Question I love WoW, the gaming, the lore. How to avoid addiction? Help!

Hey guys,

I play WoW since 2007, and between breaks, I always been around WoW and the community heavly.
    I have an empty space in my life when not playing it, like, the times when you know you would love
    been playing, when its raining or when you have nothing else to do.

However, I am working alot for almost a year and I been having hard times lately on keeping up with
    a regular full time sleeping and attention to my boyfriend becouse of WoW.

I quit a few days ago and I basically fell like missing something inside, the community and all.
    I mean, have you ever been here where I am now? and if yes, what you have done to live better with it?

I just want to WoW when I have nothing else to do, I do not want to WoW when I got my boyfriend around
    or when I want to watch a movie instead. It seens simple but its not.

Help please.

But.. I am a rogue.

I quit on a permanent basis back in like March. Prior to that I was barely a part time scrub, literally just there to keep the GM seat warm in my guild until I could find someone to do it.

I don't miss it one bit. You'll get over it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    It is a little thing called discipline, it is what stops many people eating or drinking themselves to death.

If it is like it was for me. Takes a week or two, and then you forget about wow, unless you have absolutely nothing to do in your life. But since you have work/BF, i guess you have other things to occupy yourself with ^^
    Usually quitting wow towards the end of an expansion and returning again. Never really missing it, but glad to be back when i am :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually managed to avoid addiction because of school. High School in my country (specially the place I go) is kinda harsh, so I end up having to completely turn off WoW for almost a month when P3 (finals) are coming up.

Maybe you have to look for something similar... Try to occupy yourself with something else that takes you away from it. I know that in my case it was kinda obligatory (although I raid when I'm not close to finals), but I believe you can also do it with another activity that isn't studying.

--

Also, this:

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    It is a little thing called discipline, it is what stops many people eating or drinking themselves to death.
    Best thing you can do is try to control yourself and maybe even set up some schedules (if it comes to this point). You have to discipline yourself in-game, no need to quit. Just focus on checking the time and trying to stay as little as possible in Wow and more with your bf or else.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Playing computer games when you don't have anything better to do is a good rule, but that means you need to have better things to do most of the time, that way it actually remains interesting and fun when you do play. So find other things to do during your pastime, if you lack the self discipline to stay away from it get a timer and set a number of hours per week when you allow yourself to play. Once computer games start to have a negative effect on other more important things it's time to stop. Playing too much computer games can be a health risk.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...