Thread: 5.4 85+ Flying?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    why are people so obsessed to be able fly while leveling 85-90? entire pandaria quests are made so you can do em just fine with ground mounts. Not like icecrown where you had to pick up quests from airship etc. and to be honest, it doesn't take more than 3-4 days of questing to get max leveled.

Guess the community just got spoiled over the years. Everything HAS to be convenient, god forbid a little bit of effort.
    Because the zones just look better from 20-30 yards off the ground, simple as that.

World PVP my friend World PVP

It doesnt matter that you dont roll on a PVP server

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Because the zones just look better from 20-30 yards off the ground, simple as that.
    Plus I want shit done asap if It's like my 999999th alt lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by az2d View Post
    WoW has already become a great deal less social with LFR and LFD setup were u just sign in and get teleported to join a group of random ppl you don't know and prob never will. Back in the days ppl knew alot of ppl on their server since you had to search a group for dungeons and raids without LFD/LFR or cross-realm sht, and there weren't any stupid flying mounts. that constant feeling that you could get ganked at any moment in the world without escaping on your save flying mount, wonderfull..

now you even want flying mounts for every level ? great flying from point A to point B. might aswell play a Solo game. Hope they remove flying mounts in the future and dungeon/raid teleport sht.
    I've leveled five characters to 90 now with the usual mix of questing and instancing. Not once while questing in Pandaria riding along from point A to B in my shiniest ground mount has anyone asked me to join a group (unless it's a rare kill and the group is promptly disbanded afterwards), not once while fighting rares have I made a new entry on my friends list, and while we are at it I've seldom been ganked by opposite faction members except level capped players who get on their flying mounts after the job is done. I don't know what great social experience the lack of 85-90 flying has brought you but I sure as hell havn't experienced it. Riding about the practically deserted Pandaria zones (save for the Jade Forest and Halfhill) I "might as well be playing a Solo game" because everyone else cant be bothered with the tedium of riding about on a ground mount doing the same crappy quests on their fourth and fifth alts and are chain running instances, "monkey runs" or just normal runs.
    I'm happy riding around on your ground mounts has improved your social experience, but know that you are in a very small minority .

They havn't announced anything like this. Most likely you won't be able to fly in Pandaria before level 90 until next expansion, if then.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

I have 8 90's and I explore in my free time in between queues while listening to music or podcasts or something. They just need to suck it up and let us get flying for 85 alts. The tomes of cold weather flying were a great idea, but they just seem hell bent on making MoP as alt-unfriendly as possible.

why are people so against no flying mounts? and don't come with its slower to lvl. because its alrdy stupidly easy to lvl. and i don't even like the whole flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    this so much this - lvvling my dk atm and its literaly making me wanna barf when doing same zones over and over without flying for the 11 th time -_- ><

and you think they would not make it flower if they allowed flying mounts on alt?

and people need to relax and play your alt for fun. take your time to do stuff. and if you don't have the time and make that time.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    and you think they would not make it flower if they allowed flying mounts on alt?

and people need to relax and play your alt for fun. take your time to do stuff. and if you don't have the time and make that time.
    But the fun part doesn't start until max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaen View Post
    With 15 90's, I've really seen enough of Pandaria from the ground. I've gone as far as to level some in very different ways. I'm currently doing pet battles on a mage in Outland. He's level 89. I have a couple of level 87 healers and a level 86 tank who have fast queues and wind up sitting wherever they are and queuing for dungeons. I've also stopped buying Pandaria flying at max level for alts. They don't need it AFTER I've already finished leveling them.
    Can I ask how long your mage took to level to 89? Pet battles are really fun to me but I just don't see them being a productive way to level? I'd love to level a 90 through pet battling.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But the fun part doesn't start until max level.
    Lol apparently It's fun for him ahahahah

*cries in a corner

Lol apparently It's fun for him ahahahah

*cries in a corner
    To each his own, but don't deny others something because you think it's not needed or don't want to use it.

I presume it's to help the ground and world feel less empty, rather than wanting pre-90's to "see more of the world." It's rather "See more of each other" than anything else. Others have already pointed out that Blizzard has said they've no intention of non-level-cap characters gaining flying in this expansion.

It's occasionally irritating, and I tend not to see many other players, but I actually AM seeing some. In part it's that no one low level can speed around so it gives more opportunities to see other land-bound players. We don't finish groups of quests faster, so we sort of remain running around longer than we other wise would.

I actually don't mind being land-bound all that much, though it can sometimes be jarring when switching characters. I'm on my ... 4th alt, 5th quest-through of Pandaria, with one more alt in the wings looking at the Jade Forest.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really like that, but please no mailable tome thing since I have several servers I play on. I have several 90's heh, and I'm not done leveling yet and I've already footed my way around pandaria many many times.
    Last edited by Hilde; 2013-08-25 at 06:15 PM.

And flying is FUN.

Every time I consider getting MoP just to see the levels zones etc I remember no flying. I don't care enough about the story to deal with the not-fun gameplay that leveling a high level character without flying is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshrien View Post
    Can I ask how long your mage took to level to 89? Pet battles are really fun to me but I just don't see them being a productive way to level? I'd love to level a 90 through pet battling.
    It's horrendously slow. The mage is 90 now, though I did take him for some flight point pick ups around Pandaria (A bit of discovery xp) and went to look for the treasures of Pandaria (LOTS of xp from those!). He still did most of 89-90 in pet battles. The thing that made it work for me was having more than one account. I could pet battle on the mage while doing something else on another character on the other account, usually RP, but sometimes dungeons/lfr.

I'm going to guess it took twice as long as questing on average, but again, it was something I could do while doing other things. It would have been faster if I had paid more attention to it, and since I was searching for rares that I didn't have yet, I spent some time running around looking for paw marks on my map. If leveling was the sole purpose, it would be better to find a spot with a lot of paws and stay put.

I did pick up about ten rares that I didn't have before. Slow, but productive none-the-less.

10+ Year Old Account
    85 flying aside (which I think we should get) it makes me so mad that they don't let us fly on these retarded island zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by az2d View Post
    now you even want flying mounts for every level ? great flying from point A to point B. might aswell play a Solo game. Hope they remove flying mounts in the future and dungeon/raid teleport sht.
    I love bursting people's bubbles.

They're never going to remove those. Get used to them.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

why the fuck can't they do the woltk model that was amazing.
    This could be said about the whole game. Maybe their subs wouldn't (relative to WotLK) in the toilet.