Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The legion and the scourge and all other stuff actually posed a threat to everyone, the Evil horde will just turn on the rebels first and THEN it might attack the Alliance. In wich case the alliance, with good timing, can strike just after one of the hordes has obliterated the other and is trying to stabilize. In the meantime, while they wait, they will ammass forces for swift and decisive strike. After that both hordes are done and alliance can live in peace.

Ofcouse that wont happen, cause lol game. But It makes the story seem bad.
    Might attack the Alliance? WTF? Garrosh's whole thing has been about destroying the Alliance. There's even that vision thing of him attacking Stormwind. And he nuked Theramore to destroy many of the Alliance's strongest warriors. He ordered the invasion of Gilneas so he'd have a strong naval base in EK (from which to attack the Alliance). Wrathion was even rooting for Garrosh to crush the Alliance. So IDK where you're getting that Garrosh might attack the Alliance.

Just ignore all the examples I gave where not teaming up just makes things worse. The rebellion couldn't even last a few days without the Alliance's help, how the fuck are they going to inflict these heavy casualties on Garrosh's Horde on their own? Did you forget that the Alliance already tried to attack Orgrimmar on their own? They got their asses handed to them and he didn't even have super Sha powers back then.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-18 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    In a game with 2 factions, one side still doesn't deserve more attention than the other. Also, Deadman Walking is a prime example who just ignores everything we say and says 'deal with it'
    Vanilla BC and WotLK wasnt enough for you people? horde has had Cata and MoP Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    Apparently Alliance players should be - at least according to MMO-champ's vocal Hordie minority - thankful that WoW's developement team ALLOWED their Alliance-aligned toons to participate in this raid. Case in point - numerous posts arguing that Alliance has no business there and their presence is completely out of place and degrading to the players of other faction - plus additonal arguments about Blizzard forcing Alliance players where they shouldn't have been allowed.

Case in point:

...and it has been posted while I was readying myself to type this post.

Personally, a sole fact that they get to help dispose of a tyrant that is a threat to every non-orcish race [go read "Blank Scroll" on official WoW pages. It is more widely accessible than Christie's drivel.] would have been enough for me... if it wasn't for the fact that WoW developement team has no idea how to lift Alliance and its leaders [with the possible exception of Mekkatorque] from the bottomless pits of generic, dull, cliched 'goodie' fantasy factions. From Alliance side, SoO looks like a spark of fun that lingers at the end of an atrociously dull, a month+ or-so long, textureless meal.
    Oh yes we should be GRATEFUL we're ALLOWED to take down the tyrant that's been attacking us for two expansions now. Garrosh is NOT a 'horde' storyline considering we've been fighting him since long before the rebellion started.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    Vanilla BC and WotLK wasnt enough for you people? horde has had Cata and MoP Deal with it.
    ...because content [as in: gameplay value of thereof - NOT literal quantity] imbalance for one faction in the past implies that the only way to make it 'right' is to create content imbalance for that OTHER faction now.

Are you enjoying increasingly longer pvp queues, my hordie 'friend'? They will be even longer as more 'Alliance crybabies' will take their monies elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    I'm sure you and the... how many million Mass Effect fans felt the same way about ME3?
    I have never played that game. I'm simply someone from an international company that has policies that don't change simply because someone demands that they get exactly what they want simply because they paid for the service the company I work for provides. There are simply things that aren't guaranteed just because you paid a company a fee.

In the case of Blizzard satisfaction with the storyline isn't something they guarantee with the WoW product. They try to provide the best gaming experience they can to the most people. That is all they guarantee.

