Poll: Do you want a neutral city in the next expansion?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If they can make it big and cool like Dalaran, instead of big and crappy like Shattrath... sure.
    Everyone's taste to himself. Personally, I'd rather have a strong stone fortress nestled against a mountain than a floating fancy shopping mall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Everyone's taste to himself. Personally, I'd rather have a strong stone fortress nestled against a mountain than a floating fancy shopping mall.
    How much does that wall and mountain help when the main threat is inside the walls walking the streets? As for tactical defense, I would say being in a city floating high up in the air is far safer than being on the ground. Not many aside from Dragons who can organize any real threats that high up.

That said, Dalaran sucked too, it was far too small to hold both factions, and it was still a sanctuary which meant you couldn't attack the opposing players even outside of the faction areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    For South Seas I wouldn't mind going back to Undermine for a neutral city, and with Argus a neutral city wouldn't be bad either or even a combined effort to defeat the Burning Legion.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be surprised if there wasn't one next expansion. With the war calming down quite a bit, I don't see why there wouldn't be one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undermine.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    And, thinking about it, Undermine would be a perfect neutral city since the goblin faction that runs it isn't the Horde's goblin faction. If this is an ocean expansion, of course, which is not completely determined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    For South Seas I wouldn't mind going back to Undermine for a neutral city
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Undermine
    You are wrong, because the most important cartel of the whole island-continent of Kezan is precisely the Bilgewater Cartel, so that 90% of Kezan as well as the capital Undermine in theory belong to the Horde.

Therefore, in a hypothetical future oceanic expansion, Kezan and Undermine should be the dominions of the Horde, while Kul Tiras and Boralus would be their counterparts of the Alliance... but of course, I know it's too much to ask to Blizzard to not snatch more things of the Alliance on behalf of neutrality (as happened to Dalaran).

P. D. The Steamwheedle Cartel is the most important cartel of Azeroth of course, but their influence on Kezan is scarce. They decided to "exile" themselves from his homeland to conquer international markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    You know we are supposed to be fighting a war against each other right?
    That's it. But seeing the results of the poll, it seems that people think this is World of Peacecraft ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'd be surprised if there wasn't one next expansion. With the war calming down quite a bit, I don't see why there wouldn't be one.
    Let's see, the war between the Horde and the Alliance must not cease ever since that is the essence of the Warcraft universe, and therefore neutral cities or sanctuaries have no place in this game (or at least should not be the "capitals" of an expansion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It is time for Horde and Alliance to chill their war efforts against each other and fight the bigger problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    so that 90% of Kezan as well as the capital Undermine in theory belong to the Horde.
    AFAIK, the H only exists because the A allows them to after 5.4.

Not to mention their denizens will do anything for a buck. I'm certain arrangements can be made for temporary quarters if Some Threat lurks Below.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If they can make it big and cool like Dalaran, instead of big and crappy like Shattrath... sure.

Shattrath was amazing. I'll never understand the love/hate war over it. It's curious how most of people who disliked it didn't even know what Shattrath was lore wise.

-------------

I would like them. But, in my opinion, it's more important to give something to the "other" cities. Silvermoon City, Darnassus... those cities are amazing and have nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    AFAIK, the H only exists because the A allows them to after 5.4.

Not to mention their denizens will do anything for a buck. I'm certain arrangements can be made for temporary quarters if Some Threat lurks Below.
    I'm afraid of that.

And not because I feel sorry for the Horde (hopefully Blizzard neutralize all the territories of the Horde) but because it would be an excuse so that Blizzard can continue neutralizing things of the Alliance (as Kul Tiras).

not sure there's any difference for me...
    might as well vote: yes, do want.
    this way blizzard could focus on one epic, instead of two mediocre
    (if that's how it works anyway)

10+ Year Old Account
    as much as i would love one, i cant see it being added anywhere that is not prior. I can see them maybe rebuilding between the shrines or redoing shatt if there was a rise in the legion... i KNOW you all want illidan back, i cant be the only one. illidan and malfurion bro-teamup!
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    You know we are supposed to be fighting a war against each other right?
    Thanks, I'll pass on wars and pvp any time While there is a war going on, I really like the whole expansion because there are so many side stories that don't involve slaughtering the opposite faction. We can both slaughter the dragons but I would rather trade, communicate with and put bunny ears on the other faction, they are people toooo ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I do. I wish Shrine was just a large city in the middle of the Vale instead of two separate ones. I loved Dalaran and Shatt, would have been great to get another neutral one after Cata, but maybe next time.

Neutral city got my vote here. Totaly enjoyed shatt and dalaran

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    You are wrong, because the most important cartel of the whole island-continent of Kezan is precisely the Bilgewater Cartel, so that 90% of Kezan as well as the capital Undermine in theory belong to the Horde.

Therefore, in a hypothetical future oceanic expansion, Kezan and Undermine should be the dominions of the Horde, while Kul Tiras and Boralus would be their counterparts of the Alliance... but of course, I know it's too much to ask to Blizzard to not snatch more things of the Alliance on behalf of neutrality (as happened to Dalaran).

P. D. The Steamwheedle Cartel is the most important cartel of Azeroth of course, but their influence on Kezan is scarce. They decided to "exile" themselves from his homeland to conquer international markets.
    I can't quite believe but I agree with Northem here, this is exactly what should happen with a hypothetical ocean based expansion. Kezan is a ruin now since the volcano exploded, and it's not too hard imagine the horde landing at Bilgewater port and turning it into our hub for the expansion.

If you'd like more story content, I can provide that too. Say that Undermine, now a wreck, has the Venture Corporation squatting inside it led by Mogul Razdunk. This could parallel any Alliance content on Kul Tiras in regards to the naga siege.

Kul Tiras and Kezan are island hubs for the expansion makes so much sense...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Kul Tiras and Kezan are island hubs for the expansion makes so much sense...
    That would be cool, but it may not work out in spacial terms, especially if the X-pac is primarily subterranean. Although KT could be submerged. No one knows where the hell it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    [edit] Thinking about it my preference would be for no neutral cities. I'd rather they stopped being lazy and added the relevant transport and vendor options to ALL of the cities, not just SW / Org (so that we can use e.g. Thunder Bluff or Ironforge as our home, and still access the portals, PvP vendors, etc).
    I'd like a new neutral city. But if they don't add one, they definately should give all cities some decent attention. All services should be available in each city, with free travel between cities as well (otherwise you'd still end up with everyone in one city). Stormwind is really getting tiresome by now and I'd like to visit other cities more often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Thanks, I'll pass on wars and pvp any time While there is a war going on, I really like the whole expansion because there are so many side stories that don't involve slaughtering the opposite faction. We can both slaughter the dragons but I would rather trade, communicate with and put bunny ears on the other faction, they are people toooo ^^
    They are supposed to be your sworn enemies who would rather stab you in the back rather than put bunny ears on your head... >.<

if there is one id prefer one like dal where there are seperate areas and combined areas.