Poll: Do you think realm first achievements should be removed from the game?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They don't hurt me. They can stay. I'll never get one, but I know that other people like competing for them. Who am I to not want them to have their fun profession races?

I personally enjoy seeing them ingame. Its cool seeing who gets which achievements first. I probably would not get close to receiving any realm 1st's, but I still believe they should remain ingame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    and congrats to the mastermind that put up the poll, wording the question exactly the opposite way in the title as in the poll. Keep up the good work
    Yer I just noticed that...makes the poll totally pointless

10+ Year Old Account
    it dosnt affect me in the slightes , i couldnt care less about realm 1st achivements wether they remove them or not.

I don't get why anyone would want realm first achievements removed, it does not affect you in any way and it removes a lot of fun from people who like going for them every expansion.

Also if you're not trolling and you seriously believe the results of your stupid poll you really have no clue, look in the replies no one agrees with you. all the ones who voted yes; voted yes to having them being left in the game, all the ones who voted no; voted no to having them removed.

Also if you really feel like it affects you in the slightest that people can get realm first achievements then you do seriously have some kind of problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeaze View Post
    That's the whole point really (in my opinion). If u they put the hard work in, why shouldn't they be credited? It doesn't give them an advantage, just a credit for putting i the extra effort.
    It always makes me laugh when someone calls a simple grind "hard work". It's not hard work to be the first to 90 or 100, or whatever level the expansion goes to. It's just a time sink. (Yes, I know there's some planning involved in finding the best xp path, but it can nowhere near be considered "hard work") But it basically goes to the person able to log in right after the servers come up at midnight Pacific Time and is able to stay up all night until they hit the level cap. The achievement means you were able to grind that first night. If you were unable to do so, you have no chance, so there's really no point to the leveling achievements.

Now the raid first achievements actually require some skill and coordination, so they make more sense, but being first to level has nothing to do with skill, only to do with when you're able to play...

Why is it that the only people who whine about this subject either:
    1. Do not play anymore, or
    2. Are just mad because they haven't received any realm firsts.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    It always makes me laugh when someone calls a simple grind "hard work". It's not hard work to be the first to 90 or 100, or whatever level the expansion goes to. It's just a time sink. (Yes, I know there's some planning involved in finding the best xp path, but it can nowhere near be considered "hard work") But it basically goes to the person able to log in right after the servers come up at midnight Pacific Time and is able to stay up all night until they hit the level cap. The achievement means you were able to grind that first night. If you were unable to do so, you have no chance, so there's really no point to the leveling achievements.

Now the raid first achievements actually require some skill and coordination, so they make more sense, but being first to level has nothing to do with skill, only to do with when you're able to play...
    within the realm of wow professions, its hardwork.

Its not building a spacerocket and shouldnt be compared to it. but its harder work than usual prof leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post

Aren't most achievements just a time sink? It's the same for 250 000 HK, lots of pet battles achieves, etc. The achievements are there to reward a bunch of different styles of play and I'm fine with that. As a raider, I don't want Blizz to remove titles/mounts from daily hubs just because they "take no skill" even though I don't really do those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

I don't understand this obsession some people have with having full and equal access to everything, without constraints.

I mean, I agree everything should be in everyone's reach, as long as they are willing to put the time and effort into it. Because let's be honest, you can do and have EVERYTHING in WoW, if you are willing to dedicate time and effort to it. And some people like to play this game that way, and expect to be somehow rewarded for it (and let's be honest something as cosmetic as a realm first achieve that doesn't even count towards your point total is a very meager reward).

Others don't, they like to take their time, or simply don't want to put that much time into something or they just don't care. And that is perfectly fine too.

I have been playing since Early TBC, I mostly played one char and one class, I don't care about mounts, pets, never collected any, I don't care about meta achievements and stuff. For a while I raided hardcore real firsts, but not for the titles, but for fun and because I had the time. I have a million 95% completed meta achieves from events and raids, that I never fully completed because I don't care. I don't even have a pet battle team. I raid casually nowadays and do arenas for the lulz. This is how I play MY GAME.

I don't understand why people feel the need to dictate how others should pay their game. If you want to do server firsts and stuff like that, go for it. If you don't wanna take part in the race for server firsts, don't. If you do take part, well every race has to have a winner and some losers. This is not kindergarten.

Why should they? As you say they only matter to a few people you are clearly not one of them so what is the fuss?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you think it would be a good idea to remove realm first achievements from the game? As they are now, they dont really do anything than give bragging rights to a select few people. Like for instance remove all the dumb ones from the game at the start of every expansion:

aka realm first fishing

blacksmithing

.. etc any of the profession ones.

Also realm first level 100 player, or realm first race / class. I think its pretty pointless because it just makes people get burned out quickly because they are just trying to be the first there, even though someone else could be the same level / level profession like 2 seconds later.
    There is zero benefit to removing first realm achievements.
    You may as well suggest removing all titles, Season Elite gear and certain mounts from the game.

They are all in place as rewards for players that have achieved certain respective feats within the game.
    Or you could make everything in the game absolutely casual, then the argument for removing realm first titles is worth entertaining since they were trivial to achieve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    There is zero benefit to removing first realm achievements.
    You may as well suggest removing all titles, Season Elite gear and certain mounts from the game.

