Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Patrick Stewart made being bald a good thing. As for me I don't fear going bald. occasionally I shave my head for a while. Currently I'm sporting longer hair and a ZZ-top/duck dynasty beard. It depends how the mood strikes me how my hair looks.

No. I don't. Nearly all the males in my family seem not being going bald. The only person that comes to mind was a fathers brother, but I can't remember if he was going bald before he was diagnosed with cancer of if that was from the chemo.

My hairline started receding when I was 20 (25 now) My older brother's was very thin by the time he was 22, and I was a little behind his pace, so I started propecia. I really don't care about being bald in my 30s and 40s, but I wanted a few more years to enjoy my hair; I even grew it down to my shoulders for a year, just to be able to say that I experienced having long hair. I don't think I regrew anything lost, but the thinning/receding definitely stopped. I also never had any problem with the sexual side-effects (by the way, I've read that those side-effects have actually been permanent in some unlucky guys, so if you're considering propecia, definitely take that into account!) The biggest issue honestly is the cost. The patent ran out this year but the generic finasteride is almost as expensive as brand-name propecia.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    My hair started receding when I was 19. I was fine with it and actually preferred it when my hair was short. Nowadays I shave it all over very close and wouldn't actually mind losing some more to give me the excuse to get the wet razor on it and shave it off completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not losing my hair yet, (knock on wood) but when I do I'm gonna shave it all off. No comb-overs for me, thank you! Baldness doesn't run in my family so I might be alright (knocking on wood again)

10+ Year Old Account
    If my father's family is any indication, I'll continue to have a full head of thick, luxuriant hair well into my 70s, though most of it will probably be grey by the time I'm 30.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always said that if I start going bald I'd never half arse it, I'd just shave the whole thing off and rock the Lex Luthor look.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Deleted
    No, not at all. I always cut my hair really short, so I wouldn't mind going completely bald neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmister View Post
    I started thinning at 16 and I got the baldness where I dont want it right in the middle towards the back. I shave my head now, and I have gotten used to it and now prefer it. If I was fully bad it would be wonderful.
    Came here to say exactly this.

Deleted
    If your going to loose all of your hair, you will loose it around 20 years of age, thats the genes doing their work. Now just loosing some of it can happed in the later ears.
    Last edited by mmoc198caea9b6; 2013-09-05 at 04:09 PM.

I prefer being short haired but i dont know about bald :P My dad is 51 now and he has begun to have a receding hairline now but its not really visible. He doesnt have a moon and its still dark brown and not a gray hair in sight so i suppose my outlook is good!

My hair is definetly thinning out. I think I got a few years before I'm at the "comb over" level... but I'll shave it off before that happens. ^_^

I'll admit I went bald for a short while, just to see. Ironically I didn't become self-concious of it until it was gone... then I felt kinda weird/outa place with people with hair - but got used to it.

Decided to grow it back eventually, just so I could maximize the time I have it for. ^_^

But, on the flipside, it means less money spent on shampoo and haircuts, and what's even better is that bald is becoming fashionable. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    No, not at all. I always cut my hair really short, so I wouldn't mind going completely bald neither.
    Short hair and being bald are totally different.

I'm already thinning in the middle/back of my head, hairline receding, all that fun stuff, doesn't bother me though, I keep my hair somewhat short.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Short hair and being bald are totally different.
    You're right, but i.m.o. someone who looks okay with short hair (six millimetre in my case) also looks okay without any hair nine out of ten times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care.
    I prefer shaved head. Looks awesome in the winter when I grow out my goatee to a full beard lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Greenbean View Post
    I have a friend of mine who ALWAYS wear a hat. I never thought about it really, but I hadn't seen him without it in a few months at least, perhaps even a year.
    I asked him if he was hiding a bad haircut or if it's just a choice of style, and he took it off.

He was thinning on top with the corners of his hairline receeded and all. He told me that it was a pain in the ass to be around 20 years old and already lose his hair.
    A real pain in the ass would be this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_areata
    With Alopécia areata all of your hair, yes even the pubic ones , fall. Had this disease, and sometimes i still have a recess of it with less strenght then the first time (i currently don't have any hair on a small part of my left leg).

Meanwhille, after had recovered to 98% of my hair, the natural process of life has started aswell to me, the hair at the top of my head has started to fall (very slowly).

I don't feel myself ashamed... Not having it, or having it in just some parts of you head or body is much worst . I almost forgoted to tell my age, i'm 32 (2 more weeks untill 33) so its normal we start losing hair, and i advise all of you, to at least be prepared for it.

I can give you a few tips to avoid it. Avoid hats, because the sun does help the capilar growth, also the hats contribute with friccion speeding up the process of losing hair.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Greenbean View Post
    His confidence is at rock bottom and he's thinking about saving up for a hair transplant. What is your take on this?
    Hadn't Waynne Ronney from MU donne one of these without succes?? It seems it only works sometimes with some people . And its expensive as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't really understand the stigma with men being bald, at least not the degree of ridiculous things like hair transplants or whatever. I kinda feel like everyone is the victim of hair product commercials convincing us there is something horrible about it.

Yes, having a receeding hairline or a bald spot can age you if you're young... but then you just bic it off or keep it really short. It looks good, it fixes the problem, and it doesn't cost a ton of money.

Lack of hair is not ugly for men. In fact, many women love bald men. What looks ugly is low self-esteem. What looks ugly is obsession with your hairline. What looks ugly is fake hair, combovers, and obvious hair plugs. Absence of hair is not the problem, the obsession with not having an absence of hair is.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I was visibly bald when I first walked into college, about three weeks after my eighteenth birthday. Well before I was twenty one I had very little hair, and I shaved my head at 23 and haven't looked back.

There aren't any good ways to change being bald to non-bald (going the other way is easy though). That will change as long as our society has such a hard on for full heads of hair on guys, as there is a big profit motivation towards engineering a way to change from nonbald to bald.