Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Steam Winter Sale (Dec 22 - Jan 5)

New winter sale is up at Steam.

I haven't logged in to my Steam account yet, but I will be checking my wish list later to see what kind of discounts they are offering to me. I'm curious if people are interested in buying game or two since some of the discounts are quite good.

I bought Darksiders Genesis 9 bucks

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm considering getting car mechanic simulator 2021 Due to the fact I can't really afford my own car (currently using my parents 2nd car) and don't really have the knowledge to tinker with it, this game seems pretty ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got Tribes of Midgard after it being on my wishlist since forever and Steam actually has it pretty cheap. Fun game. Probably not what a lot of people expected. It's a mix match of elements from different genres.

I buy less Steam games with Game Pass and back log of free stuff from Epic.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-12-25 at 02:11 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Got a few random things. XCOM 2 / Chimera Squad probably being most noteworthy, as I think the full bundle (1, 2, CS) is currently around 90% off. That's a good deal if someone wants to get into it, or even just to complete the collection - as was the case for me, I already had 1. I also bought One Finger Death Punch 2 (played 1), Banner Saga 3 (played 1 and 2 is in the pile of shame), Elex (loved almost all Piranha Bytes games, esp Gothic 1/2), Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (I think I've seen it even for 95% at some point, but right not it's 90% off, also a great deal), Legend of Grimrock 2 (played 1), Dishonored 2 & Death of the Outsider (played 1) and Stronghold Crusader HD. In addition some random DLCs to some games I own. Still thinking about some stuff. It was a preemptive strike against my next year's salary increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    There wasn't a ton I have been super antsy for that I didn't already by. I did give in and finally buy Cyberpunk. Hopefully by now most of the bugs have been patched and its half off. I still don't know that I will be able to play it very much -- first person games make me hella motion sick -- but I wanted to give it a go. I also picked up SkateBird and a bunch of other cheaper indie games I wanted to try.

I forgot I have a "gaming allowance" through work that I had been hoping to put towards a 3070, but since I still haven't been able to snag one and it expires in a week.... time to pick up whatever games I'm tempted by.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    There wasn't a ton I have been super antsy for that I didn't already by. I did give in and finally buy Cyberpunk. Hopefully by now most of the bugs have been patched and its half off. I still don't know that I will be able to play it very much -- first person games make me hella motion sick -- but I wanted to give it a go. I also picked up SkateBird and a bunch of other cheaper indie games I wanted to try.

I forgot I have a "gaming allowance" through work that I had been hoping to put towards a 3070, but since I still haven't been able to snag one and it expires in a week.... time to pick up whatever games I'm tempted by.
    Curious as to your experience with Cyberpunk, if you get a chance to play it in the coming days or week. I'm tempted as well but with how extremely bad the launch went, I'm still hesitant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got Lenna's Inception, which so far is eh. Class of '09 which sounds like a blast. Cozy Grove which sounds like what it is. And a deckbuilding game called Yamafuda, which is appealing because it's not about fighting but cute girls climbing mountains.

I bought Pacer for $4 because it looks like a F-Zero wannabe. I was going to get others but realized they were early access, which could mean development hell forever. Others on my wish list aren't on sale at all. I bought so many last year and still haven't even installed them.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2021-12-25 at 05:09 PM.

So far, I went with

Scarlet Nexus
    Tales of Arise
    Outriders
    Biomutant
    RDR2 (had it on console but, wanted the pc version)

Picked up Disco Elysium at half price. Looking forward to check what all the hype is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Picked up Disco Elysium at half price. Looking forward to check what all the hype is about.
    Despite good reviews and some talk, I don't know very many other people that actually played it but if you like that kind of game, it's pretty great. I think I have about 50 hours in it from a few playthrus but it's one I haven't uninstalled because I expect I'll probably play it a few more times.

i wouldn't recommend it to people that don't like choices-matter story games, though, especially because it's pretty weird in addition to being long with a lot of reading.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I bought Pacer for $4 because it looks like a F-Zero wannabe. I was going to get others but realized they were early access, which could mean development hell forever. Others on my wish list aren't on sale at all. I bought so many last year and still haven't even installed them.
    Thanks, now I've bought Pacer.

At this point I have had almost everything for years, rest just don't get bit enough discount from the regular ones to make me care.
    Gabe, please...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Here's my haul:

- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut: $1.34

- Jade Empire, Special Edition: $3.74

- Dragon Age: Inquisition: $4.79

How'd I do?

I'm kinda at the point in my life where i have such a massive back catalogue of games that I genuinely want to play, I could probably get away with never buying a new game in my lifetime.

Unfortunately most of these games will be considered ancient relics by the time I'll even get around to playing them, which means the graphics will look hopelessly outdated by then.

I might've considered buying either Horizon Zero Dawn or God of War on PC if I was actually guaranteed that they had full Ultrawide support, but as that doesn't seem to be the case, I may as well play them on my PS5 where I already own them anyway.

If I ever get a VR headset I'll definitely buy Half-Life Alyx, but until then there's not much that I want to play enough to warrant buying outright rather than wait for it to be on Humblebundle or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Despite good reviews and some talk, I don't know very many other people that actually played it but if you like that kind of game, it's pretty great. I think I have about 50 hours in it from a few playthrus but it's one I haven't uninstalled because I expect I'll probably play it a few more times.

i wouldn't recommend it to people that don't like choices-matter story games, though, especially because it's pretty weird in addition to being long with a lot of reading.
    For what it's worth they just had another update to add some things.
    Dunno what coz they were cryptic about it, and I just picked it up myself.

I'm enjoying my adventure with my horrific necktie, ended up putting a few hours into it already. Even if my only critical roll so far was on the 2% chance to stop doing "The Expression"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    For what it's worth they just had another update to add some things.
    Dunno what coz they were cryptic about it, and I just picked it up myself.
    Well, there appears to be a shitton of voice acting in it now that I don't think was there before, so that's cool.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Legion tower defense 2 and Octopath Traveler so far

Got borderlands 2 handsome collection as i only had the base game when it came out,was a pretty nice deal 240 ish euro for only 14,a bit annoyed i had to get the last dlc for another 14 when it used to be free and that didnt have a discount

And i got Tales of Arise,wile it doesnt have an amazing discount,looking at reviews and gameplay,it just looked so much better than the last few titles(gameplay and mecanics wise,story i dont think its better)