Poll: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    with every one focusing on horde leaders. have you forgotten this?

Later, Anduin tried to get Velen to see what was happening outside the Exodar. The refugees were unhappy and demanding to see the Prophet; he was needed in the here and now. When Velen turned to face Anduin, he had a sudden vision of a hero in gleaming armor, leading not just the Horde and Alliance, but the dragons and naaru as well in a battle against the Burning Legion. When the refugees started a riot, leading to a fight with the draenei guards, Anduin rushed to Velen, begging him to stop the needless slaughter. Anduin asked what the war against the Legion meant for those fighting outside, and reminded him that every life is a universe to be protected. Wondering how he had become so lost that he must be taught by a mortal child, Velen went outside and, in a booming voice, berated both the refugees and his fellow draenei for what had occurred, walking out onto the blood-soaked ground to help heal the fallen. Realizing that he had become so focused on the future that he had lost sight of the present, he resolved that the draenei would go out into Azeroth and help heal the world.

isnt this also what wrathion wanted? a unifie'd horde and ally?

with all hints pointing towards a burning legion expac also.

and lastly. blizzard did say it would be some one no one expected.

nah, i wouldnt want, Mr. was going to see if he could move to the alliance, as warchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sagajin View Post
    Well then who better to play a roll in that than Lor'themar, even if he wasn't personally the gleaming armor vision in question. (Although a Belf would gleam the brightest. lol)
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-08-26 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The plumber View Post
    I never wrote that every person who plays a Blood elf is all of that, but the majority are. Please, don't exaggerate my words.
    They are?

Let's see the data that backs up your opinion.

with every one focusing on horde leaders. have you forgotten this?

Later, Anduin tried to get Velen to see what was happening outside the Exodar. The refugees were unhappy and demanding to see the Prophet; he was needed in the here and now. When Velen turned to face Anduin, he had a sudden vision of a hero in gleaming armor, leading not just the Horde and Alliance, but the dragons and naaru as well in a battle against the Burning Legion.
    I don't really see how this is relevant, the bolded passage could refer to anyone. And even if the two factions are unified, I doubt that the warchief will be an Alliance character.

I LOVE the character of Lor'Themar.

But not as warchief.
    Signature in progress...

I'm glad support for Lor'themar is winning the vote. The close minded orc only warchief crap needs to end. It bootstraps the story in a full retard mode direction given the vast majority of orc candidates.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, he wanted either the Horde or Alliance destroyed
    With only one faction standing dominant over Azeroth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    while Lor'themar is a born politician (much to his chagrin), .
    If i remmeber from his short story, he hates all the political paper work and all that and prefers combat, as he was/still is a Farstrider Ranger
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love Vol'jin, I'd rather have Lor'themar or Saurfang as Warchief.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    As much as I love Vol'jin, I'd rather have Lor'themar or Saurfang as Warchief.
    Please not saurfang I can see how that story is gonna go. We'll have a new warchief in 2 expansions because he dies of old age..

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Please not saurfang I can see how that story is gonna go. We'll have a new warchief in 2 expansions because he dies of old age..
    Blasphemy! He'll die in battle in a glorious rain of blood!
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Blasphemy! He'll die in battle in a glorious rain of blood!
    That's the thing though, he's going out one way or another the man is old as sin.

10+ Year Old Account
    id rather have voljin. though im not upset about lorthemar. to be honest, i like all the horde racial leaders except gallywix or garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    id rather have voljin. though im not upset about lorthemar. to be honest, i like all the horde racial leaders except gallywix or garrosh.
    I'm already losing interest in this game at an alarming rate. If they try to pull some outlandish shit with Gallywix I'm so out

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm already losing interest in this game at an alarming rate. If they try to pull some outlandish shit with Gallywix I'm so out
    Gallywix needs some love but I highly, HIGHLY doubt Blizzard would make him Warchief after essentially pretending he didn't exist for two expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lezarin View Post
    lorthomer is the opposite of Garrosh in my book where garrosh was the saturday night stag do on a rampage lorthemer is the refined teaparty .

In other words he,s the perfect diplomat the one best suited to rebuilding the fractured horde after garrosh,s blood lust .

Also voljin just lead an insurrection against the rightfully elected warchief(no matter how good his intentions its still an insurrection).sylvanis uses chemical warfare and does everything to advance her own factions agenda .

So its either lorthermar or cairnes son and baine isnt on the ground work long enough . so ye lorthermer is the best of a load of bad choices and might surprise a few people .

