Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Help a fellow Rogue out - Assassination DMG - 543 vs Simcraft

Hi there,

I would appreciate if you guys helped me with the following problem:
    Last night we did some DPS-test on the raiddummy with all raidbuffs/debuffs.

Although i was on top of the meter i noticed a ~30k difference to what i was supposed to do according to simcraft.

My ILVL: 543
    my armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/onyxia/Dreirads%C3%B6ren/advanced
    the log in question: worldoflogs.com/reports/0mikwnslnlgd2adh/sum/damageDone/
    did the test twice: worldoflogs.com/reports/qpuevtnme4josvbh/sum/damageDone/

the simcraft settings: (using up to date version 530-6)
    i.imgur.com/n89lyjA.png

the simcraft breakdown: (edited)
    pastebin.com/Zv58z3Df

So i did ~199k DPS twice, according to simcraft with the above settings (did the override to make sure boss isn't below 35%) i should do 221.
    Thats a 10% gap and nowhere near acceptable for me.

I also compared dmg-% of the abilities and noticed use of envenom was a bit low. Nothing was out of the ordinary tho, so i cant really explain the 10% difference especially because the sims and the results of my fellow raiders reflect their skill. So i don't think the simcraft settings were wrong since i used them for anyone in the raid.

Would really appreciate your time helping a fellow rogue!

Cheers
    Dreiradsören
    Last edited by mmocbdd852c245; 2013-08-27 at 10:50 PM.

You got a full group+stormlash+bloodlust+food buff+flask to test on a dummy?

Deleted
    yeah brah

Can you post the SimC Breakdown?

Deleted
    pastebin.com/XU8zE6Gb

Deleted
    guess dats a clear case of: l2p bra, just get the dmg going dude

serious now

l2p xD

Infracted: spam.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-08-28 at 11:21 AM.

Please tell me if I'm missing something, but the first thing I notice is your not using Slice and Dice... Is this intentional? Sims do count on you using that for the extra haste, bassicly considered baseline, and with Ass it should not be any lower then 100% up time due to the auto refresh from envenom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how to read the data, but I did see

slice_and_dice : start= 1.0 refresh= 37.5 interval= 0.0 trigger= 5.6 uptime=100% benefit=100%
    So you might have missed something.

Deleted
    slice and dice is up 100% xD

due to a not working raiddummy-profile in simcraft the values were a bit off first, i edited the links

(simcrafted dps now 221k) still not acceptable for me
    Last edited by mmocbdd852c245; 2013-08-27 at 10:52 PM.

Odd, I am not an expert at reading them but even looking over mine on buffs gained I show 0% and when I go look at my logs it shows under the same tab as having it up, odd I say, odd!

Edit: I see it on the log browser but this is the first time I've not seen it on the buff page for the character.
    Last edited by Shakapopolus; 2013-08-27 at 10:56 PM.

Deleted
    Lets drink some Ouzo xD

infracted: spam
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-08-28 at 03:10 AM.

You know one thing looking at your armory, you have reforged a lot into haste, like, reforging into mastery would net you almost 25% overall in raid, which is huge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakapopolus View Post
    You know one thing looking at your armory, you have reforged a lot into haste, like, reforging into mastery would net you almost 25% overall in raid, which is huge.
    this has nothing 2 do with this topic. SimC is using only my items

Quote Originally Posted by Shakapopolus View Post
    Based on Simulations? Rofl
    Its funny though, i tried this. 15min full rotation (no buffs) First full mastery, then full haste. Haste gave me about 13k more DPS over this span. But my SimDPS on wowprogress went up by like 13k when reforged mastery which is wrong..

I believe real life more then a simulation.

So basically i have full haste and beating the crap out of anyone who has full mastery.

Were you hitting a dummy or in a raid. Makes a big difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    Were you hitting a dummy or in a raid. Makes a big difference.
    What do you mean? There are dummies that are classified as raid bosses.
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Based on Simulations? Rofl
    Its funny though, i tried this. 15min full rotation (no buffs) First full mastery, then full haste. Haste gave me about 13k more DPS over this span. But my SimDPS on wowprogress went up by like 13k when reforged mastery which is wrong..

I believe real life more then a simulation.

So basically i have full haste and beating the crap out of anyone who has full mastery.
    Yes, haste is better for a pure patchwerk-type of encounter when you got a 100% uptime on the target. Now, how many bosses there is in Throne of Thunder that include no adds and no movement, allowing you to tunnel the boss straight out? For us and our way of killing the bosses, there's none. Jin'rokh is close, but he dies too fast for haste to be better for me than the burst that mastery kind of guarantees. That being said, I raid 10m heroics and from what I could imagine, for 25man you might be able to tunnel all the time on ra-den so that's one possible encounter. For pretty much any other, mastery over haste (12.9k mastery and 8.5k ish haste in my gear) has been working better for me. And obviously for many other rogues who've cleared heroic throne of thunder.

That's something to consider when starting to bash people for using mastery over haste.

Deleted
    Log 1: You wasted half your pre-pot and initial trinket procs before using SB/Vend/Bers - why?
    Log 2: On the opener, you chose to delay Vendetta until 40% into your Renataki proc - why?
    Log 2: You delayed SB/Berserking until after Renataki proc was done - why?
    Log 2: You combat potted with absolutely no cooldowns running - why?

Either there's something wrong with the logs, or you made some (to me) odd game play decisions that could easily account for the discrepancy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    Log 1: You wasted half your pre-pot and initial trinket procs before using SB/Vend/Bers - why?
    Log 2: On the opener, you chose to delay Vendetta until 40% into your Renataki proc - why?
    Log 2: You delayed SB/Berserking until after Renataki proc was done - why?
    Log 2: You combat potted with absolutely no cooldowns running - why?

Either there's something wrong with the logs, or you made some (to me) odd game play decisions that could easily account for the discrepancy.
    im always waiting for bloodlust to use sb/vend/bers in the beginning of the fight. Do you think its more worth to use them directly even if BL isnt active at this time ?

I remember 1 phase in that dummy fight i failed activating sb/berserking and realized it few secs later and paniced on my cooldown button totally my bad there. (normally this wont happen)

for the pot i waited for some procs/cooldown overlays to use it, when it was late in fight i used it without anything, because it was still better than no pot.

Im currently at work and cant check the logs if im right with my explanations but i guess that were the reasons.

what odd game play decisions do you mean ?
    Im very happy you took your time to help me

don't forget that the dummy is 100% hp, this means no execute phase and less dps