Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm fine with taking garroshs head

thats all that matters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Oh gosh I dont know, anything that involves actual effort, instead of going from a powerful mage, to a mage who can level Orgrimmar, to the leader of Dalaran within the time span of less than a year roughly. At least when they made Thrall use the dragonsoul they had him concentrating and mastering his power for years beforehand, and even after all that hes still not as allegedly powerful as Jaina.

She just randomly becomes this goddess of magic overnight.
    Well I guess dropping a highly magic potent device on a person already advanced in magical attunement does have a possitive effect on that given person if s/he manages to survive right? If it helps at all please think of her as WoW's equivalent of hulk. Now the effort part. I dunno man, I think all that time stopping oneself from beingly openly hostile to horde while being officially enemies does take a toll on one's mind and personality dont you think. I dont think it was something she just shrugged of and didnt put effort to deal with over all those years. It takes a lot of effort to stop yourself from doing things for a greater cause you know.

I think I know what your beef is so I can safely say this: She dealt with enough crap as weakling to become strong now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    In a game with 2 factions, one side still doesn't deserve more attention than the other. Also, Deadman Walking is a prime example who just ignores everything we say and says 'deal with it'
    Well the only thing who seems to satisfy some is to completey wipe the Horde or Orgrimmar. That won't happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    But Jaina is not capable of doing anything of that magnitude without the Focusing Iris, and Kalecgos gave the Focusing Iris to the Kirin Tor for protection and preservation, not for be used like a weapon (like Garrosh did). Recklessly abusing the faith of the former Dragon Aspect and using a power that not belong to them for destroy their enemy isn't something that can be called an "Alliance's asset".

Anyway the best thing of this is that even they would do something crazy like that, all that they would achieve is a shameful mass-murder (unless the civilians wouldn't be evacuated at that time, but we don't know for sure) because the majority of Garrosh's "ultimate army" is underground, in the Underhold.
    Frankly my friend... Jaina is really close to not giving a fuck anymore. Betrayal and War walk along just fine and I presume Jaina is fed up with all this moral crap she been holding onto since Battle for Mount Hyjal. Everyone has their limits when it comes to paitiance after all. Besides Garrosh cant hide underground forever. Jaina could very easily camp him and start attrition warfare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    Less fun because your not the star of the show? lets pretend for a second Azeroth isnt an evolving world. lets start by explaining why the alliance has so many Vanilla Territories. then lets start by explaining to them that the barrens used to be Whole and all Horde, and that you had to carry your mounts in your bags and have Reagents.

Lets also assume the Game stops at MoP so all these Mistakes of developers never gets balanced. THEN lets pretend they give you capped level so you never have to see the 1->90 level experience to see the "historical" injustices that the POOR alliance has to face.

And "Mr. Expert of Video Game Making Practices". Explain to us lesser folks how 1) its more cost effective to recruit New players in a 10 year old Dated MMO that only 50% (give or take) will be Alliance to see these "injustices" and 2) how you plan on keeping the other 50% (Horde) players around because 50% (alliance) is upset they arent the ones on top of the "Azerothian Justice", and because they arent on top the game cant be balanced?
    Apparently it was fine for the likes of you to whine about Vanilla's 'Alliance bias'. Why is it so that as soon as the tables turn around the likes of you are eager to educate a side with a content less fun and engaging to "get used to it, imbalance in such games is perfectly natural"?

World of Warcraft has evolved in its systems, graphics, minor engines and models since that stage zero - arguing that "the game is old" and thus it "cannot support new players/returning ones" is a load of bollocks. Three full vast stages went by before the subs started dropping like crazy.

PLUS: Why the hell all of you cretins - both Alliance and Hordies - believe that giving fun content to one side automatically implicates that the same cannot be done for the other simultaneously to provide roughly equal satisfaction from explored content? Why the hell all of you are so far up your backside that both sides of argument believe that "Okay! you had your turn at the favoritism cycle, now it is our turn to be in favour while you get less amusement out of your content pile" is a valid practice endorsed by Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    Apparently Alliance players should be - at least according to MMO-champ's vocal Hordie minority - thankful that WoW's developement team ALLOWED their Alliance-aligned toons to participate in this raid. Case in point - numerous posts arguing that Alliance has no business there and their presence is completely out of place and degrading to the players of other faction - plus additonal arguments about Blizzard forcing Alliance players where they shouldn't have been allowed.

