Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im just wondering, does everyone realize this is a FUN thread? He is clearly writing up a fan speculation, and everyone needs to loosen up a bit...

FANTASTIC THREAD! It's a brilliant concept!

I hated the time traveel idea, but this is a wonderful version.
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

10+ Year Old Account
    O wow. O wow. I seriously like this. Like, Arthas not becoming the Lich King and seeing how it pans out? Don't mind if I do. Great ideas. I'm not actually a fan of time travel and told myself I would unsub if it happened to be a whole expansion but from what I read there so far, changed my mind. Sounds damn awesome. This is probably 10 times better than what Blizzard could pull off 0.o

Blizzard Dev 1: Alright guys, time to brainstorm ideas for the next expansion.

Blizzard Dev 2: Well, you know, I was thinking... since players hated all the reused zones, content and enemies in Cataclysm so much, maybe we should make an entire expansion that adds no new zones, no new player OR NPC races, and takes place entirely in new "alternate timeline" versions of the zones we just redid for Cataclysm.

Blizzard Dev 1: Uh... wouldn't that be exceedingly unpopular?

Blizzard Dev 2: Nah, it's okay, we'll make the main enemy you are fighting the Burning Legion, essentially making the entire time travel thing pointless.

Blizzard Dev 1: Alright, sounds good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Blizzard Dev 1: Alright guys, time to brainstorm ideas for the next expansion.

Blizzard Dev 2: Well, you know, I was thinking... since players hated all the reused zones, content and enemies in Cataclysm so much, maybe we should make an entire expansion that adds no new zones, no new player OR NPC races, and takes place entirely in new "alternate timeline" versions of the zones we just redid for Cataclysm.

Blizzard Dev 1: Uh... wouldn't that be exceedingly unpopular?

Blizzard Dev 2: Nah, it's okay, we'll make the main enemy you are fighting the Burning Legion, essentially making the entire time travel thing pointless.

Blizzard Dev 1: Alright, sounds good.
    Derp

De derp

Herp

De Herp

Derp Herp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Muruzond is dead.
    No, he isn't as long as nozdormu lives Murozond lives too. He can travel in time... who knows what shit he's done before we defeated him that didn't even happen yet. And I doubt only 5 ppl managed to kill an Aspect that could control time.

I like this. Time-travelling for a full expansion IS a bit confusing, but man would it be fun.

Anyone remember that quest in Dragonblight where you meet a future version of yourself?
    Imagine if for a quest in this expansion Chromie takes you back for that same quest, but from the other side of it. Would be awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murozond View Post
    "[89 - 92] Lordaeron (Tirisfal Glades + Parts of the Plaguelands) - First up in the new zones is Lordaeron. This zone will focus on the alternate past in which Arthas Menethil never discovered the plagued grain shipment to Stratholme, and thus never became the Lich King. In this timeline, Arthas has married Jaina Proudmoore and succeeded his father as Thanagor - King of Lordaeron. However, without Arthas to become the Lich King and wrest control of the scourge from the Legion, and without Jaina to travel to Kalimdor with Thrall, the Legion has conquered much of Azeroth and Lordaeron remains one of the last failing bastions still standing. The player is tasked with investigating this timeline, seeing firsthand what would have happened had Arthas not become the Lich King, and sees the plans of the Legion come to fruition. Throughout the zone the player also hears whispers from an ancient Old God, awakened and unchained from its ancient Titan Prison below tirisfal. The zone culminates in a doomed last-ditch defense against the legion, followed by the players and Chromie escaping this timeline - the players moving on to the next zone while Chromie travels to Northrend, in the past, to enlist the player's past selves to prevent this timeline from ever coming to pass."
    Apart from the fact that it's about an alternate timeline, these space-coördinates don't add up. You'd be at the wrong place in 4-6 different dimensions (assuming time-coördinates are correct).

Then again...End Time was an alternate timeline.

Also: why would an old god only become noticable because of a grain shipment that didn't get discovered?

It's a nice concept, but alternate timeline stories are very very hard to make without too may paradoxes. And the ones that are good often are very hard to grasp.

O and...if I finally broke out of my prison and unchained myself....I wouldn't whisper I'd either stay low to surprise the victims, or yell stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    Anyone remember that quest in Dragonblight where you meet a future version of yourself?
    Imagine if for a quest in this expansion Chromie takes you back for that same quest, but from the other side of it. Would be awesome!
    Actually, that quest already exists.

http://www.wowdb.com/quests/13343-my...infinite-redux

Sounds cool, would be a lot better than the same, visit new continent and new lore style expansion.

Muruzond is dead.
    Murozond is dead in the future. The moment we were back in the present murozond is very much alive.

Jaina: "Varian... are you afraid of the Titans?"

Varian: "No... But I'm afraid of you."

(On topic, interesting ideas, but I doubt it'd come to fruition.)

Nice idea for a novel or manga (though we already had that), maybe a dungeon, but terrible idea for an expanison. It would stop any meaningful progression of the story dead in its tracks and would be nothing but dumb fan service, the only thing missing so far would be some sex scenes with <favorite charAxcharB(possibly)xcharC>. That is fanfic material, but please, oh please blizzard, don't make this an expansion (I know you guys read here from time to time :P), you've already showed you guys can't be trusted with time travel on many diffrent occasions..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-10-17 at 09:58 AM.

Very well written in my opinion. Even if this isn't real, as a whole, if this were the be an expansion, it would get me pretty hyped. The 1-90 leveling revamp seems really interesting.

Well written post. However, my main problem with a time traveling-expansion is that it feels similar to Cataclysm in the sense that these are cool ideas on paper, but as an expansion it would feel very disjointed and all over the place. I think one of the strengths of TBC, MoP and WotLK were that they took place on new continents, we got a strong sense of "exploring new land", and everything was very cohesive and consistent in that sense. Cataclysm was all over the place, and I think it shows that people just don't care as much when the zones are spread out over 2-3 continents, and they have to take portals everywhere. I think it would be similar with a time traveling-expansion, these ideas of seeing certain scenarios of what could have happened sounds cool on paper - in a dungeon or two. But a whole expansion focusing on what "could" have been feels more like sidestepping than moving forward.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    didnt blizz specifically state that there is NO old gold under tirisfal

Deleted

soon!

Quote Originally Posted by byZodi View Post
    didnt blizz specifically state that there is NO old gold under tirisfal
    They did.

From the Ask Creative Development round III,

Q: Is there truly an Old God underneath the Tirisfal Glade?
    A: Nope! There’s something incredibly unsettling there, but it’s not an Old God. It isn’t recommended to go digging through the Glades, though.
    And I'll take a Blue's response over random poster who should be RPing in the RP forums instead of the general forums, especially when said poster comes up with a terrible expansion idea that brings absolutely nothing new, and instead would actually prove all the people who kept complaining that Zul'Gurub and Ragnaros were rehashes by creating an expansion that is nothing but rehashes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Muruzond is dead.
    No he isn't. He will be dead, in the future. But currently he's Nozdormu.

WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WIMEY STUFF.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really love this. 10Char Multi-Accounts For Life.

I hope this isn't the expansion... just so a Blizzard employee shows this to the designers and they go "Why didn't we just DO THIS!?".
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.