Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's too many threads in history of being about how boring/bad this game is or just in general complaining about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Unsubscribed along with the rest of the 700,000 a couple quarters ago.

It wasnt just the valor cap thing, it was several factors, and the lacking excitement was one of them.
    So why are you here? You have barely played 5.3 and given when you have supposedly quit the game you more than likelly don't have access to the PTR. In short, you are posting ignorant crap as usual with absolutely nothing to back it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    In TBC it was:

-get attuned
    - do raids
    - get exalted

What exactly changed?
    you have more stuff you can do now ? I dunno man... it seems like people think you had so much to do back then, like so many different activities... when in fact you only had raiding and bgs/arenas... hunting for rares was mostly useless since they yielded nothing useful, proffs were pretty easy to max, not many people had alts back then cause it took way more time getting prepared to raid on 1 toon(whether because of attunements or farming for mats for potions/elixirs...)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    WoW is a long grind to the cap, then another long grind to gear up for your endgame. Then Endgame turns out to be just another long grind toward the anointed final boss.

Yeah, the game needs more excitement to keep players from getting bored with the constant grind.
    Posts like these are absolutely hilarious given how TBC is treated as a sacred and holy religion. The game was far grindier back then than it is now. It is only a grinding game if you make it one so that makes it a player created issue and not a game design flaw.

The game does have an artificial arcade feel to it now. Achievements, Dailies, "Rare" Spawns, and Difficulties (LFR, Flex, Normal, and Heroic) are all artificial. The first time you run the content is the only time it matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    lmao.....there is so much more to do, you just dont do them
    sounds like youll be leaving then, bye

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It does quite a bit, up to a point...

It doesn't offer any excitement comparable to the RP-oriented 18+ MMO which I play, in which my home village could get raided at any time of the day and my wife and daughters could get captured to be turned into slaves until my own group of men would be able to rescue them back. Compared to that WoW is a very tame form of entertainment indeed. In WoW there isn't any real emotional investment or the risk that your character might get it's head chopped off and is permanently dead and lost everything it worked for.

Then again, I guess some people just get very thrilled with very simple things. People won't know what excitement can be like unless they leave their comfort zones.
    To me, what you describe is a waste of time. Why would I wanna invest tons of time (and with that emotional attachment) into something just to have it ripped away? I play games for fun, NOT to experience real-life-ish situations and danger...

It has nothing to do with "getting thrilled with very simple things" or such narrow-minded nonsense. It comes down to what people want. You want what that game offers you? Fine. I wouldn't pay one cent for something like that. Which is why I won't ever play the highest difficulties in D3 either. Emotional investment? I beg to differ, you might not have it for your WoW-characters if you do play, but I for one would be destrought if my account got wiped tomorrow. The amount of fun, frustration, excitement (yes!) and progress I've experienced in this game has made me very fond of my toons and the memories created.

It might lack excitement to others, but there are games for those people out there I'm sure...I wouldn't want their ideas of "exciting" brought to WoW though.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2013-08-19 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    That's the thing though. Blizzard's goal should be "What can we do to make players want to play more and more?" Instead of just making content that gets stale after a while. And do not sit here and tell me that current content doesn't get boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Questing and getting attuned was very meaningful. It made the player actually work for something. You always wanted to log on and do dungeons in TBC because gear was always relevant. (ilvls are there to prove it.) LFR just completely makes doing heroics irrelevant after the first month or two. Older raids from expansions nowadays also become irrelevant because of, again, the ilvl disparity. PvP was more meaningful because of how long it took to get fully geared. Do you remember AV? Day log matches of AV? That was fun as hell for me. Summoning the ice giant was mesmerizing. There was also constant world PvP due to the fact that there wasn't a queuing system (Yeah, I remember having to walk to the WSG, AB, and AV camps to queue for PvP.)
    So are you seriously saying Blizzard hasn't been implementing player suggestions? Pet battles, scenarios, transmog, LFR, flex raiding and many many many other things say hi. Just because Blizzard isn't doing what YOU personally want doesn't mean they aren't listening to players. i think the problem is here certain players are butthurt that they have become irrelevant and are simply relics of a time from a distant past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karvak View Post
    What did you do to try to find excitement ?