Case in point:

...and it has been posted while I was readying myself to type this post.

Personally, a sole fact that they get to help dispose of a tyrant that is a threat to every non-orcish race [go read "Blank Scroll" on official WoW pages. It is more widely accessible than Christie's drivel.] would have been enough for me... if it wasn't for the fact that WoW developement team has no idea how to lift Alliance and its leaders [with the possible exception of Mekkatorque] from the bottomless pits of generic, dull, cliched 'goodie' fantasy factions. From Alliance side, SoO looks like a spark of fun that lingers at the end of an atrociously dull, a month+ or-so long, textureless meal.
    You just called Christie Golden a bad writer. Your opinions on good story have just been rendered moot.

I cannot decide.
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    Why cant alliance just merge remaining horde members to alliance? They have mutual enemies in all fronts, and lets face it, at this point horde exists only because alliance allows them. Also, horde and alliance have been working together so many times I cant even count it anymore. They are brothers in arms, they should just join together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    You just called Christie Golden a bad writer. Your opinions on good story have just been rendered moot.
    "Boooo-hoooo - someone doesn't like the writer I admire! Quick! Let's go to the internet to imply that having such opinion means he has no taste!"

I had the misfortune to read a couple of her WoW books:

->fully incapable of writing a convincing image of an ancient, advanced race; [apparently entire thousands of years worth of experience still were not enough for Velen to speak something more subtle than "hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr your most sacred mountain is a burnt-out wreckage of our glorious spaceship that is only infested with your ancestral spirits because our Naaru made it so!" in a moment that decided whether his race will be spared or not.]

->captain obvious-tier of descriptions;

->cannot write a good female character to save her life. Her depictions of WoW's women makes them into frail barbie dolls that require a hand of their man-god to make even a single step. This ranks lower than Knaak's drivel - and THAT is quite an achievement.

->butchering of personality developement for vital characters. Case in point: a dead horsie is all it took for Arthas to become what he became. Before that tragic accident he seemingly had no interests in anything that doesn't even remotely involve a horse.

"Cycle of Hatred" is the best WoW book I have read so far. Pity that WoW fandom hates it enough for Blizzard to pursue current path of mediocre writing.
    Last edited by mmocbbd6f38251; 2013-08-19 at 12:32 PM.

Not this shit again. We'd had half our leaders killed or removed over the past 2 expansions and yet you fucks still get your panties in a bunch over "attention" and you still get to kill the one true Warchief of the horde. Probably the only way you can do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Not this shit again.
    Said like a true Whored.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Why cant alliance just merge remaining horde members to alliance? They have mutual enemies in all fronts, and lets face it, at this point horde exists only because alliance allows them. Also, horde and alliance have been working together so many times I cant even count it anymore. They are brothers in arms, they should just join together.
    I like letting Brann die. And the Alliance sure as fuck doesn't "allow" us to exist in as much as I allow you to exist.

Deleted
    Do you agree Cataclysm was a "Horde expansion" because of Thrall's frequent presence?.
    I consider it a neutral expansion because for every Thrall appearance we had others by Malfurian Stormrage / Brann Bronzebeard /indiana jones /Budd and other human friends.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    They screwed the Horde over and over, force them to have reasons to kill its own people. The Alliance never needed a reason to invade Orgrimmar, since that was their purpose of the faction war anyway.
    Pfffft... Screwed? I wanted to strangle stupid prick since TBC and Wrath. 5.4 is the best Horde story for years.

Deleted
    I'll never understand this kind of tribalism in wow.

It's an interesting storyline, the Sha of Pride, Garrosh, betrayal and revolution, redemption? ... Easy ways to axe content around the over-arching story. Good stuff really that I'm more interested in seeing than some Mogu I had no real interest in.

