Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    TBH i dont see why not belfs cant be druids

but the next race to embrace druidism will be the pandas mark my words

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    They already are warriors, i'm pretty sure they do many dirty's work in that way
    They have swords though.

10+ Year Old Account
    obviously Gnome Druids are actually mecha-gnome-transformers, they are robot-humanoids that turn into robot cats and robot bears.

Interestingly enough there are Druid-lost ones in zangarmarsh, if the broken can learn shamanism and teach it to the draenei, why can't they also learn druidism as well?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    TBH i dont see why not belfs cant be druids

but the next race to embrace druidism will be the pandas mark my words
    A bear shapeshifting into a bear? Hopefully no, since that would be silly... Eh, then again we already have a human, shifting into a wolf, shifting into a bear/cat/raven/tree...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Who wouldn't be a Troll Druid?... Seriously.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    They have swords though.
    You know warriors use fist-weapon too right, and also look at the monks, most of their attacks are bare-handed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Of course I know that, and the conversation you linked prooves that they didn't take inspiration from the Night Elves, if anything they did the opposite by saying how the Night Elves are in fact wrong, and how the tauren DRUIDISM is based upon the Night Elf druidism, which only involves Elune and the Moon, where as Tahu here is basically saying that there is more to being a druid than the Moon and Elune, thus the order of the SUNwalkers and the Seers.

And yes, the Order of the Silver Hand consisted of clerics with warrior training, your point? A Paladin still isn't a "battle-priest" as such, that's a cleric - classic D&D'esque fantasy rules.

Now you're making no sense.
    It's right there, for all to see.
    You read, say nothing about it and dismiss it just because.

I'd mention Uther and Faol once again with this
    "Uther was a knight and apprentice cleric to Archbishop Alonsus Faol in the First War, and had been a worshipper of the Holy Light since his youth. Uther met the archbishop when he was simply Bishop Faol, and he served as Uther's spiritual advisor and mentor. The fall of Stormwind made Faol realize that sometimes faith was not enough to combat the evil forces of the world. He decided to create a new order that could fight the enemy with both the gift of Light and martial prowess. He offered Uther a place among them, thus the Knights of the Silver Hand – the paladins were born. At the Alonsus Chapel in Stratholme, Uther became the first of the new order, and their leader. It was a glorious moment for the Alliance and believers of the Holy Light."

Priests turned into Paladins, if you like it or not.
    Taurens thinking about how the Elves "put great stock in the light given by the moon" and then forming a sect of Light warriors that focus on the power of the SUN, just as the NE priests do.

If tauren can make a sect of priests where before there was none, AND a sect of paladins out of thin air, what's stopping the Night Elves from doing the same? It makes much more sense than the Tauren doing it and YET they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Would make the most sense since the concept of balance and harmony existed long before our furry friends became playable; as druids
    Yes they do, i was quite surprised that the Pandarens couldn't be druids, but i guess we will see that coming in the next expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post

"Uther was a knight and apprentice cleric to Archbishop Alonsus Faol in the First War, and had been a worshipper of the Holy Light since his youth. Uther met the archbishop when he was simply Bishop Faol, and he served as Uther's spiritual advisor and mentor. The fall of Stormwind made Faol realize that sometimes faith was not enough to combat the evil forces of the world. He decided to create a new order that could fight the enemy with both the gift of Light and martial prowess. He offered Uther a place among them, thus the Knights of the Silver Hand – the paladins were born. At the Alonsus Chapel in Stratholme, Uther became the first of the new order, and their leader. It was a glorious moment for the Alliance and believers of the Holy Light."

Taurens thinking about how the Elves "put great stock in the light given by the moon" and then forming a sect of Light warriors that focus on the power of the SUN, just as the NE priests do.

If tauren can make a sect of priests where before there was none, AND a sect of paladins out of thin air, what's stopping the Night Elves from doing the same? It makes much more sense than the Tauren doing it and YET they did.

Yeah i completely agree, and we also have seen many Night Elfs priest taking weapons to fight, so is not a strange concept for the night elfs

- - - Updated - - -

would also mean you wouldn't have to go about making another race a druid on the other side to balance the numbers. Cause no other races in this game should be a druid; troll druids were terrible enough.
    They were quite weird, but i like the idea of Blood Elf druids :P, but IMO the first should add Gnome hunters XD

this only applies to humans anyway, and the "Uther was a knight" contradicts abit your point...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

Clerics (the word Priest didn't enter until Warcraft 3) turned into Paladins and formed the Order of the Silver Hand, yes.
    Night Elf priests do not focus on the Sun, they focus on the Moon.