They are all in place as rewards for players that have achieved certain respective feats within the game.
    Or you could make everything in the game absolutely casual, then the argument for removing realm first titles is worth entertaining since they were trivial to achieve.
    Blizzard has already stated that they are removing realm first achievements going forward. Anything you currently have will stay, but they are not putting any more in the game for future expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't explicitly state that, it's people reading and interpreting what's there in their own way.

They may well not be putting any more in, but they say:
    Frankly, we won't be doing a lot of that stuff going forward, so that's how.''
    "a lot" could mean anything.

It's the August 27th thing all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    even though someone else could be the same level / level profession like 2 seconds later.
    As far as I know there is a 1 minute window to also get a realm first achievement after the first is turned in. So for instance, if you're in a group and get it together you aren't screwed based on server lag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    I would sooner remove RF titles (or tie them to Cutting Edge achievements) than RF achievements that grant nothing. Basically, I don't like titles/mounts/any other reward tied to realm first, because that encourages "poaching" and "stealing" said rewards from shitty/"low-pop" realms and stuff. Cutting Edge achievements granting rewards is fine, because everybody has an equally fair shot to get it, and if you don't, it's not because the #1 guild on server happened to raid 60 hr/week, it's your own guild's collective damn fault.

RF achievements like Level 100, Professions, that grant no rewards other than the achievement, are fine. As OP said for himself, if you don't care for the achievement, then don't go for it.

Deleted
    Maybe we should just get rid of Olympic medals as well. I mean what purpose do they serve apart from giving the winners and runners-up bragging rights? We should just give everyone a big golden participation medal, cause that's what the Olympics are all about, right?

It's just a fucking achievement. No title, no rewards, nothing. Just a tiny detail on your profile that says you were the first to level to XX. It adds excitement to the race towards max level, and many players are looking forward to this race at the start of every expansion. Why is this such a big deal to - apparently - 33% of the players that it should be removed? Is there some guy in Trade-chat linking his achievement screaming "aw yeah suckas better luck in 2 years"?

They should be removed but also people with the first achievements should be banned too.

I like realm first achievements for raids and CM content. I think those should absolutely stay. But I don't like how they removed the personal FoS. I think ICC got it right, give the people that killed it the personal FoS, but don't make the the title exclusive to just those 25. The guild realm firsts were a good addition too.

As for the truck load of realm firsts being spammed the first day, I don't really like those too much. I feel obligated to go after them if I hit the new zones the moment they're released. The profession ones are especially dumb. Gathering realm firsts are RNG, and your guild can just feed you mats for the other ones. I guess realm first level X with Y class is a cool little race and those should probably stay. But for most servers, the race is pretty much over after the first few quests. I didn't get realm first 90 with any class, but I was the first to 86. I heard horror stories of people taking 20 minutes to do the first quest. They all had to wait for respawns after I pulled an entire area and just left them in the dust. Then I fell asleep at my desk for 3 hours at some point in Kun-Lai >.>

I got realm first pandaren ambassador on my server. My god that was a dumb realm first to put in. Never mind the fact that you could abuse the hozen peace pipe, but my human racial just made it unfair for everyone else.

But with connected realms, you're probably going to have to re-name them "Connected Realm First!" or just not have them at all. CR will just present too many logistical issues when designing them for the very few that will even know about them. If a guild from server A, has 10 members from server B kill the final boss on heroic, in which server is the realm first claimed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    As for the truck load of realm firsts being spammed the first day, I don't really like those too much. I feel obligated to go after them if I hit the new zones the moment they're released. The profession ones are especially dumb. Gathering realm firsts are RNG, and your guild can just feed you mats for the other ones. I guess realm first level X with Y class is a cool little race and those should probably stay. But for most servers, the race is pretty much over after the first few quests. I didn't get realm first 90 with any class, but I was the first to 86. I heard horror stories of people taking 20 minutes to do the first quest. They all had to wait for respawns after I pulled an entire area and just left them in the dust. Then I fell asleep at my desk for 3 hours at some point in Kun-Lai >.>

I got realm first pandaren ambassador on my server. My god that was a dumb realm first to put in. Never mind the fact that you could abuse the hozen peace pipe, but my human racial just made it unfair for everyone else.
    That's probably why they want to get rid of realm firsts. Personally I'd rather just merge realms but of course, they don't want to make people swap names. Perhaps the FoS should just be individual and not guild unlike the course they took in Cata/MOP. Titles should be on cutting edge, not realm first.

Realm First 90 are fine in my books as a means of "fun." Obviously if you choose to partake in the race to Realm First 90 you are accepting the possibility of frustration with lags, bugs, and respawns. I agree profession realm firsts and pandaren ambassador are absolutely dumb achievements, however.

I still think RF Level 90 should stay, but people obviously need to realize it's not a "fair" achievement in that it can be very difficult to get solo and/or without help. Still less "cheese" than the other day 1 RF's though.

Deleted
    We should remove everything that differentiates players who put in more effort because I feel bad about not being able to play video games as much as them.