Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No new classes or races? So I guess if someone wants to play a new character with the expansion, Blizzard is telling him "tough luck"?
    No, just no. There has be some kind of new thing to play that wasn't available before, whether it's a class, or a race, or even class/race combos (which by now would really start to stretch credibility).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    And seriously people are arguing over the most wonky crap on this discussion. I get the feeling that this "Leak" is fan speculation from a pretty clever troll with prowess for imagining stories. I highly doubt story elements like "who's going to be the next warchief" are all going to line up like this, or like ANY fan guesses for that matter. But what's meaningful is certainly the content, leveling zones, design changes, raids, battlegrounds.

I'm not going to dismiss "The Dark Below" as a possible expansion because the whole "corgi's unleashed" as 'proof' the whole situation was a joke reeks of misdirection and they just wanted to have something to show for blizzcon and have it be a surprise. That being the case there's plenty of potential to work with the content that's presented, and even if things aren't precisely accurate (as all things may change in development) it's interesting to think about how the game will evolve as a result.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    Naaahh...

But do any of you remember this? We'll see these guys again, that's for sure.

http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Battle_Plans_Of_The_Kvaldir

Looking over the captured attack plans, you find a map of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor with major settlements marked. Reading over the orders, you learn that Kvaldir captains have drafted plans for a series of devastating raids.
    According to the orders, the attacks are to begin after Mistcaller Yngvar "consults the Heart of the Mists." Perhaps you could delay the attacks by capturing the omen from the Mistcaller's Cave on the western side of Hrothgar's Landing and notify Justicar Mariel Trueheart.

If it has merit all I can say is UGH NO UNDERWATER AGAIN /CRY /NERD RAGE

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    blizzard have stated in the past that the last boss of wow gonna be Sargeras and the last level will be 100. So this "leak" cant be right at all.

If next gonna be a maelstrom/azshara expansion. max lvl will be 95.

I personaly think that we will get 2 new xpacs now that titan was delayed
    Never once have they ever said or even hinted at this. Don't pull stuff out of your ass and present it as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    No new classes or races? So I guess if someone wants to play a new character with the expansion, Blizzard is telling him "tough luck"?
    No, just no. There has be some kind of new thing to play that wasn't available before, whether it's a class, or a race, or even class/race combos (which by now would really start to stretch credibility).
    Well, the leak claims nothing has been found yet, though typically, it's always data-mined or leaked or something by now, so it's not looking incredibly strong that there will be any new classes or races by next expansion.

Which personally, I'm okay with. I don't think we need to have new races or classes each and every single expansion. Sure, it's nice, but what's wrong with working with what we have and applying those things to the new content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwinbutton View Post
    If it has merit all I can say is UGH NO UNDERWATER AGAIN /CRY /NERD RAGE
    I can't do under water stuff because i hold my breath IRL and get dizzy
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    How about entirely new zones and instances? You know, things that come around with every xpac? You live in an irrational belief of every expansion requiring a reroll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLoreALot View Post
    Can you give me any good, thought-out reasons why he can't be Warchief?

"He didn't do much until recently" and "Not many people know who he really is" are NOT very good reasons, nor especially is "I don't like him personally".
    First of all, I never did say I disliked him personally. I don't mind his character at all, but with regards to why he shouldn't be picked as Warchief, "he hasn't done anything till recently" is actually a stronger argument than you would think. However, that's not because he was unknown before he made his moves, and not because he's simply done too little for the sake of the Horde, but because other characters integrated in the lore have done much more than him both in the past and in MoP, and those characters also feel much stronger for the Horde than Lor'themar (apparently, as can be seen after his whole Quel'thalas drama). Lor'themar isn't the worst pick for Warchierf, but he is far from the best.

Deleted
    About 'no new races / classes'; remember that the 'leak' mentions neutral sub-races, like High Elves and Blood Elves. The way they did it with the Pandaren. A few new neutral sub-race choices (or race allegiances, I should say) would be much cooler than just a new class or race in my book. Different takes on different races, the ability to play a race in whichever faction you prefer in a way that makes sense lorewise... I'd love it.

Deleted
    i'd love to go back to underwater zones like vashjir, i found them quite new and refreshening

Deleted
    Wait just saw that Lor'themar is the next warchief, disregard everything I said about it being plausible I really can't see that happening.

Although I don't expect a new class or race, as the Garrosh heirlooms do suggest they'll be doing 90-100, which means they'll have to spend a lot of development on areas, rather than those.

