Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    But currently on the PTR is very hard for me to actually get the KS reset to work... melee range testing with 130ms

Pretty sure the dummies don't reset KS.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    Pretty sure the dummies don't reset KS.
    Pretty sure you cannot even shoot the dummies with Kill Shot since they don't drop below 20%

This might be the case... and I blame high ms in the few dodgy cases of Elites then

must be something about it checks for a kill on an unkillable object. And yes dummies can go below 20% on the PTR if you bash enough on it.
    Last edited by Lundmark; 2013-08-27 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been a few times where I kill shot a boss when he's at 2-3% and the boss doesn't reset it eve though there's a good 5-7 seconds after I hit Kill Shot and when the boss died. It's a kinda buggy mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    Pretty sure you cannot even shoot the dummies with Kill Shot since they don't drop below 20%
    Obviously you haven't been the on PTR, since they have dummies that are at 20% HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    Obviously you haven't been the on PTR, since they have dummies that are at 20% HP.
    I did not know that... I was on the PTR just playing around with a few things but never noticed a 20% dummy

- - - Updated - - -

Also... Blizzard official patch notes for build 17331 are up and we were buffed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...t_27-8_27_2013

Those numbers are the buffs to current live 5.3.....

Beast Mastery

Beast Cleave's range has been increased to 10 yards (up from 8 yards).
    Kill Command damage has been increased by 34%.
    Marksman

Aimed Shot now deals 450% ranged weapon damage (up from 350%).
    Binding Shot is no longer a Marksman Hunter ability and is once again a talent.
    Survival

Explosive Shot damage has been increased by 27%.
    Explosive Trap no longer shares a cooldown with Black Arrow but can no longer activate Lock and Load.
    Talents

A Murder of Crows now deals 40% more damage.
    Aspect of the Iron Hawk now reduces all damage taken by 10%, down from 15%.
    Glaive Toss no longer initiates auto-attack.
    Lynx Rush's damage has been increased by 30%.
    Narrow Escape's root effect is now a nature spell (was a physical spell).
    Silencing Shot is no longer a talent and is now an ability that replaces Counter Shot for Marksman Hunters.
    Spirit Bond now regenerates 3% of total health every 2 seconds while the Hunter's pet is active (up from 2%).
    Wyvern Sting now has a range of 40 yards (up from 35 yards).
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2013-08-28 at 01:25 AM.

Was a bit surpised about the ES damage increase. Datamined notes said 8%, But hey! they were datamined!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Was a bit surpised about the ES damage increase. Datamined notes said 8%, But hey! they were datamined!
    It is 8% vs the previous PTR build, but 27% vs live.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    the shot have travel time, the delay is because until the shot hits you dont know if it kill it or not, dosnt make any sense but thats how it Works, so you wait to see the damage from the kill shot and if said shot didnt kill the target reset, so yeah getting closer to the boss is a dps gain unless you cant stack on him due to mechanics.
    It's only a DPS gain if you where so far from the boss that the GCD came up before KS hit the boss, if not then it doesn't matter how close you are to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanezh View Post
    Buffs are nice but why aimed shot again? What about chimera ?
    If they buffed both AimedS and ChimS pvp would be unbalanced. All anyone would do was AimedS hard cast then ChimS RIGHT after and boom there goes half their health....

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    I did not know that... I was on the PTR just playing around with a few things but never noticed a 20% dummy

- - - Updated - - -

Also... Blizzard official patch notes for build 17331 are up and we were buffed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...t_27-8_27_2013

Those numbers are the buffs to current live 5.3.....

Beast Mastery

Beast Cleave's range has been increased to 10 yards (up from 8 yards).
    Kill Command damage has been increased by 34%.
    Marksman

Aimed Shot now deals 450% ranged weapon damage (up from 350%).
    Binding Shot is no longer a Marksman Hunter ability and is once again a talent.
    Survival

Explosive Shot damage has been increased by 27%.
    Explosive Trap no longer shares a cooldown with Black Arrow but can no longer activate Lock and Load.
    Talents

A Murder of Crows now deals 40% more damage.
    Aspect of the Iron Hawk now reduces all damage taken by 10%, down from 15%.
    Glaive Toss no longer initiates auto-attack.
    Lynx Rush's damage has been increased by 30%.
    Narrow Escape's root effect is now a nature spell (was a physical spell).
    Silencing Shot is no longer a talent and is now an ability that replaces Counter Shot for Marksman Hunters.
    Spirit Bond now regenerates 3% of total health every 2 seconds while the Hunter's pet is active (up from 2%).
    Wyvern Sting now has a range of 40 yards (up from 35 yards).
    You forgot to add in the RPPM change, which is a nerf to us as well as other classes. And you forgot about the removal of readiness.

I don't recall seeing any changes to ES before the datamined notes a couple days ago, so has ES been buffed additionally or not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    I don't recall seeing any changes to ES before the datamined notes a couple days ago, so has ES been buffed additionally or not?
    These 2 links show the ES buff:
    Blue's notes Aug 14th.
    PTR Patch 17299.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    Explosive Shot (along with Kill Command and Aimed Shot) has been buffed two separate times now... The first "numbers" pass (build 17299) and again in build 17331.

For a total buff of +27% compared to our current live damage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    You forgot to add in the RPPM change, which is a nerf to us as well as other classes. And you forgot about the removal of readiness.
    I did not forget, I was just linking part of the most recent ptr patch notes.

1) The buff to AMoC/Lynx Rush and the Arcane Shot buff have for the most part offset the dps gain of Readiness (Surv is fine, BM is still probably nerfed by the loss).

2) The RPPM nerf hit every class and should be undone once we start getting the new trinkets since it barely, if at all, affected our meta gem and tier bonuses.

Unless I am missing something important, how does the RPPM nerf affect us, and other classes, much beyond the first week or two. Once Bad Juju and Soul Charm are replaced, the nerf has little impact on us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beyond the first week or two? That's assuming that you kill all the bosses that drop our trinkets, the trinkets drop, and you win the roll on said trinkets.

Deleted
    So far so good, but our DoT is still the same. Again on fight where you need cleave and multi-DoTs we'll lag greatly behind.

Agreed. I would love to see a change come to our Serpent Sting. Maybe, if it is up on 3 or more targets (outside of SV) it can increase haste, crit, mastery, or something to make it worth it. Spitballing here, but I whole-heartedly believe that something could be done to increase our multi-dotting ability.

There's no mention of the data mined arcane shot buff in the official notes. Does that mean we are stuck with 125% WD vs 110% WD on live, with that increased focus cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    There's no mention of the data mined arcane shot buff in the official notes. Does that mean we are stuck with 125% WD vs 110% WD on live, with that increased focus cost?
    The actual weapon damage component in that datamined AS change wasn't affected, it was just the "additional damage" that was increased. So yes, it's still 125%. The datamined change was probably either an error, or Blizzard didn't think it was important enough to mention, or something along those lines.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/3044-arc...ot#17325-17331
    Main - Spirál - Hunter