Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hybrid is a bad word and those who use it should feel bad.

"Tank" isn't a role in pvp really, since it's not like you can taunt and threat on people. Warriors and DK shouldn't come under your random umbrella, since all they can really do is deal damage.

OT: Ret/Enh/Feral would be hybrids, Wars/DK's no. You know, since the only things you can really do in pvp are damage and heal. My taunts don't seem to work for some reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Except i dont think he realize what he said with his post. You are too kind to him tho

mmmmmmages
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Hybrid is a bad word and those who use it should feel bad.
    Definition:
    Hybrid classes are classes which can fill more than one of the core roles: tank, healer, or damage dealer (DPS).
    What about priests? They are both healers and DPS. Which of those two roles doesnt work in pvp?

Yeah.. thats what i thought

This is not rocket science and im starting to suspect someone is trolling me hard because noone can be this ignorant.
    I hope i wont get infracted for this because i mean it in the kindest way possible while still being completely honest.

I wont respond to anyone else discussing what a hybrid is because it is obviously a waste of time.
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2013-08-28 at 01:08 AM.

Yes, you fail to understand that "tank" isn't a legit role in pvp. Priests aren't "pure" because they can damage and heal in pvp.
    DK, Warriors, Monks, Paladins and Druids unfortunately cannot build threat on hostile players. The "tank" role doesn't exist in pvp.

Anyway, you seem to believe only what you want to believe, doesn't make sense trying to convince you otherwise.

Yes, you fail to understand that "tank" isn't a legit role in pvp. Priests aren't "pure" because they can damage and heal in pvp.
    DK, Warriors, Monks, Paladins and Druids unfortunately cannot build threat on hostile players. The "tank" role doesn't exist in pvp.

Anyway, you seem to believe only what you want to believe, doesn't make sense trying to convince you otherwise.
    Oh, "tank" is not in PvP? Then why can you queue as a "tank" and why do they allow "tank" spec in PvP? Oh right..
    Just because you cannot "tank" in PvP does not mean classes can't be "tanks". See what im saying? Tank is tank wether it's PvE or PvP, do tanks work as intended in PvP? No.

So you basically agree with me? You probably need to do some edits to get your point across.

Anyway, whether or not you want to admit it, the role "tank" doesn't really apply to pvp. Just a fyi, but the "tank" option in random bg queues is ripped straight from the random dungeon tool. I wish I were able to ensure that enemies are attacking me instead of my allies.

The only real hybrid is a Toyota Prius.

OP here

back on top plz ladies. no more btchn about the definition of a hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Who cares tho. I just got stuck up when someone is basically calling people ridicolous for calling hybrids hybrids :P
    Didn't mean to derail the thread, but hybrid in pvp and pve don't mean the same thing FYI in most peoples eyes including mine. Hybrids in pve can "fit multiple roles" by switching specs before encounters; hybrids in PVP can "fit multiple roles" during a fight which essentially means dpsing and healing in the same spec. Saying a dk can tank because in a select few rbgs they can pose as a fc by pre-determining their spec while things like rets can heal and dps at the same time in any environment are both the same kind of hybrid is just not correct. By your logic warlocks are also hybrids since they can FC in rbgs and the only pures are rogues, mages and hunters. Rogues can FC in some groups ive seen so hell maybe they can be called hybrids too (only half joking lol). 3 pures and 8 hyrbids doesn't make much sense in pvp does it.

Anyway, looking over the rogue buffs they are getting even more than I thought, all 3 specs could easily be viable in certain comps, especially with how amazing they scale. Rogues are definitely making a comeback in 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Didn't mean to derail the thread, but hybrid in pvp and pve don't mean the same thing FYI in most peoples eyes including mine. Hybrids in pve can "fit multiple roles" by switching specs before encounters; hybrids in PVP can "fit multiple roles" during a fight which essentially means dpsing and healing in the same spec. Saying a dk can tank because in a select few rbgs they can pose as a fc by pre-determining their spec while things like rets can heal and dps at the same time in any environment are both the same kind of hybrid is just not correct. By your logic warlocks are also hybrids since they can FC in rbgs and the only pures are rogues, mages and hunters. Rogues can FC in some groups ive seen so hell maybe they can be called hybrids too (only half joking lol). 3 pures and 8 hyrbids doesn't make much sense in pvp does it.

Anyway, looking over the rogue buffs they are getting even more than I thought, all 3 specs could easily be viable in certain comps, especially with how amazing they scale. Rogues are definitely making a comeback in 5.4.
    Ehm, warlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by seander View Post
    Ehm, warlocks?
    Read what he wrote: "By your logic warlocks are also hybrids since they can FC in rbgs".

And no, dks and warriors are NOT hybrids in PvP plain and simple. Can you play protection in PvP with the intent to soak damage/peel targets off others? Yes. Does it do so the same way it's done in PvE? Absolutely not. They do it the same way a warlock, rogue, mage, or hunter do it. Ergo, not tank in PvP and so are not hybrids since they can't serve the only other role that's actually utilized in PvP: dedicated healing.

On topic: Most OP class is looking to be ret/feral/uh for melee and lock/hunter/mage for ranged. Nothing is really changing except the weaker specs/classes being boosted a little and the stronger classes basically remaining where they are because the nerfs they're getting are pretty much nothing.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-08-28 at 07:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    Dk's are hybrids?
    We can tank and dps.

Also we are more effective at ranged damage than many other melee (dots, death coil, howling blast etc), lost count of the times I killed a player with death coil as unholy.

we are talking about hybrid classes. that means he can preform multiple roles either in pvp or pve. just because you think a role doesn't work in pvp doesn't mean its not a hybrid class. its not like if you focus on pvp you can't do anyting pve releated right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    we are talking about hybrid classes. that means he can preform multiple roles either in pvp or pve. just because you think a role doesn't work in pvp doesn't mean its not a hybrid class. its not like if you focus on pvp you can't do anyting pve releated right?
    That's why we talk in a PVP forum. Its the context that matters here. Nobody cares whatever the "real" definition of what a hybrid is, but what it means between pvp players. Why is that so hard to grasp?

About the frost DK thing, that is a bug on the PTR and it was tweeted as such and that it would be fixed. Frost DKs still gods in BGs, trash in Arena. Move Along.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    About the frost DK thing, that is a bug on the PTR and it was tweeted as such and that it would be fixed. Frost DKs still gods in BGs, trash in Arena. Move Along.
    Mmmm I'm not too sure about that. Frost DKs have been known to be glass cannons, but with those incoming buffs, that glass is going to be even more sharp. We might see a return of double healer + frost DK in 3s. Overall, I think the class is going to be putting out so much damage that it'll have to become priority kill target in arena. And it's not totally trash in arena; my buddy who like never CCs... ever, and really isn't all that great in PvP got 1800+, so it can't be that terrible. Sure the survivability sucks, but that doesn't mean that they aren't viable.

To OP: Windwalkers are getting some nice changes with that mastery, but rogues are just scary... so my vote is: 1: Assassination rogues, 2: Hunters (probs not BM as much.... That readiness nerf is going to hurt their burst and control pretty bad.), 3: Windwalker monks, 4: Frost DKs, 5: possibly still Elly shamans. We'll just have to see how it turns out though, .

10+ Year Old Account
    Rets windwalkers, and hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    Dk's are hybrids?
    UH are
    10 chars

thank you for derailing my thread to discuss what a hybrid is. great work guys.

moderator please close this bullshit thread I tried to make. thanks