Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Off to bed now and it's possible day will end before I have a chance to check here tomorrow.

My vote is going towards someone who has done one of the things I hate most in games. The good ole "I just got here and am about to go to bed. I will post more in the morning" and then the next day they do no such thing.

Unvote Vote Xanjori

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since I've been gone most of the weekend and will more than likely be asleep when the deadline comes I shall use the all powerful RNG to vote for someone!

RNG says player 13, that belongs to... Krayzy!

Vote: Krayzy

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    What makes me want to vote on you?

1) Your play was dumb.

2) People using your play to come to any sort of logical choice for a lynch is dumb.

3) If you are town then your play is making people focus on someone who placed a vote on you. You MAY have caught a mafian, but that would be pure luck. It had nothing to do with your play being good. Why would a mafia member want to vote you out if you are town? It would be in their best interest to leave you alive because you are leading people astray.
    You keep screaming words like "dumb" and such without no reasoning. In my eyes, my move was necessary to cause some discussion instead of "hey, let's just RNG kill someone". I don't see how causing discussion is dumb. I never said that I actually caught a mafia member, but we can at least conclude that it's more likely to hit mafia. even if it's one percent more likely, I don't see why we shouldn't do it. I gave reasons for my play, but you just simply say it's dumb. I say that you are dumb because giraffes eat grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Meh, You're not playing very well this game at all blood. You just gave no reasoning for voting for me besides the fact that I want to wait and let others weigh in with opinions? Oh god, that's so terrible of me!

SERIOUSLY EVERYONE JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND DO WHAT I TELL YOU TO, CAUSE YOU DON'T MATTER!
    oh really? I think i gave plenty of reason for the vote. I told you to vote me back. Generally if you're town and you get voted on then one would likely assume the other is mafia. This is generally how people react when they are town, or at lest VT.

your reaction however was not typical or at lest should not be typical for a VT. so bossy pants, with a low amount of TPRs I'm going to take a small guess at what prehaps you are.

Deleted
    As some of the people are here going with RNG vote, so shall I. Mainly as I don't see any reasons to vote anyone.

RNG rolls 10

Vote:Greeney

Quote Originally Posted by Porovan View Post
    As some of the people are here going with RNG vote, so shall I. Mainly as I don't see any reasons to vote anyone.

RNG rolls 10
    you mean other than the fact we would have no extra information if we don't lynch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    you mean other than the fact we would have no extra information if we don't lynch?
    Yus.. There could be that option too.
    Last edited by mmoc5fcc2024c1; 2013-08-25 at 09:24 AM.

Blood Fox:
    That was probably the most enjoyable post I have read in a while. As a person who love fairy tales and fables, it made me smile broadly. Thank you for that post. And also thank you for the lesson.
    *bows*

Allow me to repay that in kind.

A blind man, visiting a friend one night, was offered a lantern to carry home with him.

"I do not need a lantern", the blind man said. "Light or darkness makes no difference to me".

"I know you do not need a lantern to find your way," his friend replied, "but if you don't have one, someone else may run into you. So you must take it."

The blind man started off with the lantern and before he had walked very far someone ran squarely into him. "Look out where you are going!" he exclaimed to the stranger. "Can't you see this lantern?"

"Your candle has burned out, brother," replied the stranger.
    As for my character reads - they are basically profiles. I note what each player does in each game, and thus I know what I can expect. It's a case of "if you cannot play the game, play the player". For example, Robozerim always does a vote statistic on day 3. Should he not do so, I will consider Robozerim playing out of character. Whether that means he is scummy or not I cannot say; but it makes me draw attention to him. The character reads also helps me evaluate what I expect a character is able to pull off. Krayzy for example, is probably able to pull off throwing his entire mafiateam for a win, when he is mafia. So any vote he does on a mafia player is without not saying much for his innocence. Keleb is good at finding flaws in my reasoning, and for that I respect him a lot - but it also means I have to assume he is very strong at constructing logic fallacies if needed. Haven't really had the chance to see that latter in practice, though!

Building a mental map of these things really help with the game. And you, Blood Fox, is in my book as a scumhunter that gets sharper the less sleep you get. Which is why I found your reaction on the Waker train out of character. Your counterargument was incredibly good, but I cannot update the profile with information that isn't verified, now can I? Still -- is that reason enough to drown you? Nope. I just really really lack a better target.

State of the game:
    I don't think there is any proper information to make a reasonably solid lynch at this point. And I really am annoyed at myself for not finding a better lynch target, as well as wasting yesterday. The notion of a no-lynch may actually have something to it, but on the other hand I don't really know if that will give us any better information tomorrow.

So - it is time to do the cake counter summary. Desperate times.

The following players have no cake points at this point. For those who do not know what a cake counter is, it's an invention I made that measures activity by content instead of post count; since anyone can cheese their post count by spamming a lot and thus give an illusion of contributing. So I want to measure quality instead of quantity. Any statement that is founded on something will offer a cake point. Fluffy or unfounded statements offer nothing. Opinions, insight or theories do. This is thus a measurement on who has contributed with something. And the following players have not, in my subjective opinion.

- Cattaclysmic (though I am in two minds whether to give a cake point for post #130. If you think it qualifies, remove him from the list!)
    - Greeney (where did he go?)
    - Uggorthaholy (though I am in two minds about post #163. It's a "me too" post, but it does offer information on what Uggor is thinking. Cakeworthy?)

