Question about healing against my other healers?

Okay so basically we use to run a shammy disc priest and me a h pally

Me and the disc priest use to stay at about 80 hps and the shammy about 50ish

I've always been pretty decent at healing. We recently we got this badass monk healer to replace the shammy

Since he's came over I feel completely useless. My heals have dropped down to about 50 hps with the disc priest staying at where he was before. To me it just seems like I have the atonement/bubble and a monk blanketing everyone snipping heals and there's not much for me to get as quick as them with out cast times.

Has anyone had a situation like this? If so what did u improve.

Granted out priest has the meta and 600 cloak and monk with the meta. Me myself I'm close to meta but not there yet.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is how the resto shammy felt when he had to heal with you and the disc priest. Welcome to his world ...

You have already described the sitution and the cause, what more is there really you want to know? There is no cure. No magic button for you to push that you are not already pushing. Various healer classes combined tend to make a third healer more or less redundant. You could replace the monk with a druid and the the result would be the same for you. So it's not you per se but it's the combo working against you; disc has better shields and the monk keeps everyone topped so there is little for you to do, just as you previously just shield spammed everything with the disc priest and the resto shaman was relegated to be some kinda cooldown biatch.

Having the meta gem doesn't really change your overall healing very much, you heal like before and sometimes it's free so you can spam just a wee bit more. The cloak is a nice piece of stat boost on the other hand.

The solution? 2 heal things.

Well more or less I was curiously if there's something diff from the norm I should do now.

Also we do 2 heal 80% of bosses including heroics and the monk still just blows me away like I use to back in 5.1 and 5.2. Hopefully things change next pack. I know hps aren't everything since we progress and no one dies but hell it's still nice to be tops lol

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pretiwhitboy View Post
    Well more or less I was curiously if there's something diff from the norm I should do now.

Also we do 2 heal 80% of bosses including heroics and the monk still just blows me away like I use to back in 5.1 and 5.2. Hopefully things change next pack. I know hps aren't everything since we progress and no one dies but hell it's still nice to be tops lol
    Not to sound douchey (real word?) but go ret with a disc / monk healer combo in this tier.
    You cared enough to post.

Once you get your metagem and cloak you should be able to outheal the monk and be on par with the disc. In theory that is.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future