Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchy3 View Post
    They need to make EVERY ABILITY IN THE GAME, do exactly what c smash does in pvp. That was they can balance it better because TONS of us give zero damn about the pvp aspect of this game. Make said ability do THIS in pvp, yet still do THIS in a pve environment. They think it's a complicated matter but if they would hire better people this game could get balanced better and increase subs.
    I believe they have the developers for the task but if I recall from past blue posts they said it would become too confusing for new players with every ability doing different things in PvE/PvP.
    It's not that I disagree with you, it would solve alot of things but one can hope they end up doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    You're very gullible aren't you? You honestly think between now and August 27 hunters will receive proper PvE buffs? Lore already made it clear that they did all that they planned to do to compensate for the nerfs. Buffs most likely won't be received until weeks after 5.4 release and it'll prolly just be a hawk buff like always.
    Taken from the posted thread:
    Posted by Cortland
    2. It was acknowledged that Hunter DPS was low and that this would be specifically addressed

We're still monitoring performance and tuning appropriately, and that will continue. It's important to remember that changes to other classes will have an effect on where you stand in overall performance. Comparing 5.4 PTR Hunter DPS to, say, 5.3 Fire Mage DPS would be silly, as Fire has been brought down considerably.
    Reading comprehension is fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merchy3 View Post
    They need to make EVERY ABILITY IN THE GAME, do exactly what c smash does in pvp. That was they can balance it better because TONS of us give zero damn about the pvp aspect of this game. Make said ability do THIS in pvp, yet still do THIS in a pve environment. They think it's a complicated matter but if they would hire better people this game could get balanced better and increase subs.
    I disagree with you whole heartedly. The game is set up to make the transition from PvE to PvP nearly seamless. I for one wouldn't bother with PvP if this was the case because keeping all of the abilities across all 3 specs of my class straight would be a huge confusing mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    In that case, didn't the top mage DPS spec just get a heavy nerf?
    Yes it did, now number one dps spot belongs to... wait for it.... Arcane! Followed by..? none other than frost!

I wouldn't mind if MM performed poor at low gear levels and then scaled up to God-mode at higher gear levels, then we received a nerf because if you stacked us we could significantly reduce the length of an encounter.

I wouldn't mind if my BM spec wasn't so mobile but on stationary fights allowed me destroy the dmg meters. (Arcane is stronger than Fire even on live, it's less played because it is less mobile than Fire.)

And I wouldnt mind if my survival spec gave me all the mobility of frost, applied an auto snare, offered consistent stable HIGH dps from low gear levels all the way to high gear levels and then on top of that my Mastery got buffed for the upcoming patch, I wouldn't mind it all.
    Last edited by mmoc877b2d3d8f; 2013-08-19 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things have already been suggested only to be shot down with the answer "Indeed, that's something we're planning to do; and as I mentioned when I first brought it up, that'll happen sometime after 5.4."
    Which means they feel the class needs an overhaul of some form in some area. I have a feeling Hunter traps, other utility abilities, and the spec outlines will be revamped in 6.0.

Personally that's not how I read it - I saw "adjustments to directly offset readiness were done and over with, but 'We're still monitoring performance and tuning appropriately, and that will continue' ". Not that I actually believe them that any changes/buffs will come our way, but I don't believe it's fair to interpret Lore's words in this specific situation in that way.

Inc. everyone jumping down my throat. Wheeeeeeeeee
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Personally that's not how I read it - I saw "adjustments to directly offset readiness were done and over with, but 'We're still monitoring performance and tuning appropriately, and that will continue' ". Not that I actually believe them that any changes/buffs will come our way, but I don't believe it's fair to interpret Lore's words in this specific situation in that way.

Inc. everyone jumping down my throat. Wheeeeeeeeee
    We jump down the throat of people who post crap like this because it's always "oh just wait a LITTLE MORE..." There are people who, next Monday, will be telling us that it's not live yet.

FUCK. THAT. In a months long PTR cycle they can damn well get buffs and balancing done earlier. If they don't have the internal tools that allow that they need to start firing some devs. What Lore means is that we might see a buff after weeks or months go by and reality has finally rubbed enough crap in their face that even they can figure out that we've been right all along.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    No more buffs, number tweaking is not buffing or nerfing... so wait till the numbers are done, ffs

Deleted
    don't worry guys. they already planned the aoth-hotfix to 50% for the 29th october.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Taken from the posted thread:

Reading comprehension is fun.
    And you fail to grasp the problem. Lore brushes aside our argument because a few people are comparing to Fire mage.

We are Mediocre at best and still fall behind (both live and PTR) Arcane, Frost, Affliction, Demonology and now by the looks of PTR Assassination, DK, Balance druid and Shadow Priest. We bring ZER0 utility, weaker survivability than ALL aforementioned specs/classes (except maybe DK). Despite tweaks to other classes OUR class remains retarded i.e. there are no more changes coming to Hunter, no compensation for the nerfs we have received, this is confirmed to us by Lore's post! All we have is a crap reply saying don't compare your dps to an absurdly broken spec. WELL WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER SPECS/CLASSES THAT EXCEED THE HUNTER CLASS IN EVERY ASPECT? (no pun intended)

Comprehend that.

