Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Uh, Ashenvale and Gilneas victories are portrayed in game. The Alliance Ashenvale questline pushes the Horde back and the Forsaken Gilneas questline ends up with the 7th Legion pushing the Horde out of Gilneas City and part of the land, the draw is actually in Silverpine.
    Yeah, and the Worgen get to go back and inhabit Gilneas City, because the Horde got pushed out. Wait, no, the Alliance Worgen storyline ends at level 10, with them stuck under a tree. And here we can see the fundamental disconnect: Horde see the Alliance doing stuff in their questlines, but Alliance don't see the Alliance doing stuff in their questlines, not because the Alliance is ignoring all that cool stuff, but because that cool stuff doesn't exist in the Alliance storyline.
    Last edited by Nadiru; 2013-09-02 at 06:05 PM. Reason: reasoning

15+ Year Old Account
    a city full of mages raining death from above? I't be like calling a high lvl player to kill an elite mob for you and claiming you killed it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You said it yourself. A CITY! It was not designed to bombard ground fortifications from broadsides, it was ripped from the ground so that they can move it to Northrend.
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but didn't the mages shoot beams of arcane doom at the blue dragonflight from Dalaran in the Mage comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Except you're applying a lore solution to a video game, which is something Horde usually accuse Alliance players of wanting. Two factions means they will always oppose each other, and because the one core of the WoW storyline is "Alliance and Horde don't like each other" that means that Blizzard will simply invent a reason for the new, ostensibly less-aggressive Warchief to hate the Alliance. Yes, it will be a shitty story. Yes, you will respect Blizzard less for it. That doesn't mean it's not going to happen. You have to remember, this is a storyline written by Chris Metzen, which means all characters are subject to random bouts of insanity and Cartoonish Evil, to say nothing of corruption, because Chris Metzen can't even get it up anymore without watching a Paladin fall.
    Right, because THrall hated the Alliancesooooooooo much.

The leaders don't have to hate each other. In fact, that's pretty much Taran Zhu's whole point (and in fact, might be the whole purpose behind Pandaria; to end the Cycle of Hatred).

Deleted
    Yeah, and the Worgen get to go back and inhabit Gilneas City, because the Horde got pushed out. Wait, no, the Alliance Worgen storyline ends at level 10, with them stuck under a tree. And here we can see the fundamental disconnect: Horde see the Alliance doing stuff in their questlines, but Alliance don't see the Alliance doing stuff in their questlines, not because the Alliance is ignoring all that cool stuff, but because that cool stuff doesn't exist in the Alliance storyline.
    Read above. I love when people try to change the point at hand just to fit their argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Read above. I love when people try to change the point at hand just to fit their argument.
    The point has been portrayal for some time now. Alliance quests simply don't portray the Alliance in the same light, to the point that Horde see the Alliance being badasses more consistently than the Alliance does.

Deleted
    The point has been portrayal for some time now. Alliance quests simply don't portray the Alliance in the same light, to the point that Horde see the Alliance being badasses more consistently than the Alliance does.
    Victories, not outcomes, that was the point at hand.

If we talk about outcomes, then both sides should actually be very angry about that development.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can make it fly. We can put protective bubbles around it. We can use it as a space antenna. We can make it invisible. But NO, magical bombardment is just too unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    We can make it fly. We can put protective bubbles around it. We can use it as a space antenna. We can make it invisible. But NO, magical bombardment is just too unrealistic.
    It's resting on higher ground. Get some boulders up there and just let gravity take its course.

Where do you propose it should shoot out of.

Deleted
    It's resting on higher ground. Get some boulders up there and just let gravity take its course.
    Probably not a good idea, throwing rocks at dark shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

Duct tape some mages to the underside of the city.

That is, if arcane guiding of semi-sentient bolts of magical elements isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    You people are the reason I hate forums. You bitch and moan about everything. Grow up. It's a game.

