Thread: Is it worth...

10+ Year Old Account

Is it worth...

... to break t15 4pcs (normal shoulder) with tf shoulder from megaera since in 5.4 (SoO) we will get huge nerf with 4 pcs bonus set (down from 40% to 15%) ?

thx

ShadowCraft

If you want to compare before and after the patch, change the Patch/Engine setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    very intersting, according to sc when change the Patch/Engine setting to 5.4 ptr and instead normal t15 hands (break t15 4 pcs set) put http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96121 i got small upgrade of around 600 dps !!!

In general with the nerf to T15 4pc its actually very easy to break as assassination, you'll generally be able to break it with the first piece of tier (or well itemized off set gear for that matter).
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    In general with the nerf to T15 4pc its actually very easy to break as assassination, you'll generally be able to break it with the first piece of tier (or well itemized off set gear for that matter).
    Isn't the 4 pc for assassination already the weakest one of the expansion so far? Burst it's definately strong so on a quick fight like jin'rok when you can use it in the pools it's probably pretty good but other wise I know that it seems pretty lack luster for over all dps.

Personally when I was looking at shadow craft the 4 pc. vs. comparable ilv better itemized pieces that shadow craft only gave me like a 1400 or so dps upgrade so it seems pretty easy for SoO ilv gear to be able to break it for assassination.

Combat on the other hand is like the red headed step child of MoP and keeps getting slapped around for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Isn't the 4 pc for assassination already the weakest one of the expansion so far? Burst it's definately strong so on a quick fight like jin'rok when you can use it in the pools it's probably pretty good but other wise I know that it seems pretty lack luster for over all dps.

Personally when I was looking at shadow craft the 4 pc. vs. comparable ilv better itemized pieces that shadow craft only gave me like a 1400 or so dps upgrade so it seems pretty easy for SoO ilv gear to be able to break it for assassination.
    IIRC ShC, because of how it operates differently from a simulation, doesn't quite feed the value of the 4p at the moment because it doesn't do the full run of stacking cooldowns with procs, then losing everything, and letting them line up further on. That said, after the nerf, it's pretty well neutered.

If you meant the weakest of 4p bonuses for assassination this expansion rather than the weakest of, say, all class/specs, we've only had 2, so I'm at a loss.

For combat the dps when you have T15 heroic 2/2 (4-set) and then go for T16 normal 2/2 (2-set) seem to be identical.

T15 237507.2 DPS
    T16 237482.3 DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    IIRC ShC, because of how it operates differently from a simulation, doesn't quite feed the value of the 4p at the moment because it doesn't do the full run of stacking cooldowns with procs, then losing everything, and letting them line up further on. That said, after the nerf, it's pretty well neutered.

If you meant the weakest of 4p bonuses for assassination this expansion rather than the weakest of, say, all class/specs, we've only had 2, so I'm at a loss.
    Was something I heard over on EJ maybe it was just compared to both 2/4 pc t14 which I know that for assassination even the 2 pc t14 blew thew 4 pc t15 out of the water. But maybe if as you say and it's not correctly modeled on shadowcraft then I dunno.

But as far as lining up from everything I've heard it's not worth waiting for shadow blades and to pretty much use vendetta/shadow blades on CD so really they only line up as you say at the start, 6 min, 12 min mark (unless mechanics force you to push vendetta to later and then it is a lot easier to line them up) and in current content a lot of fights are getting pushed lower and lower causing them to not last that long period.

Personally since I'm glad they took this step so that people aren't forced to use old gear and can upgrade with a lot more freedom although I do feel bad for combat main spec rogues since it seems like they keep getting slapped in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    But as far as lining up from everything I've heard it's not worth waiting for shadow blades and to pretty much use vendetta/shadow blades on CD so really they only line up as you say at the start, 6 min, 12 min mark (unless mechanics force you to push vendetta to later and then it is a lot easier to line them up) and in current content a lot of fights are getting pushed lower and lower causing them to not last that long period.
    Nope. On a fight say, 5 minutes long, you'd delay your second shadowblades to line up with your third vendetta. You use cooldowns on cd unless you can line them up without losing an use.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Shinob1 View Post
    For combat the dps when you have T15 heroic 2/2 (4-set) and then go for T16 normal 2/2 (2-set) seem to be identical.

T15 237507.2 DPS
    T16 237482.3 DPS
    Without AoC yes T16 2pc is quite competitive with T15 4oc however once you have AoC (and as a combat rogue you really need AoC) T15 4pc becomes much more powerful to the point where you won't be able to replace it till T16 heroic 4pc.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet