Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Overall I'd say PC. You can do a lot more with a PC and most of the features of the new consoles are things that have been on the PC for years and are just common place. Game wise the PC is a much more open market, games are cheaper and of much greater variety, not to mention all the emulation available to play console/arcade classics, aswell as some current games (DS), even if it isn't legal.

On top of that a current modern PC though more expensive is also much more powerful than any of the next generation consoles, and the graphical experience these new consoles will bring has already been with us on the PC's for years (for the most part). So yeah a PC does cost a lot more money (atleast at this point when you compare to PS4), but it offers a lot more too.

Save for a few select franchises that are exclusive to the consoles the PC gives you everything and more.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Just stick with your PC. In 2 years ps4/xbox1's hardware will be quite outdated and you wont be able to upgrade it.
    Okay then...

/checks the date for Grand Theft Auto V for his 8-year old PS3....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    For me it breaks down to:

Initial PC cost is more, BUT... graphically superior to console and higher FPS - True, but they continually cost money to keep up with the times.

Also, PC can be used for more than just games, and a helluva lot more diversity - so can my smart phone

and... PC games (new titles) are generally a lot less and also (god bless them) there's Steam specials. - I buy games used most of the time. $20 or less

and... controllers work just fine and more options to types of games you can play through the use of keyboard and mouse. - I don't got much for this one. I really wish Xbox would support a mouse and keyboard for playing games.

I would also argue backing up your steam games are quicker (external drive) - I speak from NO experience with console except for the odd rental to try it. - Prolly true, but not a huge concern.

Cons - well, not really - except portability. You can still put a PC in your living room and attach to your TV if need be - just like a console and use wireless controllers. - Can't bring a PC game to a friends house. And you can't play multi-player with a friend in your living room. Passing the controller is fun and all, but I personally love split screen games with friends.

oh - and of course the odd exclusive title - which you could just rent if it's THAT a big deal to play it.

So, yeah - I'm PC all the way.
    Marked some counter points to the list. If money was no object, i'd say get all 3 lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Having a right war in this head of mine and I cannot decide what to do but before you start throwing your opinions at me, let me tell you abit about my background so you can actually give a reason why you are suggesting

Ive always been a PC gamer but always had consoles too.. I like all the good old action adventure type of games played with a control pad, Tomb Raider most recently and Sleeping Dogs, I had on PC but played with a control pad..
    At the same time I also like shooting games like Counterstrike, call of duty and battlefield which I prefer to play with mouse and keyboard - but only because thats what I am used too, Id happily use a controller but FPS games but I am crap at it
    I was a heavy WoW player too and obviously mouse and keyboard is a must there, but tbh I think my love for MMOs have died so that isnt too important as part of this debate, plus MMOs usually cater for lower end rigs too so this system will probably still suffice for that.
    Racing games also, I like, and prefer controller..
    Lately I have actually been trying to really make the most out of big picture but it just isnt the same nor anywhere near as good as using a console

Thats pretty much where Im at...

Do I get a new PC ready for all these next gen games... probably costing £800
    or do I get one of the new consoles.... and then which console meh.. meh
    There is no PC vs ps4 vs xbox1. There is ONLY PS4 and X1, and WIIU if you are so inclined, since they are consoles and the PC isn't.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather purchase the PS4 than an Xbone, but I am so very bored of Japanese games. This is quite the conundrum. I don't know enough about PCs to be able to build one that would be cost efficient enough to outperform either of the next-gen consoles, and since I share a PC with 2 other people, a new console would be better suited for me.

Steam alone has saved me more money than I would have buying a console, not to mention pirating for those who chose to. I've been able to keep every single one of my computers alive by simply staggering my upgrades, a smart purchase during Christmas or black firday give my pc an extra 2 years of life playing at ultra.

The exclusive's are better for PC, the controls are better for PC(with the option to use console controllers if for whatever god forsaken reason you choose to), and if you're smart about when/how you buy the PC itself is only marginally more expensive for a decent PC that can make your games look better than console and the games are a lot cheaper/faster with a wider market to choose from.

There hasn't been a single game for Xbox, or PS that's sufficiently interesting to buy the system for. I'm sorry God of War 8 where Kratos destroys the world and zues for stubbing his toe on zues's coffee table does not intrigue me nor does Halo: I have the most boring protagonist in the history of sci-fi haven't been good since the 2nd. If I do feel the itch I can almost always borrow a friend's but I've only ever actually done that once and it was because I didn't have the money to buy Arkham city a game that was still on pc.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Marked some counter points to the list. If money was no object, i'd say get all 3 lol.
    You forgot one more:

Cons - well, not really - except portability. You can still put a PC in your living room and attach to your TV if need be - just like a console and use wireless controllers. - Can't bring a PC game to a friends house. And you can't play multi-player with a friend in your living room. Passing the controller is fun and all, but I personally love split screen games with friends. Slowly increasing DRM ISSUES.

Well, aside from MMO and RTS games, the PC has fewer and fewer exclusive titles these days it seems from other genres. And consoles are definitely better for things like sports games, racing games, and a couple other things like platformers.

Honestly, I think the biggest factor is what titles you want to play and what your budget is. Console gaming is considerably cheaper. You can buy a console and a brand new bigass TV and a bunch of accessories for cheaper than a high-end gaming rig which would have to be updated and stuff every couple years depending on how much performance you wanted out of it. The titles are equally important, I would say; what kind of games do you want to play, any particular franchises, etc. I have all three gen 6 consoles in addition to a PC simply because they were cheap enough to warrant getting them for the exclusive titles I wanted to play.

Only you can make up your mind, but if I was in your shoes, I would probably stick to console gaming, and at that I would stick to PS4, they have more and generally better exclusive titles, it's cheaper and Sony isn't full of complete dickwads. Even if you do have the budget, PC gaming is not something everyone enjoys more over consoles.

Please don't make threads asking what to buy; nobody can make that decision but you.