Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    We need this combined with this.

I want to be a Lasher Lasher.
    Something like this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Something like this?
    IMG
    Omg that's extremely awesome! May I use it tomorrow in main topic? Just... wonderful!
    EDIT: no it doesn't fit for SLAVEMASTER but very very nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Going only by the artwork provided.... I would guess it would appeal more to the spotty teenage boys than girls....
    this.. exactly! kinda sad if you need that to sell a class really :P

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Omg that's extremely awesome! May I use it tomorrow in main topic? Just... wonderful!
    EDIT: no it doesn't fit for SLAVEMASTER but very very nice
    It's a champion from League of Legends Zyra, sure.

People that talk about the whole weapon problem, how about the lasher uses a staff just like casters but never actually attacks with it but rather summons lashes out of nowhere like Zyra? Wouldn't that be cool?
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-08-22 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    We'd need a new weapon type though. Don't see them adding new weapon types anytime soon.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    We'd need a new weapon type though. Don't see them adding new weapon types anytime soon.
    No it could work just like feral druids. They gain dps from staffs/polearms but don't attack with it and just summon those Whips to attack with.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-08-22 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Haha. I was trying to picture what it would look like and completely forgot about Zyra.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    yes but even in fantasy games like D&D and pathfinder whips are still relegated to non lethal weapons, there's a difference between suspension of disbelief and throwing someone into a battlefield full of trained killers with fully lethal weapons and abilities while only giving them something meant to cause enough pain for people to keep working instead of rebelling against whatever foreman or slaver is using it.
    The whole Belmont family would disagree with you : a whip, correctly used, could cause serious damages.
    Anyway WoW is a game where people can use efficiently a bow in close quarter combat, so realism is a bit moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    The whole Belmont family would disagree with you : a whip, correctly used, could cause serious damages.
    Anyway WoW is a game where people can use efficiently a bow in close quarter combat, so realism is a bit moot point.
    belmonts use a magically enchanted whip which is then FURTHER enchanted by the sacrifice of the original wielder's already turned girlfriend/wife against creatures it is intentionally designed to be strong against and are raised with it as a family weapon they spend their entire lives practicing with. hunter's can use a bow in close quarters because gameplay mechanics and hunters complaining quite a bit about the minimum range issue in combat and blizzard changing it to make them have more utility if they couldn't keep a target off them, that same decision doesn't equate to adding an entire weapon type from minimum to maximum level into the game as all the hunter change really does is remove the minimum range requirement while adding a new weapon type means making models, skins, and carefully statting and balancing EVERY whip they would have to add so that it isn't too powerful or so weak that no one bothers to use it.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Then again, it wouldn't be the first mmo to add a whipper as a class (This is from Scarlet Blade)

Played a whip user in PSU as well. Both were based on aoe and control, both did lethal damage with their whips.
    HOWEVER, I definitely agree with the facts that it wouldn't really fit in WoW, nor would adding a weapon type throughout the game for one class be something blizz would want to do, with good reason.
    Last edited by Shanseala; 2013-08-22 at 04:52 PM.

I don't know why, but the abyssal whip popped into my head from Runescape a LONG time ago. I was always a fan of that weapon, and it would be cool do play something with a whip on a much larger scale. +1 to this!

Deleted
    No thanks, I don't really see how this would fit into WoW at all.

It is an original idea for once though.

Deleted
    No... Absolutely no...
    That has no place in WoW.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Why the hell so many of you imagine this as fetish/sexual/indecent concept? It's just a f***ing whipper and it shouldn't be fetish ingame!
    Do this looks fetish?
    Or

I think whips would make a cool weapon type, not so sure about adding a class just for it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    belmonts use a magically enchanted whip which is then FURTHER enchanted by the sacrifice of the original wielder's already turned girlfriend/wife against creatures it is intentionally designed to be strong against and are raised with it as a family weapon they spend their entire lives practicing with. hunter's can use a bow in close quarters because gameplay mechanics and hunters complaining quite a bit about the minimum range issue in combat and blizzard changing it to make them have more utility if they couldn't keep a target off them, that same decision doesn't equate to adding an entire weapon type from minimum to maximum level into the game as all the hunter change really does is remove the minimum range requirement while adding a new weapon type means making models, skins, and carefully statting and balancing EVERY whip they would have to add so that it isn't too powerful or so weak that no one bothers to use it.
    I was answering on the fact that whips are not a lethal weapon in reality, I didn't speak of gameplay reasons...
    Yes it would be hard for the balance of the game, but it was not the point.

As for the Belmont it proves that a game developper can make a whip strong and lethal whether its realist or not. Same thing for the chain in some "xxxx of Mana" games, same thing for the grappling hook of Zelda, etc...
    Whips and chains are cool weapons and can be made into lethal weapons using the right background.

Also please learn to press "Enter" sometimes, it will improve the readability of your post ^^

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if each lasher comes with a Catwoman outfit for starter gear. Otherwise, I like the idea behind this.

play a warlock, and then you have a succubus
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Good idea but doesn't fit within WoW imo
    All the more reason why it would be a good class idea imo. I'm tired of people suggesting hero classes from WoW lore, it be nice to see something fresh outside the norm of usual MMO tropes. An Artificer would also be really cool, or some kind of golem wielding class similar to borderlands 2 mechromancer.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

No. Just no. Terrible and disgusting.

Off topic/On topic:

lmfao

Yeah sure should be a " blood elf male-only class"....Rofl.