Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Get gold in challenge modes, get asked how much im paying. Wtf?

So, I recently pugged a ToT and a healer in it keeps whispering me. Asked me if I wanted to dps it. When I told him I was doing challenge modes he asked how much I was paying. Im like, dude, im a earn it not pay. Then I earned a gold today and a guildie asked me if I was paying or pugging. Seriously, why is that even a question? Paying real money for that is against the rules anyway. I understand there are tons of people selling runs, but that doesn't mean anyone working on earning their golds is actually paying. Just annoying that someone honestly asks that.

Have any of you been asked if you are paying for CM golds when you earn them?

Are you sure they meant real money or not paying for gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    Paying for it does not necessarily mean with real money.. They could be paying in gold

Lots of people buy it with in game gold, i've met a few people who have and some people are interested how much they might have to pay if they wanted to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Are you sure they meant real money or not paying for gold?
    Either way, still not sure why they would assume I am paying for it over earning it.

10+ Year Old Account
    twitch stream asks for real life cash or gold

While we prefer payments in gold or USD, we are certainly open to any offers that you have. We have accepted TCG pets and mounts as payment in the past, as well as rare items such as the Shadowmourne quest items.

<snip>
    Infracted; Don't advertise links to pages which offer boosts of any kind.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-09-03 at 08:45 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post

While we prefer payments in gold or USD, we are certainly open to any offers that you have. We have accepted TCG pets and mounts as payment in the past, as well as rare items such as the Shadowmourne quest items.
    Funny. -_-; cause I aint paying you anything. Im earning them. So you know, I can actually brag about accomplishing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post

-removed-
    From mmochampion rules:
    The following topics are not to be discussed on MMO-Champion on penalty of ban.

Gold-selling/Account selling or trading websites
    Buying or selling of items in-game or in real life

Please don't advertise your filthy website here.

I don't see a problem with people buying boosts for wow gold, that has always been happening, top guilds used to sell achievements, mounts and gear for gold Gives rich players something to spend their gold on and gives a chance to poor but skilled boosters to earn something.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-09-03 at 08:38 AM.

Starkey's runs are also overpriced, but I guess people will still pay for it.

Deleted
    Randoms asking if you paid for it = Ignore them move on
    Guildies / friends = Tell them your working on it, either they accept it, or they dont.

Either way stop stressing over what other think, you know you got it through your own efforts and in the end, that is all that matters.

Guess this is just mirroring how rotten big parts of the community became over the years. Most people would simply consider it "impossible" for anyone in their vicinity to complete CM Gold without being carried. Thinking otherwise would imply that they actually acknowledge "someone else is better than me". And it seems they are genuinely interested in getting carried as well if it's just cheap enough, which it probably isn't. Stuff like this really takes the fun out of a game.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Getting carried in challenge modes is easy which is why runs cost 170 000-200 000 gold on my realm. The reason people ask if you paid is, because getting carried is so easy and prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Getting carried in challenge modes is easy which is why runs cost 170 000-200 000 gold on my realm. The reason people ask if you paid is, because getting carried is so easy and prevalent.
    Seesh, Thats expensive. Most ive ever had is maybe 150k

15+ Year Old Account
    People are just being cynical.

I know people who pugged the gold runs painfully to 9/9 and who get harassed about buying it.

They don't want to accept people around them are better than them or have something they don't.

Also, advertising is not allowed on the forums. Refrain from doing so.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-09-03 at 08:39 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    The community thinks everyone is unable to do anything themselves these days. Since plenty of people paying for it, it's not such a weird question. At least nothing to get offended by.

Deleted
    Thats borderline sad, paying to get carried for Challenge modes seems to be the norm rather then the exception based on the questions you got @OP.

They are not even hard at all, i remember getting all my golds by PUGGING via openraid within two weeks.

Fun thing is how many baddies complain only no lifes can achieve anything and casual players have no chance, (beeing casual apparently is a very popular excue among baddies), then something is added to the game that is totally gear independent and time wise in easy to swallow chunks and those people still rather let them carry than trying to achieve something themselves

Deleted
    If you are in a guild, and only your achievement pops up in guild chat, it seems a bit weird. If 5 peope's achievements pop up in guild chat it seems like they did it together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Funny. -_-; cause I aint paying you anything. Im earning them. So you know, I can actually brag about accomplishing something.
    Not my webpage or stream they op asked about people wanting gold or real life cash, just did a quick look and thats what i came up with

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toxiel View Post
    Starkey's runs are also overpriced, but I guess people will still pay for it.
    Not my runs or webpage
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    When I see people with black proto-drake or plagued proto-drake I constantly ask them how much they paid for it on BMAH. They get pissed and start linking achievements. It's too funny.
    Oh how I wish they were (Wasn't raiding back then). Anyway, I've considered buying gold runs simply because no one on my server seems to have the time or energy for them. I don't need carried, but I can't exactly solo them, either. And most of my friends have quit. I wouldn't pay 200k for a Gold run, though. Hell, I just want the mount lol.

Deleted
    I dont see the point in buying these as well its just a a trasmog set , ect something to show off your epeen , and when you cheat/buy it , just feels a bit guilty.

A friend of mine who I havent seen in ages brought it , recently met him again on wow and noticed he had it , at the time I thoughthe was legit so i was praising him ect telling him that hes really improved in the game bla bla bla ect.

Until he felt too guilty and had to tell me .
    lulz