Apparently Alliance players should be - at least according to MMO-champ's vocal Hordie minority - thankful that WoW's developement team ALLOWED their Alliance-aligned toons to participate in this raid. Case in point - numerous posts arguing that Alliance has no business there and their presence is completely out of place and degrading to the players of other faction - plus additonal arguments about Blizzard forcing Alliance players where they shouldn't have been allowed.
    No no it's the other way around soo is designed for alliance and are the horde players being allowed to partecipate in this patch with the rebels expedient; and yes alliance has no business there blizzard could have designed a scenario where the horde players help vol'jin and thrall liberating orgrimmar, detroning garrosh and at the end he could have escaped to the vale with it's followers introducing the raid.
    Garrosh expelled from the horde by horde players finally neutral and then killed maybe by the hands of an Alliance hero jaina for example, all without involving orgrimmar, the horde and with a raid that isn't a fanservice to one faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Im Alliance and this has been my favorite xpac so far. Also Im kinda happy with SoO get to take over Org ^.^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    No no it's the other way around soo is designed for alliance and are the horde players being allowed to partecipate in this patch with the rebels expedient; and yes alliance has no business there blizzard could have designed a scenario where the horde players help vol'jin and thrall liberating orgrimmar, detroning garrosh and at the end he could have escaped to the vale with it's followers introducing the raid.
    Garrosh expelled from the horde by horde players finally neutral and then killed maybe by the hands of an Alliance hero jaina for example, all without involving orgrimmar, the horde and with a raid that isn't a fanservice to one faction.
    Like I already said: Alliance players that are content with this state of things will remain and marvel at what has been provided to them. The rest - will further extend your already looooooong PvP queues by leaving the game for greener pastures.

This is a state of things that corrects itself after a while.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterPerpetual View Post
    Im Alliance and this has been my favorite xpac so far. Also Im kinda happy with SoO get to take over Org ^.^
    Alliance doesn't get to "take over". You get to help kill Garrosh and then you just leave with your hands empty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Lol. You really haven't been paying attention to the story at all have you? Garrosh and his Kor'Kron goonies are too powerful and lack any moral fiber meaning they will commit atrocities to stay in power of the Horde. Garrosh has, among other things, killed hundreds of innocents to eliminate 2-3 dissidents. (see Razor Hill inn bombing in ToW) When you're fighting extremely powerful, ultra radical, racist, bigoted, terrorists with a heavily fortified central base you will lose 90% of the time unless you have the numbers to outlast/overwhelm your enemy. I'm sorry, but a small task force of Vol'Jin, Thrall and a small band of adventurers wouldn't cut it in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I already said: Alliance players that are content with this state of things will remain and marvel at what has been provided to them. The rest - will further extend your already looooooong PvP queues by leaving the game for greener pastures.

This is a state of things that corrects itself after a while.
    The amount of people quitting because of a horde centric storyline (I don't agree with this sentiment) is very minute.

Great. Another giant post raging about nothing. /Rolleyes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Alliance doesn't get to "take over". You get to help kill Garrosh and then you just leave with your hands empty.
    It kinda is a temporal take over, and you get to go out with tons of loot.

The alliance is actually looting Orgrimmar. That's fine with me, just leave the spikes, there aren't enough as it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Great. Another giant post raging about nothing. /Rolleyes
    Great. Another near-empty post whining about whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post

The alliance is actually looting Orgrimmar. That's fine with me, just leave the spikes, there aren't enough as it is.
    Sounds... rather ugly and counter-efficient. Venetians had it easier as architectural details looted from Constantinople blended well with their own architecture... SW - on the other hand - isn't going to look much better with tribal spikes slapped in-between marble and regular stonework.
    Last edited by mmocbbd6f38251; 2013-08-18 at 11:54 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    It kinda is a temporal take over, and you get to go out with tons of loot.

So do you. Is looting the bosses considered the same as "looting" Ogrimmar now?

...because content [as in: gameplay value of thereof - NOT literal quantity] imbalance for one faction in the past implies that the only way to make it 'right' is to create content imbalance for that OTHER faction now.

Are you enjoying increasingly longer pvp queues, my hordie 'friend'? They will be even longer as more 'Alliance crybabies' will take their monies elsewhere.
    one sides imbalanced so they make the other side imbalanced. thus its balanced. also Ques arent getting any longer on NA servers. i guess all the crybabies arent from NA servers? or maybe noones "taking their monies elsewhere."?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    one sides imbalanced so they make the other side imbalanced. thus its balanced. also Ques arent getting any longer on NA servers. i guess all the crybabies arent from NA servers? or maybe noones "taking their monies elsewhere."?
    I wonder how are you going to explain this to a hypothetical newcomer to WoW genre who will be left wondering: "Why the mistakes of developers in the past regarding other faction HAVE TO translate into less fun for me NOW".

