Deleted

Fire Elemental Glyph

in what kind of situation is worth using and in what not?

Mainly a fight with multiple burst phases who's duration and time between sed phases match up roughly with the glyphed FE totem, Jin'rokh for example. (Assuming the fight lasts long enough for a 2nd use of the glyphed totem)
    Last edited by Kyuuseishu; 2013-08-31 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    so use it in general on non bursty phase boss is a dps loss right even if stacked with trinkest ans racials right?
    also i suppose it work well when u can make the fire ele uptime greater then the unglyphed 1 for example 2 use of glyphed fire ele vs 1 on unglyphed

Quote Originally Posted by N30 View Post
    so use it in general on non bursty phase boss is a dps loss right even if stacked with trinkest ans racials right?
    also i suppose it work well when u can make the fire ele uptime greater then the unglyphed 1 for example 2 use of glyphed fire ele vs 1 on unglyphed
    You want to take it if the fight is going to be greater than 3min36, but less than 6minutes, or greater than 6min36.

The first FE you drop is usually always coupled with pre-pot, trinkets and heroism. but it is entirely fight dependant on whether you use it, fight length and so on, you could take a look at the elemental shaman sticky at the top has more information that I can offer ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to min/max
    -Fight Duration
    -Burst Phases
    -Prepot/Bloodlust

There is just no one right answer here.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    @wordup

basicly what i sayed use it if u can end up in an higher uptime then unglyphed 1

@kyu & irisel

i know the general lines asked cause a descussion opened between me and enothere ele he claim that in any occasion it is better cause the time it stay up is syncable with cds procs racial and claiming that the extra uptime that in some fight the unglyhed 1 is not at par with the "boosted" uoptime of the glyphed while im claim that is more fight dependand so i decided to listen some more peps to see who is wrong also he was surprised when he see me stacking full haste but this is another stroy

Deleted
    It's always case of fight. For example on DA 10H you could have 1m12s uptime with glyph and 1m without one, but i prefer in that last phase of fight (jolts) to drop earth elemental (reinforce) instead of getting extra 12s of uptime on FE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    You have to min/max
    -Fight Duration
    -Burst Phases
    -Prepot/Bloodlust

There is just no one right answer here.

This is the "right"est answer you'll get.

Just learn/know the glyph and keep yourself ALWAYS stocked full of Tomes of Forgetting Things (Because I can't even remember their name) and use it on a fight per fight basis.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account
    imo atm its better to have it glyphed all the time
    in worst case scenario you will lose 12sec uptime compared to unglyphed version but with glyph its perfectly lining up with Elemental Mastery which is huge boost to FE, not forgeting about ascendance wchich make your burst insane every 3 mins and force you to use EM on cd prabobly diference is not huge and you can even lose a bit dps on some fights but quality of gaming is much higher with glyph

and im talking from enh perspective so no ascendance cd reduction here, im not sure how its working with elemental set bonuses ;P

5.4 is coming soon tho with huge changes so there is no point in thinking to much about it i supose although what is nerf for me may be boost for you who knows ;P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-08-31 at 01:28 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    imo atm its better to have it glyphed all the time
    in worst case scenario you will lose 12sec uptime compared to unglyphed version but with glyph its perfectly lining up with Elemental Mastery which is huge boost to FE, not forgeting about ascendance wchich make your burst insane every 3 mins and force you to use EM on cd prabobly diference is not huge and you can even lose a bit dps on some fights but quality of gaming is much higher with glyph

and im talking from enh perspective so no ascendance cd reduction here, im not sure how its working with elemental set bonuses ;P

5.4 is coming soon tho with huge changes so there is no point in thinking to much about it i supose although what is nerf for me may be boost for you who knows ;P
    for ele using EM is not a good choice (with all haste we have we go in cgd with it) and i dont wonna be in error but "normal" fe don't scale haste/mastery/crit

10+ Year Old Account
    for ele using EM is not a good choice (with all haste we have we go in cgd with it) and i dont wonna be in error but "normal" fe don't scale haste/mastery/crit
    I'm damn near positive, both empowered and normal FE scale.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

both scale with melee haste and crit

I'd also like to point out that - unless you are going for heroic boss progress - you can just forget all that math work and decide do you like having a 2.5 min FET (5.4 change) or a 5 min FET.

Min/maxing FET's damage output will most probably have no effect on whether you down a normal (or flex/lfr) boss or not, so do not overexert yourself with the mathematical mumbo-jumbo if that is not something you like - i myself go for the Glyph when i am using the PE talent and go without the Glyph when i am not using the PE talent.

For 5.3 in ToT in almost all fights exept Jin'rok fi you do him on 1-2 pools or Dark animus if you use Zerg tactic FET is DPS bust becous its stack well with EM ,
    in 5.4 untyl you wont get CD reduction trinket this glyph sux, but when you get trinket it reduce Glyphed fire elemental CD to like 1 min 50 sec - 1min 36 sec depend what version you will have ( LFR flex normal HC Thunderforged or not) what make its almost perfectly stacking with EM and then it will be DPS, buff once agein

It is just math, every fight that is around 3-5 min use glyph. 5-6 min no glyph, 6+ min use glyph (only Lei Shen left for me that is this long and its a nice fight to glyph it).

etc.etc.etc. Gonna change a bit in 5.4 now tho with 2.5 min cd and longer fights again since its tuned. Cleared full hc since april means overgear atm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Heck, even the "per fight" answer can deppend. When I began raiding ToT it was more that obvious that it was a dps gain since we went all 4 phases to kill Jin Rok. Now a days Jin is dead before the 3rd pool is down or shortly after so glphing the elemental is a dps loss.

To me, its always this: Will the up time be longer? if yes - glyph, if no - no glyph.
    Yeah, it's entirely user based discretion and how your raid is maintaing against the boss.

On that note, I can't suggest this addon enough. It's called TimeToDie.

It estimates the targeted mob's time until death based on your raids CURRENT DPS. It won't be a static number and will go up and down with player deaths, Hero, everything of the sort. It definitely helps you know, comparative to %'s when the best time to use things are and how often you'll get to use them at the current rate. It's all relative to your current DPS but it's always accurate.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature