Page 12 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It really bogs me how fast some people agreed with that b-elf becoming the Warchief. Are you guys serious? He doesn't have any real gameplay-based storyline outside of latest patch in which we are killing boars for him. Are you serious? He is a pathetic girl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Why can't you stand Lor'themar?

The only issue I personally see with him becoming Warchief is it'll act as fuel for the ignorant that still say "Lolkungfupanda" (because Blood Elves don't have the best reputation as a race in game) and since no one really knew who he was until this expansion.

I love Lor'themar. The amount of work they've put into him this expansion, along with the little developments with him in the Quel'delar questline, has made him look like an amazing leader.

If anyone should take up the mantle it's him. IMO he's been presented as not only a better (and more rational) leader than Vol'jin, but also the most logical candidate out of all others (Saurfang=Too old, Baine=Not enough development, Voljin=you saw my reasons, Thrall=it's not who we expect).

Not just that, but he has a goatee and eyepatch. What more could you ask for?

It's this or my original theory that the players themselves become the Warchief, but I'll leave that discussion for another time.
    Yes, an Amazing leader. One who was only in it for the intrests of Blood Elves alone, and was quite willing to throw everyone under Garrosh's bus if it meant the Blood Elves survive, even going so far as to have talks with varian over joining the Alliance.

Thats who the Forsaken, Trolls, orcs, Tauren and Goblins need! Someone who will stab them in the back and abandon them when things look harsh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatherfork View Post
    I just can't come to grips as to why Varian would instill anyone instead of crushing the horde unless he were forced too.
    i think you are mispercieving the strength the Alliance will have after the siege, the Alliance contingent going into Orgrimmar is not strong enough to dictate its demands to the Rebels after Garrosh is defeated

Lets say Garrosh has a strength value of 4, the rebels 3, and the alliance 2.
    If the rebels fight garrosh alone, garrosh wins (4>3) and uses the heart of yshaarj to become a 10 and destroys the world
    if the Alliance helps the Rebels, together they add up to 5 and defeat garrosh (5>4) but after they fight they stand at Horde rebels= 2 and Alliance contingent= 1.

Since 2>1 the Alliance contingent after Garrosh's defeat will not be strong enough to dictate any demands to the Horde Rebels.

(reductive i know, but it's how i justify it in my head)

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    It really bogs me how fast some people agreed with that b-elf becoming the Warchief. Are you guys serious? He doesn't have any real gameplay-based storyline outside of latest patch in which we are killing boars for him. Are you serious? He is a pathetic girl.
    Most of them are blood elf players themselves.

As an Orc Player, I'd prefer a Tauren or Troll, Someone who isn't a pomp who almost abandoned the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i think you are mispercieving the strength the Alliance will have after the siege, the Alliance contingent going into Orgrimmar is not strong enough to dictate its demands to the Rebels after Garrosh is defeated

Lets say Garrosh has a strength value of 4, the rebels 3, and the alliance 2.
    If the rebels fight garrosh alone, garrosh wins (4>3) and uses the heart of yshaarj to become a 10 and destroys the world
    if the Alliance helps the Rebels, together they add up to 5 and defeat garrosh (5>4) but after they fight they stand at Horde rebels= 2 and Alliance contingent= 1.

Since 2>1 the Alliance contingent after Garrosh's defeat will not be strong enough to dictate any demands to the Horde Rebels.

(reductive i know, but it's how i justify it in my head)
    I call this the "Magic the gathering" theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

As an Orc Player, I'd prefer a Tauren or Troll, Someone who isn't a pomp who almost abandoned the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

thats pretty much why. having blood elf players decide on the fate of the horde is like having gnomes decides on the fate of the alliance. Just because you picked the most human looking race in the horde because you can't think outside the box, doesn't mean the horde should become some pink skinned bullshit faction like the alliance.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    thats pretty much why. having blood elf players decide on the fate of the horde is like having gnomes decides on the fate of the alliance. Just because you picked the most human looking race in the horde because you can't think outside the box, doesn't mean the horde should become some pink skinned bullshit faction like the alliance.
    think outside the box? there is no thinking outside the box in terms of who will be warchief, the same candidates have come up time and time again. your exactly the same as the people your describing who want a blood elf warchief, because you probably want thrall or an orc to become warchief, im gonna go with thrall though as you have a raging hardon for him

Interesting. My main was belf for years up until recently and I have never imagined that this pathetic forbidden "leader" would have any impact on the world. Let alone become the Warchief... And I'm really surprised by that girlish attitude of the crowd by means of which they want the whole Horde to have a weak, pathetic leader.
    Last edited by Ethas; 2013-09-05 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanuilos View Post
    It's not that he's only associated with Thrall, it's that he puts Thrall above any other character in the game. That's the problem people have, and Metzen is not Warcraft. The series is so much bigger than just one man, and coincidentally the game has much more to offer than just Thrall. BTW, you need to seek counseling if talking about video games makes you want to hit someone in face.
    Don't be an idiot.

