Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TJkroz View Post
    Blizzard, in response to this request has asked in the past; how would naga wear pants and (more importantly) boots?
    in a joking way, because blizzard has been updating their model so they can infact wear pants and boots (its a joke because its something theyve already fixed)

ghostcrawler, metzen, dave kosak have all at one point or another said naga would be a cool race to play or something they personally want to see in the game at some point, naga have been planned since vanilla to eventually become a playable race.

the main and really only problem with naga is mounts, and all thats required is a side saddle animation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    We very well 'could' get naga but it is in NO way shape or form anywhere near '100% confirmed' that we'll get one, or even a new race at all.
    it is if we dont get new models or a new class.

were not gonna get an expansion with nothing and considering (if this info is correct) they plan to roll out new models in patchs naga are the easiest race to implement to hold us over until then.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    What tweet was that?
    This one I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Definitely fake.

Blizzard finally stated not too long ago that there definitely wouldn't be an Azshara Crater battleground. Why would they say that if they are going to release it anyway? It has been in the game files since vanilla, and only recently have they decided it's never going to happen.
    :
    Blizzard also stated they would never do alot of things in the past, flying mounts, full revemp of azeroth, server transfers to a different type of server.... ect

10+ Year Old Account
    Really the only expansion to focus on a 'single' story was maybe Cata, depending on if you count Hyjal and Firelands the same story as Deathwing since they're allied, and even then Vashj'ir's story, while somewhat related to the overall theme of Cata, felt more disjointed from the overall story for me at least.
    Nooooooo, not at all. The whole point of Pandaria was not focusing on one story, and focusing on several little ones each patch
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    in a joking way, because blizzard has been updating their model so they can infact wear pants and boots (its a joke because its something theyve already fixed)

ghostcrawler, metzen, dave kosak have all at one point or another said naga would be a cool race to play or something they personally want to see in the game at some point, naga have been planned since vanilla to eventually become a playable race.

the main and really only problem with naga is mounts, and all thats required is a side saddle animation

- - - Updated - - -

were not gonna get an expansion with nothing and considering (if this info is correct) they plan to roll out new models in patchs naga are the easiest race to implement to hold us over until then.
    I'm not saying we might get nothing. I'm saying that naga are FAR from confirmed, and we might not even get a new race at all, could be a new class for all we know (though I'd guess they'd wait one more expansion before that) or revamped vanilla models. Even if there are new races, they could go for something other than naga as well. Personally I'm really hoping if naga are made playable they're horde and not neutral, I don't want to see naga slithering through Darnassus and Stormwind.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Noooope, lots of nope. I don't undertand this entitlement to Naga... I mean think really hard here.

Ground mounts, even worgen can sit on theirs if you wanna use the planestriding argument

Flying mounts? Are they gonna give up their voice to Ursula to grow legs when they want to fly?

Face it, Jyinu are more likely than naga

as for the new feature? Blizzard always says "NEW CLASS(RACE), AND A NEW FEATURE" which one always gets scrapped? Hb instead of classes(races) Path of the titans.... oh wait
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2013-08-25 at 08:20 PM.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Nooooooo, not at all. The whole point of Pandaria was not focusing on one story, and focusing on several little ones each patch
    Umm, I didn't say that MoP did focus on one story. In fact from my point of view MoP has three core stories that intertwine and take shifts in the spotlight. The H/A war, which evolves into A/Rebels vs Garrosh, the sha storyline including the mantid swarm, and the thunder king/mogu story. There are other smaller stories sure but those are the three big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by TJkroz View Post
    Blizzard, in response to this request has asked in the past; how would naga wear pants and (more importantly) boots?
    How do tauren and draenei wear boots. Easy to get around the gear thing really.

Could be that if this "leak" is true, the end of the next expansion could provide some closure to the Naga storyline that would allow them to be a playable race in 7.x and fit in with the whole Horde/Alliance polarity in the game, as it stands now, the Naga would be enemies of both.

-M

I doubt this is going to happen. Blizzard already told us that Alleria and Turalyon would feature the next expansion, I dont see them fit in this, so I will call it fake.