Also if you are that tired of the game as you signature "people still play wow?" suggests then just move on and stop worrying about the people who still play.
    Well I like the game, as it was pretty much my first MMO, and it was set in the Warcraft fantasy world that i grew fond of from the RTS games. I really dont play any computer games anymore, and I find other great things to do like exercise, cycling, and other outdoor things.

If Blizzard would go back to some of the core things that made the game more exciting, and stop creating such generic, "all you can eat" type game elements, then I think some of that original excitement could come back.

What do you do in game that makes the game exciting for you? Do you feel excited when you log in? Are you just itching to log in and play genuinely out of excitement, or are you just doing so because you feel obligated to so you dont let your friends down?

Deleted
    Here's the problem.

Some Pre MOP -Players - Bliiizzz! We need more stuff to do! It's so booooring. There's no thrill.
    Blizzard - Okay, here you go. Lots of dailies to do, lots of other activities like Scenarios, lots of minigames, rare item hunting and LFR so you can see all the content!
    Some MOP Players - Bliiizz, there's too much to do. I'm so forced to do everything even though it's all optional and I'm overwhelmed! Also there's no thrill.
    Blizzard - .............

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So why are you here? You have barely played 5.3 and given when you have supposedly quit the game you more than likelly don't have access to the PTR. In short, you are posting ignorant crap as usual with absolutely nothing to back it up.
    As far as I remember that poster has been haunting these forums for ages, always against the game, always proudly telling how he's unsubbed and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raseri View Post
    Why is someone with "People still play WoW?" in his signature bothering to post on a WoW forum? What do you hope to accomplish with this thread?
    Because this is what he does for entertainment and the mods allow it. I guarantee you at least 3 mods will pop in here and post a few times before the inevitable happens and it becomes crystal clear what the OP is doing (not that it isn't already) and lock the thread. No clue why they just don't lock down all his threads from the get go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptic662 View Post
    "Wow lacks excitement....for me" Fixed. Sounds like you only play wow because of previous time invested. If its stale, take a break.
    I agree - I don't get this whole "investing" in a game thing. I played WoW, got bored. Played some Aion, got bored, played some WoW, got bored, played some Rift, got bored, played some GW2, got bored, played some Skyrim, etc...

I just don't get this "investment" in a game that ages and can never ultimately live up to or fulfill anyone's expectations indefinitely.

C'mon, Jaylock, of course WoW is going to lack excitement if you don't have any goals to work towards.

I get plenty of excitement out of killing heroic progression bosses. PvPers get plenty of excitement from performing better and better each week, especially when they get high rankings. It sure was exciting when the Garr binding finally dropped for me a few days ago! I'll be pretty excited when I get another 17 or so fragments from Ulduar, and another 40ish shards from ICC.

Players farming dailies, valor, and LFR? Yeah, of course there's no excitement for them -- those are CHORES!

Goals! If you want excitement, you have to have goals. If you don't have goals, then why are you playing the game?
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-08-19 at 09:24 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Jaylock thread where he bitches about the game rather than own up to his choices to ignore the incentives in the game to go out and explore, including an entire zone of such content next patch? Shocker.
    I suppose it'll be the best day of his life when WoW finally closes down...in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding my position. Im not saying the game is not a good game, im saying it lacks excitement. The thrill of discovery is no longer there. It is one giant to-do list. From logging in, to doing your " cap valor / conquest" list, to doing LFR just to move an item level number up. The excitement of the game died with the "glory days" as you put it.
    Their's no excitement of discovery because of how long you've been playing. It's like a drug, the first few times you take a hit it's fucking amazing. Then it slowly dwindles down and you keep doing it to try and 're-discover' that feeling. Wow felt so good at one point because it was all new, you didn't know too much and discovered it on your own. Their are no 'glory days' their is nostalgia though, people remember things how they want to. A person who hasn't played many MMOs and starts in MoP, those will be his/her glory days because it's a brand new experience. /thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

It does quite a bit, up to a point...