His point is valid; it doesn't matter how many people work on the game or help develop the "plot" that it has now - Chris Metzen brainstormed and worked hard to create and develop the great bulk of the story and characters this fictional world has. Did people help out along the way? Surely. To say that Chris Metzen isn't Warcraft is just being an ass though - you're effectively robbing the man from his work. Plenty of assistants could help you paint the ceiling of a cathedral but the driving vision and the primary "work" would still be yours - would you want people to say that you didn't do it? No.

RE: The "seek counseling" jab, it's weak for one...as I'm giving you enough credit that you're not possibly stupid enough to think he was being literal; if on the other hand you're actually criticizing a human being for being passionate about some hobby of theirs...you're a hypocrite and you know it.

"It makes me want to punch someone in the face" is, in nearly all use cases on a forum especially, a fucking expression. Surprise.

Also, if he put Thrall above "every other character" (hyperbole much?) then why isn't Thrall the main contact in Mists? Why isn't Thrall IN Mists for more than five minutes?

On topic - I think Lor'themar is being positioned to take the job if it is a singular warchief; however, I'm sticking by the idea that it's almost certainly going to turn out that we move to a "War Council" similar to the Dwarves and there might be a "chief" in times of crisis or something like that.
    Last edited by Olrox; 2013-09-05 at 06:29 PM.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Don't be an idiot.

His point is valid; it doesn't matter how many people work on the game or help develop the "plot" that it has now - Chris Metzen brainstormed and worked hard to create and develop the great bulk of the story and characters this fictional world has. Did people help out along the way? Surely. To say that Chris Metzen isn't Warcraft is just being an ass though - you're effectively robbing the man from his work. Plenty of assistants could help you paint the ceiling of a cathedral but the driving vision and the primary "work" would still be yours - would you want people to say that you didn't do it? No.

RE: The "seek counseling" jab, it's weak for one...as I'm giving you enough credit that you're not possibly stupid enough to think he was being literal.

It's a fucking expression. Surprise.

Also, if he put Thrall above "every other character" (hyperbole much?) then why isn't Thrall the main contact in Mists? Why isn't Thrall IN Mists for more than five minutes?
    im gonna guess because shit loads of players complained (mainly alliance) of how much screen time thrall had got in previous expansions, and how in cata all we pretty much did was help him throughout the entire expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    think outside the box? there is no thinking outside the box in terms of who will be warchief, the same candidates have come up time and time again. your exactly the same as the people your describing who want a blood elf warchief, because you probably want thrall or an orc to become warchief, im gonna go with thrall though as you have a raging hardon for him
    At least Thrall is better than a Blood Elf who for all intents and purposes was willing to sell out the Horde in order to protect his own people.

If the Horde was a family, then He is your older brother who sells your Nintendo for weed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    im gonna guess because shit loads of players complained (mainly alliance) of how much screen time thrall had got in previous expansions, and how in cata all we pretty much did was help him throughout the entire expansion
    Gee, the Elements are in total chaos and we need someone to commune and use their power. Let's NOT call the strongest Shaman known and just leave the Earthen ring alone.

I saw just as much bullshit from Malfurion as I saw from Thrall, and all he had to do was Whack Fire elementals, not keep the Maelstrom from tearing apart Azeroth.

Sometimes, you need a hero for the fucking story, and for once, it was an Orc.

Not an elf or a human, an Orc.

Deleted
    At least Thrall is better than a Blood Elf who for all intents and purposes was willing to sell out the Horde in order to protect his own people.

If the Horde was a family, then He is your older brother who sells your Nintendo for weed.
    dont get me wrong im not taking sides on who should be warchief, people can vote for whoever they want. i personally dont think it SHOULD be the blood elf guy, but i think it will.

if anything im just against thrall becoming warchief because he has been warchief before for ages and i think it would be interesting to see how a different character would take up the responsibility, i mean as soon as garrosh takes over as warchief we got a whole expansion to kill him, and people can see it how they like whether it was a good or bad story, but it was drama with a new warchief other than thrall

Deleted

exactly.

What Lor'themar considered is an act of treason. He is lucky that no other non-belf horde were around to hear it.

But we can forgive him because he rescued horde in dalaran.

The warchief will be either Thrall or Saurfang (or maybe even Vol'jin)

another scenario would be some sort of a council or something

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited whoever it will be, hope we can see the cut scenes on release day rather than waiting till someone actually *kills* him :P

10+ Year Old Account

that made me giggle

10+ Year Old Account
    The only logical person other than Thrall for Warchief is Saurfang.
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm excited whoever it will be, hope we can see the cut scenes on release day rather than waiting till someone actually *kills* him :P
    Yeah, I'm excited as well. I think about it too =)

Btw if Lor'themar becomes Warchief (I hope he wont) we will get new Orcish leader anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Implying that he won't be killed within hours of release? Because he will be.

Oh and, it's going to be Lor'themar for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    how long does a raid world-first kill usually take these days?

Deleted
    The only one I would be annoyed if they choose is Thrall. I have had enough of him. I like him as a character but it would be nice to let someone else shine for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    how long does a raid world-first kill usually take these days?
    Not as fast as Boubouille datamine skills.