And I'm not saying that the Night Elves can't form a Paladin Order, I don't know why you think I am. Of course they can, in a way they already do have - The Wardens. A secret group of Night Elf warrior-women who act as the police and judges of the Night Elf society, removing criminals and other scum, serving the justice of Elune - the only major difference between them and a "regular" paladin is the fact that one uses Shadow and the other uses Light.

Oh and finally, judging from Baine's (I think it was Baine's) short-story, the Order of the Sunwalker is infact a very old one, which was recently revived.

Though, we still have very different ideas of what a "battle-priest" is though. I'm just guessing you never played any D&D though.

15+ Year Old Account
    crappy developers
    indeed, so much potential on this game is lost for gameplay

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes they do, i was quite surprised that the Pandarens couldn't be druids, but i guess we will see that coming in the next expansion
    Why? They've lived secluded for 10.000 years, with no contact to the Emerald Dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    crappy developers
    IMO

Night Elfs and Worgens should be able to be paladins (well i think is not that weird that worgens are not paladins, but Night elfs? come on), Gnomes Hunters, Humans and/or worgens Shamans, Goblin and worgen monks, pandaren druids, Blood Elf druids and maybe tauren mage (that's just to give the horde more option :P )

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    would also mean you wouldn't have to go about making another race a druid on the other side to balance the numbers. Cause no other races in this game should be a druid; troll druids were terrible enough.
    Nope. Anyone willing to follow the teachings of Cenarius is able to become a druid at some level basically. Everyone can learn to enter the Emerald Dream, as seen by that Bridenbrad questline in Icecrown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? They've lived secluded for 10.000 years, with no contact to the Emerald Dream.
    Yeah, these's most likely the reason, but now that they have contact with the horde and the alliance, and the new things these faction bring to them, i'm pretty sure that they could easily take druidsm as a practice of their own

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves cannot be true druids due to their embrace of the Fel Magics...hence the green eyes and also why Night Elfs can't be warlocks. However OP did give me an idea....what if blood elves became ....arcane-element druids!

This would be your Guardian/Tank form
    This would be your Feral/Mdps form your bleeds would be arcane/life draining dots
    This would be your Healing form and you would heal not by direct healing rejuv like a druid would but by reversing time and undoing the damage in similar manner
    This would be your Flight Form
    This would be your caster/range dps form

Fel and arcane magics mix better with the arcane elementals so in theory we could be able to turn into them via the "corrupt" druidism of our former night elf descent

15+ Year Old Account
    Clerics (the word Priest didn't enter until Warcraft 3) turned into Paladins and formed the Order of the Silver Hand, yes.
    Night Elf priests do not focus on the Sun, they focus on the Moon.

And I'm not saying that the Night Elves can't form a Paladin Order, I don't know why you think I am. Of course they can, in a way they already do have - The Wardens. A secret group of Night Elf warrior-women who act as the police and judges of the Night Elf society, removing criminals and other scum, serving the justice of Elune - the only major difference between them and a "regular" paladin is the fact that one uses Shadow and the other uses Light.

Oh and finally, judging from Baine's (I think it was Baine's) short-story, the Order of the Sunwalker is infact a very old one, which was recently revived.

Though, we still have very different ideas of what a "battle-priest" is though. I'm just guessing you never played any D&D though.
    You mean, other than you dismissing the idea without discussion with a simple "NO"? No, I don't have any other reason to think that if we skip this one.
    Paladins on wow are still warriors who wield the Light, the sunwalkers made that much clear.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    IMO

Night Elfs and Worgens should be able to be paladins (well i think is not that weird that worgens are not paladins, but Night elfs? come on), Gnomes Hunters, Humans and/or worgens Shamans, Goblin and worgen monks, pandaren druids, Blood Elf druids and maybe tauren mage (that's just to give the horde more option :P )
    The Gilneans never send any clerics to join the Order of the Silver Hand, and the Order never established an embassy in Gilneas, so that's why. And the reason behind the lack of Worgen and Goblin monks is the fact that both races start at another point in time, in isolated environments.

10+ Year Old Account
    absolutely not