If they HAD put Dalaran over Org, you people would have been first in line to complain that it didn't live up to expectations, or it needed to be about 20% cooler. Or that, god forbid, it take any retaliatory damage you howl about the slap in the face of the Alliance.

Hey, we get to run through Org. I don't care how you dress it up, that's pretty much the most anti-Horde moment possible. So what if it's not really a "Horde" city at the moment. I can still imagine myself running in and take a dump in the center of the main square if I want to.

Anyone who thinks that Blizzard has a favorite class is a moron. Anyone who thinks they have a favorite faction is an idiot. They make games. And nobody will ever be 100% happy because everyone thinks they are just some kind of brilliant designer or planner or writer and they alone know the best thing to do that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER will love and cherish.

Get over yourself. If you are that butthurt just do everyone a favor and stop playing.
    voice of reason is not welcome on the internet. this is a place of pubescent angst...how dare you sully it with well thought out arguments???!!!???

In WOTLK they wanted to have Argent Tournament below Dalaran, but had to abandon that because of performance issues.

If Dalaran+AT is bad, why should Dalaran+Orgrimmar be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Probably not a good idea, throwing rocks at dark shaman.
    I'm still not sure what Dark Shaman even are. I thought once you did messed up stuff with the Elements, they refused to barter with you because you disrespected them, or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages from the mage towers.

Deleted
    My biggest issue is it completely undermines the whole build up with Jaina. What was the point of Jaina powering up her staff? What was the point of Jaina mentioning that Dalaran was leaving Northrend if not to help with the siege? All these little bits of story simply go unfinished now. It just seems like a lack of foresight here. Worst of all, they would have been better off just sticking to the performance issues and not mentioning the other bit. At least you get an intention when it comes to technical problems. Now the intent was never there.

Less heroic? Come on. Did we feel less heroic when Tirion saved us from Arthas? Did we feel less heroic when Maiev saved us from Illidan? Come on now.
    Well blizzard did say they were originally intending for Dalaran to turn up there so at the time it made sense for it to be moving. As for the staff, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jaina will at some point turn evil and combine her Thunder Staff with the shards of Frostmourne to make..I dunno, Theramourne or something.

Deleted
    I'm still not sure what Dark Shaman even are. I thought once you did messed up stuff with the Elements, they refused to barter with you because you disrespected them, or something.
    Aye, if you want to stay on the elements' good side, like Drek'thar did. If you don't care, you can just steal their power, provided you're strong enough, or the elements are otherwise preoccupied (as was the case with the Twilight's Hammer dark shaman during Cata).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    In WOTLK they wanted to have Argent Tournament below Dalaran, but had to abandon that because of performance issues.

If Dalaran+AT is bad, why should Dalaran+Orgrimmar be any different?
    This is assuming they were literally slapping Dalaran on top of Orgrimmar without any changes to compensate. I can only speculate what they tried, but removing ALL the NPCs from Dalaran and sealing off the explorable bits of the overall model would do wonders for resolving the "lag." Also, the other dev said that the performance issues were not universal and were limited to "some systems." We don't know the extent of the technical problems, but for the dev to add that they decided it would take away from the heroism of the players in the raids as a decision to not add it makes me wonder about whether the performance issues were not resolvable.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Dark Shaman don't barter or make deals, they enslave and dominate. The same manner warlocks control demons, Dark Shamans control elements. But their actions make life significantly harder for normal shamans to commune with the elements.
    I'm pretty sure that violates previously established lore about Shaman, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Shaman got his power from the Elements granting it, and they can take it away if you're being a dick with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Well blizzard did say they were originally intending for Dalaran to turn up there so at the time it made sense for it to be moving. As for the staff, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jaina will at some point turn evil and combine her Thunder Staff with the shards of Frostmourne to make..I dunno, Theramourne or something.
    But wait a second...These story decisions are made well in advance and cannot be changed because it would undo too much of the work of the other development teams creating assets for said story points.