Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I'd rather see 2 separate 6 boss raids than 1 large 12 boss raid in a given tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Im having 12, Ill take 8 and 4 my self.

Around 10 for a single raid zone and 12 for split in terms of longevity. A lot of players ignored T4W effectively making it a 10 boss raid. I like the split up largely due to split lockouts allowing groups and PuGs for that mater to focus on smaller chunks and do another a different time as well as not having to full clear a raid just to get to the last boss.

14 bosses feels like too much, and the 12 in Throne of Thunder are tbh pushing it a bit. 12-14 would only be okay if they were split into seperate raids. Having that much in one raid just makes it feel too long - you start to get sick of the place.

Look at Siege of Orgrimmar; the first four bosses in the vale could/should have been a seperate raid.

I think around 10 for a single instance is about right.

10-18 bosses. I hate small raids

The number doesn't matter as much as the quality of encounters.
    Firelands had 7 bosses but were far more memorable encounters than Dragon Soul and most of T14.

Spirit Kings, Elegon, All of HoF minus Empress get honorable mention.

I didn't raid ToT but most of what I've seen looks pretty ace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smaller tiers, more often. Dragon Soul's 8 bosses was perfect, imo.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Get out. Don't be trollin', bro.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    I hope the devs don't listen to you

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I would like 8-10.

More then 10 and you start getting fights that really feel like they were added as filler, maybe this is something they could work on in the future. I don't think the typical 'first boss' really has a place in raiding anymore. There is no reason that 90% of heroic guilds should be able to go in and clear the first boss on the first day of heroic raiding. For example I think that ToT could have easily started with Horridon, Jin'rok really didn't add anything to the experience of the raid as far as i'm concerned.

I prefer single, big raids like the majority here. Ulduar, Naxx, ICC, Karazhan, Black Temple, Throne of Thunder.... All my favorites raids. And with big pulls of trash! Well, not annoying trash as the Horridon one... But something similar to Naxx trash is nice! Catching to the boss, like any traditional RPG had.

I don't know why, but small raids don't give the same epic feeling. When you start enjoying the place, it is over. For example, I liked Firelands, but it was over too quickly... Meaning, you got to Ragnaros in no time and had to spend way too much time banging the head against his unforgiven mechanics. Same with bastion of Twillight... Too small!

As for the number of bosses... 12 is a good number. Maybe more, if there are wings or some "bonus" bosses, AKA bosses you can kill without too much trouble for more motivation/fun/gearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Get out. Don't be trollin', bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by AscSinister View Post
    I hope the devs don't listen to you
    You both hurt my feelings : ( Nobody's trolling.

I think if the devs could stick with their promise of "monthly patches" and such, it wouldn't be outrageous to expect smaller raid tiers, but more frequent. I'd rather have something small with new and interesting mechanics every ~3-4 months than an Ulduar every year. Prevents stagnation and such. And frequent changes of scenery.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

minimum 12, with 3-4 wings/branches. I do not like linear raids where you have to go in a particular order. Giving choices you can down one boss first for that little bit of extra gear that you might need for another boss. With linear, either you do it, or your done.

I think 8-10 bosses in a perfect number. I personally hate raids that have 11-16 bosses, I think that that is too many and that it stretches encounter design thin IMO. Although some of the bosses in FL and DS were stupid (from a design standpoint) I think that those instances had the perfect number of bosses.

12-16, 12 being the absolute minimum. Never again in my life do I want to see a tier with sub 12 bosses. Dragon Soul and Firelands were abominations of raids. While SOME fights were interesting the fact that SoO has 1 less boss than those two combined says enough(and im glad blizzard learned). Firelands would have been much better had they released the abyssal maw. Im still surprised that it never made it's way into cataclysm considering we experiences the three other elemental planes and the story to vashj'ir was left unfinished

anyways my point is 12 minimum 16 maximum. If you do more than 16 then it will be a serious chore come farm time.