For those of you pushing the argument number tweaking is not over. There leaves no alternative other than the AoTH band-aid, which personally I find unacceptable.
    Last edited by mmoc877b2d3d8f; 2013-08-19 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Inb4 number tweaking argument

Its frustrating as fuck to listen to people who has no clue of how things work, try to call us out on whining about something that is entirely fucking justified.
    Good post, its incredibily frustrating that ppl with no clue tell us off saying things are fine as they are. It hasnt been fine and it wont be fine, by the looks of it. Every argument has been said a billion times by now, I ''stole'' a few from other hunters myself, and you still have people claiming we are good based on nothing or bad arguments. INstead of discussing the issues of the class etc I've seen more posts about flaming why our issues are not a problem.

On the blue statement, well, can only say I'm disappointed. Doesnt seem likely we'll get any fix to me, if that wasnt obvious already. 5.5 is something to look foward to I suppose. Warm the bench meanwhile, soak a couple of items during farm. If only they could put out real changes, for pve, instead of blindly deleting readiness and buffing a 1-2 abilities to compensate, nerfing deterrence in the process.
    Last edited by Donkeywing; 2013-08-19 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    We jump down the throat of people who post crap like this because it's always "oh just wait a LITTLE MORE..." There are people who, next Monday, will be telling us that it's not live yet.

FUCK. THAT. In a months long PTR cycle they can damn well get buffs and balancing done earlier. If they don't have the internal tools that allow that they need to start firing some devs. What Lore means is that we might see a buff after weeks or months go by and reality has finally rubbed enough crap in their face that even they can figure out that we've been right all along.
    You do know that the numbers pass is always the final phase of the PTR right? It only just started last week. DK's are still getting numbers tweaks (by tweaks i mean 18% buffs to specs 0.o) so there is a chance that you may get a buff some time soon. Alternatively, you may just need to wait for 6.0 and the class revamp to see a significant class and damage change.

I doubt they'll change the way they do their PTRs because some people are impatient.

Deleted
    Which means they feel the class needs an overhaul of some form in some area. I have a feeling Hunter traps, other utility abilities, and the spec outlines will be revamped in 6.0.
    ^- let me tell u 5.0 was da same shit. in beta they tried, failed and reverted change... nothing will change.

- - - Updated - - -

and can someone upvote http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9678718556?page=1 ? :<

- - - Updated - - -

eu sucks balls :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkets View Post
    ^- let me tell u 5.0 was da same shit. in beta they tried, failed and reverted change... nothing will change.
    The same happened to DKs... We then fell to the bottom of the simcraft list... Now we're getting band-aid fixes. Here's to hoping they fix both our classes...

I think it's funny how they make a lot of abilities does x amount of damage in pve but make them do less in pvp (Chaos bolt 40% less dmg in pvp, stampede do 100% in pve but 25% in pvp come patch 5.4 etc) so why can't they buff hunter abilities but give it a lesser effect if used in pvp?

Deleted
    I think it's funny how they make a lot of abilities does x amount of damage in pve but make them do less in pvp (Chaos bolt 40% less dmg in pvp, stampede do 100% in pve but 25% in pvp come patch 5.4 etc) so why can't they buff hunter abilities but give it a lesser effect if used in pvp?
    cuz scaling would still sucks :>

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that the numbers pass is always the final phase of the PTR right? It only just started last week. DK's are still getting numbers tweaks (by tweaks i mean 18% buffs to specs 0.o) so there is a chance that you may get a buff some time soon. Alternatively, you may just need to wait for 6.0 and the class revamp to see a significant class and damage change.

I doubt they'll change the way they do their PTRs because some people are impatient.
    You do know we're ONE WEEK from live, right? It's idiotic to do a numbers pass that late. Then again, it's Blizzard.

BTW, the bold part is what pisses me off. Consider this - every person that raids as a hunter and plays for, say, 18 months at the US sub rate of $15/month is paying $270 THIS EXPANSION. It's simply criminal of Blizzard to play the "we'll fix this next expansion" bullshit when people pay that much.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-08-19 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    bringing all buffs to casual 10 man raids
    The hilarious part is the Hunter is useless in a good 10 man raid comp, in the buffs aspect I mean. AoE Sunder is the only unique pet/debuff we have, and that's being thrown to Rogues.

Deleted
    All Blizzard has to do is increase mastery scaling by at least 50% then we will be a little better. Mastery for us is really bad, we completely ignore it and reforge crit and haste from it. This should change, if we had more scaling SV will get a nice dps boost same for our BM pets.

Deleted
    Edit: Indeed a 4% dps nerf for hutners, ridicilous.

Don't think this is "no buff", 4-5% dps buff is nice considering many others got nerfed. PVE wise, they are in a not so bad spot, though the question is why warlocks and mages and rogues dominate damage done and hunter perform on a mid pack level even after those buffs.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2013-08-19 at 09:31 PM.