I'm not saying we might get nothing. I'm saying that naga are FAR from confirmed, and we might not even get a new race at all, could be a new class for all we know (though I'd guess they'd wait one more expansion before that) or revamped vanilla models. Even if there are new races, they could go for something other than naga as well. Personally I'm really hoping if naga are made playable they're horde and not neutral, I don't want to see naga slithering through Darnassus and Stormwind.
    but if were going off this info then it pretty much is if it turns out whats in this is atleast partially true.

naga are the easiest race to finish up since the majority of their emotes are their, they dont need much uplifting because every expansion theyve updated their models in someway and they fit into the story.

naga is the only thing blizzard could rush and do so we have something in the expansion and have it done on time without looking horrible.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Frankly blizz has a hard enough time juggling the races it DOES have I"m not sure I want another race, ESPECIALLY a race like naga that they would really struggle to keep relevant when not doing Dark Below type stuff. Bad enough worgen, gnomes, dreanei and probably pandaren going forward have so little to do as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

but if were going off this info then it pretty much is if it turns out whats in this is atleast partially true.

naga are the easiest race to finish up since the majority of their emotes are their, they dont need much uplifting because every expansion theyve updated their models in someway and they fit into the story.

naga is the only thing blizzard could rush and do so we have something in the expansion and have it done on time without looking horrible.
    Umm, for all we know blizzard has been hard at work for a long time on the next expansion and could have two brand new races modeled and ready, that's a pretty big assumption on your part.

They will NOT do an underwater based XPAC. The underwater zone (Vashj'ir) was way too big of a flop from Cataclysm.
    SkoorbVyvanseKarmann

10+ Year Old Account
    I likw how the guys lists "heroic azjol nerub" as a new dungeon when theres already a heroic azjol nerub. what... sre we supposed to believe that they are making a heroic version of a heroic? or that they are just deleting the level 80 version of the heroic?
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly blizz has a hard enough time juggling the races it DOES have I"m not sure I want another race, ESPECIALLY a race like naga that they would really struggle to keep relevant when not doing Dark Below type stuff. Bad enough worgen, gnomes, dreanei and probably pandaren going forward have so little to do as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Umm, for all we know blizzard has been hard at work for a long time on the next expansion and could have two brand new races modeled and ready, that's a pretty big assumption on your part.
    I don't think people quite understand how hard a new class is. It doesn't work like an NPC, they have to go back and re-fit every peice of armor in the game.

Also how will they have flying mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Skoorb View Post
    They will NOT do an underwater based XPAC. The underwater zone (Vashj'ir) was way too big of a flop from Cataclysm.
    Not the entire expansion, but there could be underwater content, especially if they take to heart the reasons people didn't like vashj'ir and improve on them. Blizz loves to iterate, the entire vashjir zone might have been one big experiment.

Noooope, lots of nope. I don't undertand this entitlement to Naga... I mean think really hard here.

Ground mounts, even worgen can sit on theirs if you wanna use the planestriding argument

Flying mounts? Are they gonna give up their voice to Ursula to grow legs when they want to fly?

Face it, Jyinu are more likely than naga

as for the new feature? Blizzard always says "NEW CLASS, AND A NEW FEATURE" which one always gets scrapped? Hb instead of classes PAth of the titans.... oh wait
    did you even read my post? and how are jinyu a night elf with a fish head and arm bits added on more likely then naga WHO HAVE HAD THEIR MODEL UPDATED SLOWLY EACH EXPANSION.

jinyu would require an entire model revamp, jinyu in their current state cant wear any armor, they have almost no emotes. wheras naga literally could be given to us with just a small handful of emotes added and the helm fixed.

and again, in my post. there is this thing called side saddle

10+ Year Old Account
    True or not, PLEASE don't make it a Naga-based expansion. I hate Nagas...

I don't think people quite understand how hard a new class is. It doesn't work like an NPC, they have to go back and re-fit every peice of armor in the game.

Also how will they have flying mounts
    You're preaching to the choir here, I don't even want playable naga, at least not on alliance side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoorb View Post
    I don't think you're so good at between the lines reading.

Blizzard constantly says everything that was wrong with underwater, not that they won't do it. Which points that it will come back... But it will be fixed.

There is a clear and easy fix to underwater zones... They make you stay grounded and don't let you swim without a mount. Try vashir only walking... it is a beautiful Zone. Best looking in wow