However, I do expect a warlock tanking spec to make it's appearance, as they've acknowledged that they now know it's a popular suggestion, after Mists beta.

I don't really believe these rumors though.

No new race/class or 4th spec would give absolutely no reason to have an expac imo, especially no reason or care to do 10 more levels and start your stat climb all over again... I'd rather quit than do all that work for nothing new. They can add dungeons and raids every patch no reason to make us level 10 more cut our stat %'s by 75% or more just to do the same thing. Sorry, too many new MMO's coming out for something this bland boring and pointless, so i don't believe they would do this at all.

Whatever they show in Nov needs to blow us away... at the moment Everquest Next looks like WoW 2.0 (graphics/characterization wise) + Minecraft all rolled up into 1 cohesive IP. I've stuck with WoW since original beta, but they really need to get off this, "ok we only care about more raids and gear nothing else" kick because it's a tiresome retread of lackluster content that gets outdated faster than the average player's attention span that has shown NO innovation in several years.

My biggest beef is the ALL nor NOTHING take they have on everything they try to implement ie.
    1. Running certain dungeons give rep with specific factions! Forced us to run the same dungeons over and over.
    2. Oh tabbard Rep farming is making dungeons boring and repetitive take them away!!!
    3. Ok no tabbard rep farming at all, and no new dungeons either so you will get burned out on no new ones now anyway! ALL daily quests for rep wooo!
    4. OK no tabbard rep farming, no daily quests you feel you HAVE to do, ALL weekly group content! (group quests/events have been around for years thanks for finally jumping on board, but no thanks for once again a lack of choice)
    Last edited by TCceen; 2013-08-25 at 02:54 PM.

I do believe some of this might be true, but I have my doubts with Lor'themar as warchief and some other things...

The way the zones are described sounds awesome I don't mind another underwater zone or questing in tunnles underground!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultismash View Post
    First of all, I never did say I disliked him personally. I don't mind his character at all, but with regards to why he shouldn't be picked as Warchief, "he hasn't done anything till recently" is actually a stronger argument than you would think. However, that's not because he was unknown before he made his moves, and not because he's simply done too little for the sake of the Horde, but because other characters integrated in the lore have done much more than him both in the past and in MoP, and those characters also feel much stronger for the Horde than Lor'themar (apparently, as can be seen after his whole Quel'thalas drama). Lor'themar isn't the worst pick for Warchierf, but he is far from the best.
    It's both valid and invalid to say "He's not the strongest pick because he hasn't done much compared to other characters".

On one hand, he really HASN'T done much to "prove himself" as a 'Warchief', especially compared to Vol'jin leading the assault on Garrosh and everything, and walking away from the Zandalari back in Cata and all that.

On the OTHER hand, it's also not just "how much does he do in comparison to others?". It's about their personal merits, and how they'd fit as the Warchief, or how the story would write them in as one. "Warchief" isn't just some big popularity contest that Vol'jin, Baine and Lor'thremar are all trying to win over each other. Personally, it's very doubtful any of them particularly desire it at all, and all three of them would rather Thrall stop being superman and come back to lead.

And ultimately, like I said, Lor'thremar is a great pick for some reasons, and a not so great one for some others. Is he perfect? No. But neither is Vol'jin and Baine, and ESPECIALLY not Garrosh.

For the record, I never said you didn't like him personally. I was just making a point.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    blizzard have stated in the past that the last boss of wow gonna be Sargeras and the last level will be 100. So this "leak" cant be right at all.

If next gonna be a maelstrom/azshara expansion. max lvl will be 95.

I personaly think that we will get 2 new xpacs now that titan was delayed
    Please where on earth did you get your source that says that? The only thing they said is 100 is just a number and its not the end of the world...

OT; I think this is kinda fake since no new races or classes. But this could be true who knows? Gonna hold my horses till the actual announcement at blizzcon.

Deleted
    Legion or gtfo. That's a borderline retarded response, but with the Wrathion teasing during the legendary quest line it sums up my feelings astutely. This sounds like Cataclysm mark 2, I don't care for any of it. If it turns out to be legitimate I will not be very happy.

This all sounds pretty shit.

Deleted
    im ok with this, im really really ok with this

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    He was never wrong since TBC, btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Well this guys has always been somewhat right, so I'm expecting alot of this stuff to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    This guy has always been right like 95% of the time.
    So does anyone have actual links to prove this?