It doesn't offer any excitement comparable to the RP-oriented 18+ MMO which I play, in which my home village could get raided at any time of the day and my wife and daughters could get captured to be turned into slaves until my own group of men would be able to rescue them back. Compared to that WoW is a very tame form of entertainment indeed. In WoW there isn't any real emotional investment or the risk that your character might get it's head chopped off and is permanently dead and lost everything it worked for.

Then again, I guess some people just get very thrilled with very simple things. People won't know what excitement can be like unless they leave their comfort zones.
    So you are saying a new game you haven't played to death is more interesting than Wow? Shocking.

I think you're confusing 'excitement' with 'fun'.

You'll never be sitting on the edge of your seat for what might happen next if there is no risk of you 'losing' something. WoW is a convenience MMO, any form of meaningful excitement isn't welcome in it, because such excitement and adrenaline can only be simulated by the risk and danger of losing stuff and being set back. There is also no real platform for 'involuntary' events, the one time they added the possibility of involuntary risk was back with the WotLK pre-launch zombie event, and that had tons of people crying already because they had to corpserun.

When you park your avatar in your city you're as safe as a kitten in a soft cozy blanket. You can't suddenly have your online day being turned upside down because Alliance/Horde decided to raid your city and steal your stuff.

So I don't think it's wrong at all to say, that objectively speaking, on a potential excitement meter WoW would score pretty lowly.
    Your theories and beliefs are NOT fact. Just saying since this is something most adults need to understand eventually. What you describe as "cannot be", I have felt. No, I don't risk my toon being taken away, BUT I have through the years battled other players beating me to content, I've seen wipes at 1% at a boss we've spent a lot of time at, I've rounded a corner in panic thinking that any second now I will see someone else get on Aeonaxx's back and I will have missed it.

TONS of experiences such as those, and if you wanna be arrogant and claim that this can't have been exciting for me, then that's your problem. Yours and everyone else who thinks they're so important that what they say, goes.

You feel no excitement from certain games? Well whoopdidoo. I wouldn't feel excited in the type of game you described, I'd only feel annoyed and think "what's the point?". This doesn't make the game you prefer inferior or superior to the one I prefer. That's that. Subjectivity is a bitch to people wanting to think that their opinions are fact, but there you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    C'mon, Jaylock, of course WoW is going to lack excitement if you don't have any goals to work towards.

I get plenty of excitement out of killing heroic progression bosses. PvPers get plenty of excitement from performing better and better each week, especially when they get high rankings.

Players farming dailies, valor, and LFR? Yeah, of course there's no excitement for them -- those are CHORES!

It'd probably be a good idea to use some common sense if you're going to continue posting here. It really doesn't even seem like you're trying.
    I agree with you that there is an element of excitement for killing heroic bosses and attaining high ranks in PvP, but you are missing the point. In regards to PvE, I just fail to see how its exciting to continue killing bosses in multiple difficulty levels just to accommodate people who want to "see the content."

PvP is really the only thing that is unpredictable in the game, and even so, only to a certain degree.

The game before all this panda nonsense had an element of goal setting and working towards those goals. Even though those goals (in the form of quests and objectives) were required, it felt like you as a player were accomplishing much more than simply completing a quest. Completing those quests gave you access to new content, even though the content had already been developed and in game for possibly months.

Now everything is a calculated, time sink. The bucket list mentality that Blizzard has created had fooled people into thinking that it is exciting to waste hours farming bones to get a mount, or to cap valor, or to run every one of your alts through lfr, or to.. you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    The game does have an artificial arcade feel to it now. Achievements, Dailies, "Rare" Spawns, and Difficulties (LFR, Flex, Normal, and Heroic) are all artificial. The first time you run the content is the only time it matters.
    So arcade games didn't have difficulty levels? Why do I get the feeling you don't even know what an arcade is much less actually been in one. wow is the same game it ever was with more stuff tacked onto it to do if you so choose to. If you want to play it as a raid and die game go right on ahead no one will stop you.