Why can't we all just be along for the ride and not get caught up in all this BS. (It's almost as bad as the people complaining that there was Alliance bias for 5.2 since Jaina got the staff of Lei Shen and all horde got was Animus blood.)
    (Or Theramore; it was an interesting storyline, seeing how far gone Garrosh was getting, and how Jaina would react; not to mention getting rid of raptorman; but people just HAD to turn it into a fanboy war.)

Also, I don't think Horde are gonna be in great shape for the next expac after such a war effort and a change in leadership / loss of life.

Interesting story for better implemented game mechanics is what matters, not the fact that some people feel like their faction deserves more time in the limelight.
    If some had their way it would be a one faction game.

Deleted
    Not this shit again. We'd had half our leaders killed or removed over the past 2 expansions and yet you fucks still get your panties in a bunch over "attention" and you still get to kill the one true Warchief of the horde. Probably the only way you can do it.
    Oh look - - yet ANOTHER person tries to determine the non-existent 'favoritism cycle' by juggling around a handful of lore characters that are seen for a grand total of five minutes during one expansion or the other!

If gushing over immobile, non-responsive lore 'celebrities' was the only legitimate idea of in-game fun and immersion, I wouldn't have went Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Also, I don't think Horde are gonna be in great shape for the next expac after such a war effort and a change in leadership / loss of life.
    This isn't real life - where war turmoil forces the next generation to live in squalor left by forebearers.
    Last edited by mmocbbd6f38251; 2013-08-19 at 01:15 PM.

Terrible story telling is WOW is nothing new OP, nor is alliance getting the shaft in the grand scheme of the game.

You're dead on and I agree with you OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    Oh look - - yet ANOTHER person tries to determine the non-existent 'favoritism cycle' by juggling around a handful of lore characters that are seen for a grand total of five minutes during one expansion or the other!
    Thrall = Magni Bronzebeard
    Cairne Bloodhoof = ?
    Garrosh Hellscream = ?
    General Nazgrim = ?
    Dranosh Saurfang = General Marcus Jonathan

Alliance then "gains" Moira, Falstad, and Muradin.

All while we lose our Capital City? Very easy to see this is Alliance slanted.

Deleted
    Thrall = Magni Bronzebeard
    Cairne Bloodhoof = ?
    Garrosh Hellscream = ?
    General Nazgrim = ?
    Dranosh Saurfang = General Marcus Jonathan

Alliance then "gains" Moira, Falstad, and Muradin.

All while we lose our Capital City? Very easy to see this is Alliance slanted.
    Just stop trying to form an arguement when it's already been proven wrong on every occasion.

Okay, let me edit this, since i reminded myself i should probably keep things more civil, so I reconsider my initial approach on talking with you the way you think everyone was talking to you and just cut it down to the actual moral i try to bring to you... Except that i like to point out that, if it had been Stormwind that would be raided by the Horde to take down Varian, i am convinced you would cause the exact same discussion as you do right now, with some details changed, because that's exactly what happened countless times before on various cases... The point is not that one faction is anybodys favorite... the fact is simply that a few people can't get enough attention, and feel they deserve more whenever the other side gets a bit of it...

Realize that what you feel is unfair is likely just your subjective imagination. With all due respect, don't tell me you are objective here, because if you truely were, you would sit down and say "Oh, let's see what goes on in the Story." because that's the real point, and also with mentioned respect, the majority of the people complaing about the Storyline being stupid or making no sense have proofen to be ignorant on it since they just fly over quest-texts and dialogs, never visited a wiki, red a book let alone never have written a story in their entire life, which is not an insult, but just a hint to how... justified their opinions probably are. The bigger Picture is the following: Yes, currently the Horde gets the focus after it stomped over Pandaria without care, but they are the evil people, not the brave heroes. The good ones are the Alliance, who goes in to destroy the evil that is the new horde. The wise soldiers that see that there is a resistance that fights this evil and let's them proceed, even aids them to fight for their freedom even though they were enemys, and in the End, when Garrosh is dead or in chains it will be the Alliance stepping out of the dust, with the rebellion behind them which will be owe them a huge deal for all of this... and i doubt this will just drop...
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2013-08-19 at 03:30 PM. Reason: I reminded myself to try keeping it civil!
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.