Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    after seeing Malthael I was hoping the new class would be something tailored after him like an assassin/necromancer hybrid... stabbin ppl and stealing their souls

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Diablo 3 only did well based on name recognition and hype caused by the awesome two games that came before it. We've all seen how horrible 3 was, I don't see this doing as well. I was a long time fan of the diablo series and I won't be touching this pile of crap with a ten foot pole.
    Given its sold 12 million copies I somehow doubt any of what your saying lol

D3 has been far more popular and is a better game than D1 or D2 was going only of units sold. My personal opinion is it is far better as well and I have played all 3 games.

So no only you have seen how supposed horrible D3 is I'm afraid lol

And this expansion is looking even better and as usual one hell of a trailer
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

BAD GAME, but awesome cinematic blizzard now to make us buy a bad game in high price.

By no means D3 is a shitty game, no matter what you claim. Some of you might not like it, that´s okay. It might not be what you expected it to be, and that´s fine as well. But i bet most of you complaining have sunk 100+ hours into this game. And that´s something i cannot claim of any other game.

D3 certainly is not perfect, but i enjoyed it, and i still enjoy it every now and then. I´m looking forward to this addon, and despite what you "and all of your friends say" the xpac will sell millions as well, and won´t "fail" by any objective measure.

...but the will of a Temp-er, Crusader is stronger!!

Do you think there will be another class added to this expansion or just this one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashadelo View Post
    Do you think there will be another class added to this expansion or just this one?
    No, but my guess is that there's gonna be another expansion before they wrap this up.

D3 was a long-awaited polished turd that they worked hard to fix despite having 5+ years to get right in the first place. I guarantee a lot of people who bought into the hype of D3 and were sorely disappointed will not bother buying the xpac, so I'm pretty sure they won't get nearly the volume of sales on RoS. I for one was quickly turned off on D3; made it to Act 3 Inferno and said "screw this". If they were to make boss drops be based on your character like they have in WoW's MoP quest rewards, where you know you're going to get something good for your character and not some crappy item that is barely worth breaking into components, then I may be slightly tempted. But the pure RNG and AH dependency of D3 was a major bomb.

As for the cinematic, Blizzard does at least that much right; make good cinematics. After all, we do pay them hundreds of millions of dollars a year.
    (With the exception of the MoP cinematic, what a shiny pile of bullshit that was).

A good cinematic does not a good game make. Words to think on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Diablo 3 only did well based on name recognition and hype caused by the awesome two games that came before it. We've all seen how horrible 3 was, I don't see this doing as well. I was a long time fan of the diablo series and I won't be touching this pile of crap with a ten foot pole.
    Respectfully, Diablo II didn't really get to be awesome until an expansion was available for it. The original D2 without expansions was OK but LOD is what made it great. No one knows if that will happen here but it seems the right thing to do is to wait and see.

As for the reasons for its popularity there have been many millions of copies sold long after the word was out about its problems. And likely many more millions coming up with the console versions. As much as people seem to want to believe that the game is some terrible thing it's pretty clear that many people disagree.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-08-21 at 05:30 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Heh, haters gonna hate, as usual.
    Haters have their reasons. D3 has been a huge let down for many, I know it's a pretty good game now and I still play it from time to time... But it's not what I was expecting in terms of "fun".

path of exile > this pile of shit

So that's what you get form a fusion between a shadow priest and a rogue in T2... I see...

So, where is all the people that were ABSOLUTELY SURE that Blizzard was gonna wait until blizzcon to show the new xpac?

Diablo III Expansion - Mathael becomes Metzen's corrupted villain #92454 and then becomes the Demon King and then World of Diablocraft is released and then we get to an expansion of that where Mathael is the final boss and then when he dies "THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A DEMON KING!" and then Tyrael becomes the Demon King.

Sounds pretty likely, truth be told.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    Not the same segment. PoE is way more targeted into a minority of hardcore players than is D3. If you want to play PoE (with weekly ladders, mind you), more power to you.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Diablo III Expansion - Mathael becomes Metzen's corrupted villain #92454 and then becomes the Demon King and then World of Diablocraft is released and then we get to an expansion of that where Mathael is the final boss and then when he dies "THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A DEMON KING!" and then Tyrael becomes the Demon King.

Sounds pretty likely, truth be told.
    You forgot the part where someone gets redeemed. To be honest, Diablo's story was never its strong point, nor should it be, as for D3's story - I had some good laughs with the villains, how they appeared in every corner - telling you what they are going to do next etc. they should just keep it simple, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    A thousand times this.

I'm not buying this xpac after getting faked by d3

lol people still play this pay-to-win-homogenized piece of crap game that Jay wilson crapped on?

Lmao. I'll be playing D2 LOD still.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading up on Reaper of Souls I am hugely excited for this xpac. Its going to be a total revamp; I especially like the loot changes. Hopefully that will curb a lot of the RMAH gear buying. Seems like it will be an overall more enjoyable experience both offline/online.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Hating on D3 is the new cool hipster thing to do. Remembering how crappy D2 was before LOD is way harder.
    Yeah the millions of people that stormed the forums and gaming sites in outrage over how horrible the game was, that was all a dream. An entire country demanding refunds never happened. Gaming sites laughing and making jokes about errors were all made up. All 12 million people LOVED the game and only a few hipsters on here are pretending to hate it even though they secretly loved it. Makes perfect sense. Crap I dropped my fedora, if you'll excuse me.