injury etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    I had surgery last night for my Right knee, to fix the damage up thats been causing me problems

So my question is, has anyone ever had knee surgery and if so whats the recovery time you have been told it would take?
    Yes I have for a torn meniscus.
    It took 2-4 weeks, at the 4 week mark it still felt weak took about 2 months to feel good again until I re-tore it.