Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Srsly tho, i like how wow might become something higher than "age:12+"...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not really. If anything you're simplifying it because you have a fetish to Garrosh.
    I dont have a fetish i just have a thing where i stick up for the guy who is getting shit on by bad writing.

Yeah he is crazy, yeah he is a warmongerer but blizz did not need to add this this was pandering

It wouldve ended better if they gave garrosh a little shred of honour would make his death somewhat emotional but nope its just gonna be some emotionless badguy loot pinata.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-08-31 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been wondering if we'll see the stuff from Taranis reflect the change on where the peeps went but...

I guess that answers that.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

All's fair in love and war. Using children against their parents (whether just as plain captives or as soldiers) is a good way to distract the enemy or make them surrender. Is it wrong? Again, all's fair in love and war. The object of war is to beat the other side and obtain what you're after. If you take away the children on the other side and either kill them or used them against their parents, you've given yourself an advantage.

For a long time, talking about children in horrible situations has been taboo although it's often the reality that we just chose not to see. Children often took part in wars. Do you think drummer boys were men? Sometimes soldiers were young teenagers just trying to help feed their families or make a name for themselves. Children are also easy targets because they're more helpless than an adult. Kill the young and you effectively destroy an entire generation that may oppose you in the future and potentially remove your enemy entirely. There are many cases throughout history of children being murdered and often quite brutally. John Walsh's son (host of America's Most Wanted for many years) was kidnapped and beheaded. If I recall, they never found his head. The death of his son led him to starting America's Most Wanted. Yet how many actually want to bring up a topic like the brutal murder of a young child? The Walking Dead TV show on AMC as well as the comic are touching on this by bringing in children zombies. The demise of 12-year-old Sophia in season 2 of the show is perhaps one of the more gut wrenching scenes in the TV series. The sight of Summer, the little girl zombie, in the very first episode, is quite a shock and certainly sets the stage for what we'll see later. It also reminds the viewer that no one is exempt from brutality and death.

If you want to compare something more real and similar to what occurred in WoW, look at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Think the US considered the death toll or the children during the attack? No. All's fair in love and war. They attacked Pearl Harbor. The Americans retaliated. Think Hitler considered saving any of the Jewish or Gypsy children? Nope. He just had them gassed, shot, starved to death, or died from disease along with the rest. Some were even horrifically experimented on. Some people are in such a denial of Hitler's brutality that they claim WWII didn't even happen and that it was all a hoax.

With WoW, it's surprising more mentions of children being caught in the war aren't seen. There's so few children seen as it is so they must be precious to each race, but with a war going on, the children would likely be high priority targets. Yet both sides seem to avoid the children. Now it seems Garrosh has changed that. This is the reality of war. Not everyone plays nice and not everyone plays by the same rules. War is often brutal. If it was easy, then we'd just argue with each other over a table while eating lunch with the worst thing happening being a bruised ego or maybe a flipped table and spilled food.

People asked for Blizzard to bring the War back into Warcraft. Well, doing something so horrific as attacking a society's future is a good way to ensure hostilities may last for some years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    So, they could maintain T for Teen if they showed a graphic video of people having sex while screaming obscenities, as long as it was streamed in / downloaded and not on disc ?
    Sludge Fields presents a worse scenario than this. So, nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Still not as bad as anything Sylvanas has done. Kudos to Blizzard for trying to make him an end-boss with more merit however. Needless to say the writing will be as awful as ever, no doubt.
    I don't it is THAT awful. I just thought we seen everything he's done that's bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I think we can summarise entire raid as "Khorne visits Disneyland".

Not him ffs, first Nazgrim, now That hung.
    And this is a damn shame. Slaanesh visits disneyland would be much better. All these bodies would be impaled on... something else. Tho then it would be 18+ for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Sludge Fields presents a worse scenario than this. So, nothing new.
    Yeah, being forced to smash the heads of those poor humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I dont have a fetish i just have a thing where i stick up for the guy who is getting shit on by bad writing.

Yeah he is crazy, yeah he is a warmongerer but blizz did not need to add this this was pandering

It wouldve ended better if they gave garrosh a little shred of honour would make his death somewhat emotional but nope its just gonna be some emotionless badguy loot pinata.

No, it wouldn't of. Garrosh is supposed to be all this bad. Having him with a shred of honor would defeat the purpose of his darkening.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I never said the Alliance needed this. I think it's stupid, it makes no sense for him to have prisoners from Theramore, I'm just trying to guess at blizzard's reasoning behind it. Relax.
    Honestly I think Alliance absolutely deserve to burn at least some of Orgrimmar to the ground. Permanently. Give them a "park." Vereesa can lead that. Or maybe Tyrande, considering the former NPC has had more balls than the rest of the (male) Alliance leadership combined these last few expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yeah, being forced to smash the heads of those poor humans.
    no one is forced to smash humans. I play undead and I always rescue the humans instead of killing them.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Srsly tho, i like how wow might become something higher than "age:12+"...
    Warcraft has always had such themes that raised it higher then that. If you read some of the stories, it has themes of rape, murder, decapitation, drugs, child death, cannibalism and loads of other themes I'd never imagine in a 12 rated game.
    #boycottchina

For super serious, I think SoO is really pushing the boundaries:

"TEEN
    Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.

MATURE
    Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language."

"Suggestive Themes - Mild provocative references or materials"

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

There is nothing "mild" in how provocative ("causing annoyance, anger, or another strong reaction, esp. deliberately.") child prisoners, impaled corpses, forced gladiator battles, living targets, etc, are.

I don't think it quite breaks the T for Teen boundary ... but it's right at the damn limit.
    I have to agree with this. I find myself wondering just who is coming up with this stuff at Blizzard and have they gone off the deep end a bit. It's a little too dark. I mean, I get that Garrosh is supposed to have gone to far, but some of this is overboard.

I find some of the writing/storytelling confusing and lacking for both sides this expansion.
    Last edited by Honeyprime; 2013-08-31 at 06:46 PM.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Garrosh is terrible writing true. But so is Tyrande, so was Deathwing (Cata did not do him justice) etc. etc. You've never said anything about them
    Well playing devils advocate is better when nobody likes the guy its more of a challenge

Though i certainly said that scenario with tryrande and varian was bullshit and i said that how can blizz make her out to be a tactical clown when she was fighting the burning legion when varian wasnt even born!

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I dunno. Maybe. not sure how that works.
    Welllll my point is that the Game Experience May Change During Online Play probably pretty much only applies to the actions of other players, since you can't control their language.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Welllll my point is that the Game Experience May Change During Online Play probably pretty much only applies to the actions of other players, since you can't control their language.
    I was mostly being snarky in the first place.

That does bring up a good question though, could patch content cause the box product rating to change?

I knew I liked you Combooticus, even though you're a garrosh fan
    Dont say that i wont be able to have flame wars with you

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no one is forced to smash humans. I play undead and I always rescue the humans instead of killing them.
    You can rescue those...?

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT YOU SICK SOB. Why not put them out of their misery.

Deleted
    "They took my children" could mean that they killed them, and those children, depending on the age of the person who said that, could have already been adults and thus maybe just died in the defense of the city. Though it would really not surprise me if Garrosh and the Horde killed or kidnapped children.

Then again, seeing that there are captured Theramore citizens in Orgrimmar can only mean the Horde captured some.
    Last edited by mmocfe122ee89c; 2013-08-31 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we can always have flame wars! they are fun!

Waste of time if you ask me

Warrior-Magi