In short, I really do wonder where Greeney disappeared to. Greeney isn't usually one to lurk below the radar, and is usually contributing. Then again, it's only one day into the game, and being guilty of disappearing myself yesterday, it really feels too early to pull a vote based off the cake counter. Should Greeney not appear by the deadline, I will likely have to vote for him. If he does (and I assume he will)... I don't have a good target at all.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I did wonder if anyone would pick up on my more than significant lack of posting compared to the other games. Im usually full of fluff! But I have been playing SWTOR and my Sith is really bitchin! Other than that I really dont have anyone I can vote on in good conscience - other than Xanjo because the bastard voted on me... and also tries to get a spy in my capital in Civ...

is it bad I squealed when i read that story?

Blood Fox: Then we both made an impact. /cheer
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Well guys, celtic hasnt posted in a couple of hours, lynch him now as he is lurking

Are you people really talking about lurking on day 1 of a fucking game? Shut the hell up about lurking. None of you apparently know what the word even means.
    At least I am not talking about lurking in this game. I'm basing my vote on kel on previous game play style as you can see if you actually read my post. As it is not based on events from this game, I guess it should be filed not far away from the RNG votes.

I know very well what lurking means. It is one of the things that makes modding a bit more interesting. That you for certain persons can see it more "in action".

2) People using your play to come to any sort of logical choice for a lynch is dumb.
    I think Waker is the only one to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    I freaking hate being mafia, to me its the most boring role because half the puzzle is solved.
    It's just a different puzzle, it's not half solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Keleb is good at finding flaws in my reasoning, and for that I respect him a lot - but it also means I have to assume he is very strong at constructing logic fallacies if needed. Haven't really had the chance to see that latter in practice, though!
    I'm probably better at spotting them than constructing them as I have a dislike for them due to my political interest and their imo overuse in that scene. The closest thing to it would probably be - due to me having read R. Jordan's The Wheel of Time series and dislike of lying IRL - that I consider myself to be a keen user of the half truth and implied truth. Those skills are more useful in a game such as Dimplomacy though. And even less useful here as I've yet so far not had any problem with lying in this game.

- Greeney (where did he go?)
    [...]
    In short, I really do wonder where Greeney disappeared to. Greeney isn't usually one to lurk below the radar, and is usually contributing. Then again, it's only one day into the game, and being guilty of disappearing myself yesterday, it really feels too early to pull a vote based off the cake counter. Should Greeney not appear by the deadline, I will likely have to vote for him. If he does (and I assume he will)... I don't have a good target at all.
    Actually, for the past games, he hasn't been posting much on D1 so it is rather regular.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Trying to decide if I'd rather vote krayzy or listo.
    This being Greeney's only post all game, and almost 24 hours ago, with nothing else, makes me inclined to vote him.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Vote: Cattaclysmic

Dane made so many anti-Sweden quips last night, he needs to be taken down a peg!
    Post even earlier than Greeney's, with what seems like a joke vote, and nothing else.

Vote: Xanjori

[
    - Uggorthaholy (though I am in two minds about post #163. It's a "me too" post, but it does offer information on what Uggor is thinking. Cakeworthy?)
    You'll find I VERY RARELY post much on D1 anymore. There's no point in fluffing a lot and speculating about speculations while speculating on the mornings thoughts with absolutely 0 evidence of anything.

I don't have 4 hours a day to sit here and slam out post after post with huge massive paragraphs, especially about what essentially amount to "dick all" for d1.

*shrug*
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2013-08-25 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post

You'll find I VERY RARELY post much on D1 anymore. There's no point in fluffing a lot and speculating about speculations while speculating on the mornings thoughts with absolutely 0 evidence of anything.

I don't have 4 hours a day to sit here and slam out post after post with huge massive paragraphs, especially about what essentially amount to "dick all" for d1.

*shrug*
    I... I need to speculate on this...

Just in case people are wondering, I'm ehre, just enjoying time out with my mom, hopefully will be back before deadline, but if not

Vote Arialla

I haven't had time to read the thread at all

Off to bed now and it's possible day will end before I have a chance to check here tomorrow.

My vote is going towards someone who has done one of the things I hate most in games. The good ole "I just got here and am about to go to bed. I will post more in the morning" and then the next day they do no such thing.

Unvote Vote Xanjori
    Whats this? You make a post complaining about people calling out "lurkers" on D1 when there is nothing but fluff, but then want to vote someone that doesnt participate in fluff? I've said it before, I'll say it again, I don't care for the fluff that occurs on D1, if I wanted to post fluff I'd go to PvM. Waker made a post that everyone got angry over and he immediately retracted it and went with "Kels a mafia" I think both posts were utter crap and couldnt be arsed to respond to them in any form. Since then all we've done is argue over different semantics and not actually make any contribution towards lynching someone.

Without anyone making a slip all we have to go on is either a completely random lynch in an attempt to a) get lucky or b) get some information for following days. Town needs to decide whether or not we want to no lynch, keep someone alive and see if more info comes from the night or just go for a lynch and see what it provides us. Until a decision is made on which of those strats we want to go with I see no need to participate in the semantics argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Well guys, celtic hasnt posted in a couple of hours, lynch him now as he is lurking
    And this just proves that you are putting no effort into understanding what I am saying in the slightest.
    AND instead of posting an opinion you spouting off crap. Im quite happy to keep my vote where it is at.

Oh, I understand what youre saying, I just dont care.

Read thred on phone at a slot machine. Looks like a lot of fluff a danner cake counter. Some kel and celtic growling and not muc else