Deleted

Solotank Twin Consorts 10 man Heroic!

Hey guys, im a Prot Paladin and we've had a few Tank problems in our guild, standing alone at the moment in our 13/13 HC guild. We wondering if its doable to solotank Twins HC? Only thing i can understand will be hard is the second phase when Suen is inc, that i have to reset my stacks during p2, so i wont get instagibbed. We have deffo the DPS to burn down the bosses asap, or really low.

But as a Prot Pally, i can just bubble it out once in p2. Any suggestions, we have a really strong team atm, our comp is;

MW Monk
    Disc
    Holy Paladin

Retri
    Fury Warrior
    WM Monk
    Rogue
    Fire Mage
    Hunter
    Lock
    Boomkin
    SP
    Last edited by mmocf9c9920ce0; 2013-08-16 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Adding.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd bubble once and have a soul stone on yourself for the next on. That should get you through P2. Rogue with druid symbiosis can taunt one and act like a tank for something like 30-45 seconds IIRC. Otherwise you're going to have to use your plate DPS/healer to taunt with a CD up so you can reset.

Deleted
    Thanks for the responds, exactly what i was thinking

If a rogue can take the boss for 30-45 sec that should be enough to let your stacks reset. Might need an external CD on the 2nd stack tho.

You can easily solo tank it.

I can take 10 stacks of fan of flames in my guild. Using Vigilance, 2 hand of sacs, 1 iron bark as my outside CDs + my own CDs timed right.

- - - Updated - - -

1: nothing
    2: nothing
    3: nothing
    4: Rally + Demobanner(used for first inferno this hit is after inferno)
    5: Unglyphed DP
    6: Symbi: Barkskin + Hand of Sac + Iron Bark(has to be early to be up later)
    7: Hand of Sac + Your Devo Aura
    8: Unglyphed DP + Vigilance
    9: Guardian + Symbi: Barkskin + Iron Bark
    10: Ardent Defender
    Bubble
    only 2 more hits no cds needed

Thats how I solo tanked our first kill in my pallies guild and still do.

allows me to push basically 300k at the end of the fight and i do around 70m to suen total on fight which is like 20-30m over 2nd place so it helps kill her so you almost dont or dont get an inferno in p3

Edit: looking at your comp you could take 11 stacks lol without worry cuz you have so many cds you can use on you, 4 hand of sacs, monk cacoon, pain sup, and a vigi haha
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2013-08-16 at 09:43 AM.

Our pala tank always solo tanked this.
    It's only about managing cooldowns in p2, only external he needed was 1 pain sup, after second or third comet I think it was.
    There is no reason not to solo tank it, it improves dps a lot as the tank is doing about 320kish and you get an extra dps in too.

Deleted
    Thanks for the big respond Jello! Appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Edit: looking at your comp you could take 11 stacks lol without worry cuz you have so many cds you can use on you, 4 hand of sacs, monk cacoon, pain sup, and a vigi haha
    At the 10 stacks, for some mysterious reason, the boss stops targeting you with fan of flames and will instead hit a random raid member.

You can reset your stacks both with bubble and a taunt / salyin battle-banner after an inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    At the 10 stacks, for some mysterious reason, the boss stops targeting you with fan of flames and will instead hit a random raid member.

You can reset your stacks both with bubble and a taunt / salyin battle-banner after an inferno.
    Good thing I have never tried over 10 stacks then...never had to CDs to try it haha.

Deleted
    Good thing I have never tried over 10 stacks then...never had to CDs to try it haha.
    The thing is, it is survivable for the person it hits. It never hits the same person twice aswell, so it will only make 1 hit attacks to different people. It is not the end of the world. Used that on my monk in normal because I obviously could not bubble of my stacks, I just let it hit random party member, barely hit for 200k in normal anyway, so easily survivable for anyone it hits. Have not tried that in heroic though, how much does fan hit in heroic at 0 stacks? 300k? 350k? Could be a bit tighter in heroic for a random party member to get it. Should still be survivable.

I believe it is 300k before any stacks on boss(that is how i worked my cds basing it off 300k hit + 5-8 stacks the x how many fan of flames) so 300k sounds right.

but if its gonna hit someone I guess there really is no point to not just reset i guess veng is already ticking down from the aoe dot.

Deleted
    but if its gonna hit someone I guess there really is no point to not just reset i guess veng is already ticking down from the aoe dot.
    Yeah, it is more "in case you are not a paladin".

Still find it easier to reset by having a dps taunt with a cd after a nuclear inferno or popping a salyin banner (presuming you are not a paladin and can bubble the stack)