Legendary questline troubles

I main as a holy pally, and second in Prot, and am having the worst time trying to beat the Sha Amalgamation in the Thunder Forge scenario.

I heal the Defender, but hes the biggest retard of a tank, and I always seem to run out of anvils before the Sha gets low enough for Wrathion to get off his ass.

No luck in prot, as I simply do too little dmg to be effective, and I cant seem to heal up the defender enough to do good dmg himself. My best run I ran out of anvils again and the Defender spent most of his time stunned.

Any tips?
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

Don't know what your ilvl is but I solo'd it as Prot at 528 with like 2-4 (Dont remember exactly) anvils left running a full Haste build (Haste in everything). Just pop cooldowns then he does his stuff and wait to hit the anvil for about 10 seconds or so. GoAK can cover one Un-Glyphed DivProt another AD another and Devo another finally Bubble one. Doing that and delaying when you hit the anvils should buy you a fair bit of time. If you still cant do it just pick up a Ret spec.

I tried doing this today as prot and could not down him before I ran out of anvils. I had to go ret to kill him.
    what

Deleted
    I did it on my 2nd prot pally last week or so in 511 ilvl. 30k dps or so. got to the execute part slightly after using my last anvil.

Got it.

I switched to a more damage-oriented build and squeaked by. Thanks for the advice!
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

You know you could have just healed yourself and let the guardian regen right? If the guardian dies he comes back after a short amount of time.