H,ed also go a long way towards calming things with teh alliance as he can be seen to be rebuilding etc rather than conquest so might set up more of a confrontation along story line with surprise attacks etc .he brings a considerable deal mroe too the story advancement than any of the other 3 options.
    Dude, you wrote Lor'themar's name four times in your post and all of them were wrong! :O Also it is Sylvanas, not Sylvanis.

OT: I support him as a Warchief. Maybe not as a "Warchief", but as a leader. He is a good candidate in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Yeah, judging Garrosh tactics to invade the Twilight Highland , I wonder how he managed to invade Ashenvale and have succes in Northrend campaign.

Lor'themar seems by far the most logical choice in the personnality aspect for a war tactical leader
    So judging from a cutscene? A cutscene which saw them surrounded by dragons ripping their ships apart? Ashenvale and Northrend were easymode for him.

He tried to bully me out of the Quel'delar but he's matured considerably since then. He's a hesitant leader, sure, but a skilled warrior that could be seated proudly in Orgrimmar despite the racial barrier, I think.

However, I could not support him as the Warchief. Aethas Sunreaver would, no doubt, be a part of his inner circle, and that ass is just another Kael'thas waiting to happen, right down to pulling on Jaina's pigtails. It would be a bad situation for everyone.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's going to be Lor'Themar.
    What some guys here don't seem to understand: it doesn't matter, which WC the Horde would like to have, the Alliance will have a big word to say about this.

Think about it:
    The Horde is weakened. Quite a lot of Orcs, which amounts to huge parts of the Horde, were following Garrosh. Voljin had to ask the alliance for help, he couldn't have done it himself with the remains of the horde. So when Garrosh is biting the dust, you have this weakened, partially disbanded Horde und the WHOLE FREAKING Alliance army, which is united as ever under their High King, standing in the remains of a sieged Orgrimmar, the Horde Capital.

So the Horde leaders probably want to give the WC title back to Thrall or Voljin, but Varian will have a problem with that. Varian knows Lor'Themar, he was negotiating with him, willing to take the Blood Elves back into the Alliance. What better choice is there, then to have an ally as the Warchief of the Horde?

Again, it doesn't matter what the Horde wants. The Alliance sure as hell could stomp OG and call it a day at this moment. Jaina is trigger Happy anyway, probably circling Dalaran like a massive, armed Airship over OG. They'll have to give in, accepting it.

Of course this causes friction, hell, Lor'Themar probably doesn't even want to be WC. This is the point though. He's a save choice. Chances that he goes apeshit and wants to conquer all of Azeroth are pretty slim. But this is also the reason, why he will be a good WC. He'll listen and think about his decisions.

Of course I can be wrong, I don't know what will happen. Might aswell be just Thrall standing there and saying "yep, guess it's me again!" and everyone else is like "kk". This is just the direction, that I think they'll go.

Maybe there won't be a new Warchief. The Alliance doesn't have any equivalent and they won the war. (High King is not a sovereign title, it is a military title much like Lothar/Turalyon/Daelin Proudmoore's "Supreme Commander" titles during Warcraft 2/3.) Perhaps the horde will have learned that giving one person so much power is futile. Maybe the Warchief position will be abolished and reserved only for dire times of war and emergency. (Much like the Alliance High King/Supreme Commander)

If so, that begs the question, who would be the orc's new racial leader? Furthermore, if there is a new Warchief and they are not an orc, who would the Orc's racial leader be?

Orcs that can fit the roll:
    Thrall - Doubt it, hes pure Shaman now)
    Saurfang - Doubt it, hes an old warrior, its time for some new blood.
    Rexxar - Would be really awesome and workable, but totally left field as the character has had little involvement in WoW entirely in the grand scheme of things.
    Eitrigg - He is an old orc, much like Saurfang, but with much less development.
    Nazgrim - This seemed like the likely candidate when you look at how much development this character had. But then... he seemingly dies as a raid boss so we can cross him off the list. (Or can we...?)

Judging by all the Nazgrim development and lack of likely orc candidates due noticeable lore presence or age, I would have put my money on Nazgrim as the new orc racial leader. But seeing as he is seemingly dead from the raid I am at a loss for who it could be. Unless Nazgrim somehow survives, I am unsure any of the other orcs on my list being chosen as a racial leader would be a good fit.

I am personally opposed to Saurfang being a racial leader due to his age, same with Eitrigg. (Both awesome characters that I love, I just don't see them as the right choice for the job.) The Horde needs some new, young blood to carry the torch. It was Thrall once, but he is not that person any more. In my list, that just leaves Rexxar. An awesome character and truly worthy of being the orc racial leader that I could get behind, it would just feel... out of no where... since Rexxar doesn't exactly have a whole lot of lore, especially since BC.
    Last edited by Beej; 2013-08-26 at 06:41 AM.