You can leave all this 'historical justice' bullshit to whatever revanchist community you stumble upon - don't try to argue in favour of it being a presumed element of business practice of a video game maker.

I'll throw in and say that, in general, I'm very disappointed in the way the story works out. People told me that Alliance wins in Ashenvale. When I go to Ashenvale, I see scenes like:

There is a night elf town. Outside are dozens of orcs with seige engines. Inside are wounded sentinels. There is a quest giver right at the entrance of the main building.
    > Talk to Quest Giver
    "Oh, these Furbolgs have been acting up! Can you go and fuck around with their town? It's like a mile north of here, lemme mark it on the map!"

This is not any manner of exaggeration, even if the phrasing is sarcastic. I literally never even find out what's going on with all these orcs and injured. It's like they didn't even bother making the Ally quests until the zero hour, and they are ENTIRELY unrelated to what is going on- that's a vanilla quest that they managed to keep or whatever. The bitch giving me this quest has seige weaponry landing in melee range. But something something furbolg?

I've been told that Alliance win Ashenvale. But I played through a lot of those quests, and I don't see that. I never chase the horde out. I never see a cinema where it's announced. The lowbie experience is awful- Cata utterly destroyed it, and the one time I have been through on an alt since then is far too much for me. And I'm SURE we don't win anywhere else. And I'm sure when I leave an area, all I see is horde inches away from blowing everything the fuck up.

The Alliance lose city after city. Our transportation and questing zones, already kind of screwy, make absolutely no fucking sense now. The few alliance victories- if you can call them that- barely count, transpire entitrely at max level, and leave no lasting impression. Dalaran? Still full of horde. Sunreavers? Apparently able to fight BOTH the Kirin Tor and the good-elfy types we can't roll because you might get confused on the model when you see a Pandaren in the distance and not know the faction. Wait, shit. Elf. That example was only true with Elf. Ignore it for Pandas. How did they get so strong? Shouldn't Dalaran be hanging out as an Alliance-only thing near Pandaria or something by now? This fucking seige should have that thing over Orgimmar dropping mana bombs down Garrosh's throat.

The devs really and truly are interested in telling a horde story. The Alliance is an afterthought, in story, in pve, and in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they're building up why Alliance should hate Garrosh for going berserk conquest mode and taking all the Alliance lands... Something has to break the boring treaty that came from WotLK. People wanted more war in WoW. Alliance aren't supposed to be the kind of people who start wars and go super berserk conquest mode, so guess who have to be the instigators?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-19 at 02:14 AM.

I wonder how are you going to explain this to a hypothetical newcomer to WoW genre who will be left wondering: "Why the mistakes of developers in the past regarding other faction HAVE TO translate into less fun for me NOW".

You can leave all this 'historical justice' bullshit to whatever revanchist community you stumble upon - don't try to argue in favour of it being a presumed element of business practice of a video game maker.
    Less fun because your not the star of the show? lets pretend for a second Azeroth isnt an evolving world. lets start by explaining why the alliance has so many Vanilla Territories. then lets start by explaining to them that the barrens used to be Whole and all Horde, and that you had to carry your mounts in your bags and have Reagents.

Lets also assume the Game stops at MoP so all these Mistakes of developers never gets balanced. THEN lets pretend they give you capped level so you never have to see the 1->90 level experience to see the "historical" injustices that the POOR alliance has to face.

And "Mr. Expert of Video Game Making Practices". Explain to us lesser folks how 1) its more cost effective to recruit New players in a 10 year old Dated MMO that only 50% (give or take) will be Alliance to see these "injustices" and 2) how you plan on keeping the other 50% (Horde) players around because 50% (alliance) is upset they arent the ones on top of the "Azerothian Justice", and because they arent on top the game cant be balanced?
    Last edited by TheRickyB; 2013-08-19 at 02:08 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both sides need decent story telling that makes logical sense, in order to serve in the best interests of the game.

At the moment, that isn't happening because it's all about the Horde. Horde players with any sense, would want to see this as well, because hey, you can't expect to stomp Alliance in the next expansion as well. That would be, well, unreasonable. Sometimes I get the sense that Horde players enjoy being topdog a bit too much, and are kind of jealous because people who play the other half of the story need some attention as well. Kind of selfish, if you ask me.

It can't be all about you, Horde.